Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 6:20 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 13th Feb 2020 at 10:41 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing Sims 2 CD/DVD
I had installed the game on this PC before and did not have this problem. I took it out because I was going to get a larger hard drive, but backed out, so decided to reinstall it.

I installed the Base game first, of course, no problems with install or running the game. Then, went to install University (which who already knows is a 2 CD install). The first CD installed good, but when it asked for the second CD, my computer will not read the disc. Weird. Never had this problem before. So I tried to Google the problem and looked through the forums here, but no resolve. I did even turn off my virus protection and turned off Windows Security services to see if that was preventing it from installing, nothing there either. I also did the Securom uninstaller before trying to install University, that did not help either (I tried it with and without Securom). Then, I bought a new CD/DVD Rom drive and installed that (I got the OE replacement), still did not fix the problem and it does run other discs. So, what else could it be?? Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 6:34 PM
What do you mean "will not read the disc"?

There's one possibility I can think of, and it's not a nice one: it's possible the disc could've just gone bad. I've had it happen before.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 6:51 PM
The good news is, because University is one of the earlier EPs, you could borrow the necessary disk from a friend because it's not gonna be the one you'll be running the final game with.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 7:05 PM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 6:55 PM
In the link provided by Annaminna try 2.3 Copy Install Files to Your Hard Drive. When I played with discs my Nightlife disc after a while wouldn't (re)install but I managed to copy it to my hard-drive and installed from it.