Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default game crashing when aging male adults to elders
hi, i've been experiencing this problem for as long as i've been playing with ultimate collection. i'm playing on windows 10 without any problems (i have all the right fixes and everything) i'm using a nvidia graphics card. i make a point to change my sims into base game clothing and hair. (sim in question doesn't have custom skin, but this seems to happen with all of them) i searched my files for the specific file that causes this trouble and couldn't find it or one of the size. could anyone help me out with this? i did find two files sizes 6.64 mb and removed them but still crashed when trying to age up jake kody. thank you!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:02 AM
Have you tried fixing your game? (make a backup first) Go into Origin, right click the game and select fix.

Have you tried removing all your CC when ageing up?

I'm not sure what file you are talking about removing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you tried fixing your game? (make a backup first) Go into Origin, right click the game and select fix.

Have you tried removing all your CC when ageing up?

I'm not sure what file you are talking about removing.
i can't find the link now but it's a specific file with a bunch of letters and an 11 that isn't necessary that makes itself from clothes or something. i haven't tried, because i only have a lot of CC and i don't have any other problems other than with this, so i've been killing off my male sims if i can't age them up. (morbid i know, but i have no other way to play the game if everything else fails) i know it has to do with a corrupt file, but i don't know how to find it.

edit: here's info about the file i can't locate (possibly) http://modthesims.info/t/529552
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by havesamantha
i can't find the link now but it's a specific file with a bunch of letters and an 11 that isn't necessary that makes itself from clothes or something. i haven't tried, because i only have a lot of CC and i don't have any other problems other than with this, so i've been killing off my male sims if i can't age them up. (morbid i know, but i have no other way to play the game if everything else fails) i know it has to do with a corrupt file, but i don't know how to find it.

edit: here's info about the file i can't locate (possibly) http://modthesims.info/t/529552

You Must first test to see if you have problems when trying to age up a Sim with out any CC. Then if the problem does not exist, you Must Then do a 50/50 test where you test with 50% of your CC and see if the error occurs, if you don't get the error then you switch to the other 50%. If you do get the error then remove 50% and test the remaining 50%, else test the other other part.

You keep doing this until you have isolated the offending file.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:53 AM
@havesamantha Ah yes, I know of that. Most times unfortunately its because some cc randomly corrupted and you need to find and remove it. First test with no CC then unless your folders are neatly organized and you can neatly pull and test your elder CC it's the 50/50 as lordtyger9 suggested.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@havesamantha Ah yes, I know of that. Most times unfortunately its because some cc randomly corrupted and you need to find and remove it. First test with no CC then unless your folders are neatly organized and you can neatly pull and test your elder CC it's the 50/50 as lordtyger9 suggested.
agh okay. thank you for the insight that's such a pain, i have so many files.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:16 PM
hi, i've been experiencing this problem for as long as i've been playing with ultimate collection. i'm playing on windows 10 without any problems (i have all the right fixes and everything) i'm using a nvidia graphics card. i make a point to change my sims into base game clothing and hair. (sim in question doesn't have custom skin, but this seems to happen with all of them) i searched my files for the specific file that causes this trouble and couldn't find it or one of the size. could anyone help me out with this? i did find two files sizes 6.64 mb and removed them but still crashed when trying to age up jake kody. thank you!
I had that problem too and for me, the culprit was the custom skin tone that I have. It's such a drag to change the character file on SimPE but that's what I did and I successfully turned my sim into an elder.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:46 PM
guys i've figured out what i think could possibly be a fix for this. i had an adult sim aging to elder and he crashed my game. i went back and this time didn't type boolprop upon entering my neighborhood and he aged up normally. after i went back and put the code back in to continue gameplay and everything worked fine! i've only tested this with 1 sim but plan to continue trying.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 7:42 AM
I would like to point out that when the UC crashes, it is not because it is the UC. It is normally because of cc, conflicting mods, etc. - in other words, the exact same things that would crash the game when you use disks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 8:44 AM
guys i've figured out what i think could possibly be a fix for this. i had an adult sim aging to elder and he crashed my game. i went back and this time didn't type boolprop upon entering my neighborhood and he aged up normally. after i went back and put the code back in to continue gameplay and everything worked fine! i've only tested this with 1 sim but plan to continue trying.
update: this didn't work for long. i've given up aging them until i have the time to figure out the troublemaker (got scared because someone suggested clothing and i can only imagine how many hours it'll take for me to find the culprit) so the elixir of life has been a life saver (literally) in at least delaying the aging process in the male sims. (don't want to turn aging off altogether)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:25 PM
You have that many elder male clothing?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 12:42 PM
This happends to my all my male sims too...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 1:36 PM
^ There are several tips above, so maybe try them out. It's most liikely a CC issue.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 5:14 AM
Hi, I've been called out before for reviving posts that haven't had any replies for a while, but I was searching for a fix to this issue myself and there was nothing concrete, so I want to share what helps me with this issue, because it's a real thing.

When my sim doesn't have any CC, the game doesn't crash while aging up, but when they do (especially CC hair), that's when it crashes. I don't have the time nor the willingness to test every item that might be corrupt, and using the boolprop cheat to force an error in said object seems to only work for buy and build mode items.

What I've done, and it works, is to simply move away the camera from the male sim when the aging up occurs, and the game won't crash. Then, I'm able to play with the sim normally. I've done this in two different computers, and it works fine, so I'm positive anyone else that has this issue can try this out and it'll help.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 5:17 PM
Search your Downloads folder for file called "uhkjhihjkj(11)" or any other randomly named files that are 6.64 MB in size (you can do that easiest by opening the downloads folder, search the folder for *.package, let it load and then set it in order by size from biggest to smallest, there shouldn't be many other files that big) If you have SimPE you can open the file to check, it will contain 1534 CRES files and it's safe to delete it, in fact you should delete it since it causes crashing. There's some discussion about that file here if you want more reading. Once you've removed the file(s) the crashing should stop unless you have other bad custom content and/or something else wrong in your game.

That file and its differently named variations are nasty since they package with Sims and a lot of times people will think it's a mesh and required for something so I've even seen it uploaded with clothing recolors occasionally but it's really just a garbage file that should be nuked.