Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 4:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to share hair recolors?
Hi! I have a sim with a custom hair color and have recolored many hairs. I share this sim with my friend and would like for her to have the recolors too. How do I make them downloadable for her? Thanks in advance for any help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 12:18 PM
I assume you made the hair recolors with Bodyshop, because there aren't a lot of other ways to make them.

Find the files you made in the SavedSims folder (they'll have the project name you gave them plus a random 8-digit number, something like "5fae8c41_HairRecolor.package". If they're a bit spread all over the folder, sort by "date changed". Also make sure to find the mesh you used if it was a CC mesh, because otherwise the recolors won't show up properly for your friend.

Copy the recolor files and the mesh to a folder, and package them into a zip file. You probably have to download a compressing program like 7-zip if you don't have one already (it's free and won't nag you to buy a full version like winrar/winzip).

Now you can share it with your friend via Simfileshare or other ways to upload files.

There's some more info here if you need it:
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Custom_Content
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ator_Guidelines (the info is geared toward sharing on MTS, but has a lot of useful general information, too. Sharing with a friend doesn't require spesifics on pictures or file sizes, for instance. But if you share on other sites, make sure to check their spesific guidelines)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 9:27 PM
Thank you, this was very helpful!