Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 6:09 PM
Creation of my first world
As the title suggests, I would like to create my first world, but I have some problems:
1 - I can't create a world without water around, I would like to make only a lake in the center of the map, with an island in the center to build buildings there, but without an ocean around it.
2 - And when I try to try the world in the game it always gives me error, I don't understand why, I have the game updated to 1.69 from origin and I downloaded the right version of the CAW.

----> I apologize for my precarious English, it is not my language.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 7:38 PM
Specify the error or show a screenshot of it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Zamira : 15th Mar 2020 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Specify the error or show a screenshot of it.

ok now I get the screen and so I place it
Here, I tried with a map just started, to "edit in the game" and the message is this:
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 11:51 PM
This probably needs to be in the CAW section. You do not have to do island worlds. Pick any of the non island ones to use as a starter and sculpt as you want. Save at some time, and I would place at least a lot or 2 to have something for edit in town, and then use EIG. It may help if you can post a screenshot or a few of what you have done of the world so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Zamira : 16th Mar 2020 at 12:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
This probably needs to be in the CAW section. You do not have to do island worlds. Pick any of the non island ones to use as a starter and sculpt as you want. Save at some time, and I would place at least a lot or 2 to have something for edit in town, and then use EIG. It may help if you can post a screenshot or a few of what you have done of the world so far.

unfortunately I haven't been able to do anything yet ...
I chose the flat map, but reducing the zoom you can still see the water around it...
and EIG I should load the world in the semi-finished game, the change in game from the CAW does not work me from that error I was talking about before....
I had also thought of trying to modify an EA world, to learn how to use the CAW, but I don't know how to convert the world file to open it in caw
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:30 AM
You always see water around the world in CAW depending on the size and where the camera/view is. As said, you probably/may have to have something to edit before EIG will work? Usually folks are farther along before using EIG. Place some things, such a few roads and lots and save then try EIG. It looks like you have not even added a layer yet?

Also, have you read the EA tutorial? And there are many others for using CAW. It sounds like you need to learn the basics?

Also you can play in SV or Riverview lite a bit if wanted to learn to use CAW more.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:35 AM
You always see water around the world in CAW depending on the size and where the camera/view is. As said, you probably/may have to have something to edit before EIG will work? Usually folks are farther along before using EIG. Place some things, such a few roads and lots and save then try EIG. It looks like you have not even added a layer yet?

Also, have you read the EA tutorial? And there are many others for using CAW. It sounds like you need to learn the basics?

Yes I tried to read the tutorials, but I didn't understand some things well, that's why I asked here, to have a little help to understand ...
So do I have to block the camera view?
the rest I understand better the thing of the cameras and view of the water around not so much

Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:43 AM
You cannot learn CAW just from posts here or anywhere. It is far too complicated. You will have to learn from tutes here and/or elsewhere. Do not worry about the water around the world map. And unless you do a large world, or at least a medium (? someone will remember) you have to do an island as the world will not be large enough for use of distant terrains. Or you will have to sculpt to block the water view where not wanted.

So no, you need to see where the world ends and there is water to know what to do.

We are here to help as we can but cannot teach you totally how to use CAW. Specific questions we can try to answer but the topic is WAY too large for more than that. Check the CAW section here as there is tons of good information.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=daisylee]You cannot learn CAW just from posts here or anywhere. It is far too complicated. You will have to learn from tutes here and/or elsewhere. Do not worry about the water around the world map. And unless you do a large world, or at least a medium (? someone will remember) you have to do an island as the world will not be large enough for use of distant terrains. Or you will have to sculpt to block the water view where not wanted.

So no, you need to see where the world ends and there is water to know what to do.

Yes you are right. But I didn't pretend you told me everything I know it's complicated I read all the EA guide.
And from the answer above, I understood the problem:
But now I do not find how to color the ground to not get the sim to the cofine and prevent the cameras from framing the border.
if you tell me this is enough for me
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 1:03 AM
What size world map are you using? If too small you will see off the edge no matter what unless you do major sculpting to avoid it. And if too small that is not really realistic. You are nowhere ready to do routing at this point.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Zamira : 16th Mar 2020 at 5:54 AM.
What size world map are you using? If too small you will see off the edge no matter what unless you do major sculpting to avoid it. And if too small that is not really realistic. You are nowhere ready to do routing at this point.

I used an average map, of those that CAW proposes.

I looked and read everything better, you are right and I understand , so I try to do the whole map first.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 6:00 PM
I am getting something more, but how do you put them on bridges?

dodgy builder
#13 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 6:15 PM
You can start here:

It's by James Turner or Simsupply if you like. He's been the teacher for many of us in the past. It may seem old, but it's an old tool.

Also you need to move your butt to caw forum You can search in the forum to find solutions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You can start here:

It's by James Turner or Simsupply if you like. He's been the teacher for many of us in the past. It may seem old, but it's an old tool.

Also you need to move your butt to caw forum You can search in the forum to find solutions.

OK thanks

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 9:02 PM
This one is even more basic - http://krrank.blogspot.com/p/caw-tutorial.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
This one is even more basic - http://krrank.blogspot.com/p/caw-tutorial.html

Thanks, so I can translate and understand better, the videos are more difficult for me to follow
if I can build the world, can I then post here for opinions or advice or is there another section? just not to be wrong

Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 1:31 AM
As said, there is a CAW section here and you were given the link. There also is a section here where folks who may want to upload their worlds can get feedback but you are ages away from that. Check the tutes available and I think Norn did one also? You need to start with the baby steps first,
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 6:06 PM
As said, there is a CAW section here and you were given the link. There also is a section here where folks who may want to upload their worlds can get feedback but you are ages away from that. Check the tutes available and I think Norn did one also? You need to start with the baby steps first,

ok ok, it was just to know.
with the tutor linked by KatyFernlily I'm already making progress

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 5:42 PM
Hi, for the rest I'm understanding how it goes, thanks to the tuotorials.
But the in-game modification of CAW doesn't open to me.
I read around and understood that maybe origin is giving problems since the launcher starts, but I can't understand how to solve it ...
also because I don't think I have the basic game version of The Sims 3, which says "Become social - All new ways to connect and play with life" at the top of the box, available on Origin ...
Since I had the game on DVD and I used the x code to download it from Origin having broken the DVD, so CAW should allow you to bypass the launcher, and also makes it possible to edit in the game.

dodgy builder
#20 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
Hi, for the rest I'm understanding how it goes, thanks to the tuotorials.
But the in-game modification of CAW doesn't open to me.
I read around and understood that maybe origin is giving problems since the launcher starts, but I can't understand how to solve it ...
also because I don't think I have the basic game version of The Sims 3, which says "Become social - All new ways to connect and play with life" at the top of the box, available on Origin ...
Since I had the game on DVD and I used the x code to download it from Origin having broken the DVD, so CAW should allow you to bypass the launcher, and also makes it possible to edit in the game.

It's been said for a long time you need 1.67. In 1,69 you need the Origin and it doesn't work with CAW. I don't know if there has ever been found a work around. I guess if you download from Origin to 1.67 if that's possible, you can later remove Origin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's been said for a long time you need 1.67. In 1,69 you need the Origin and it doesn't work with CAW. I don't know if there has ever been found a work around. I guess if you download from Origin to 1.67 if that's possible, you can later remove Origin.

yes something I read, but I did not understand how to redeem version 1.67, unfortunately sometimes having to translate I don't understand everything well

dodgy builder
#22 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
yes something I read, but I did not understand how to redeem version 1.67, unfortunately sometimes having to translate I don't understand everything well

I don't think it's going to work, but I guess you can try. What people usually do is to uninstall TS3 and then reinstall. I think you have to get yourself a version of the basegame CD from before 2012. That's the only certain thing really. I think Origin is going to be a real trouble. Someone else might have a workaround to suggest though. Give people some time while you search for an old CD somewhere. It's a pain in the butt to unistall if you still can't use it. How old is the one you have? Perhaps EA can replace yours, if you say you need a CD for CAW?

To say it one more time. Get yourself an old CD from before 2012.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 10:24 PM
The only way I've gotten Edit in Game/saves to work with the lastest version of Caw (1.69) is to remove the mods folder and store stuff (I believe the DCCache folder). But then you only have basic stuff to work with. So instead I don't build lots in CAW, only in game.
I believe a world creator has figured out a way to place prebuilt lots in CAW (without removing folders mentioned above) with S3PE and a hex editor or some such. It was over my head so I didn't even attempt it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 10:50 PM
oops, I found out that I had made a mistake, I had named the rescue CAW and the world in a different way, for that it didn't work ...
sorry I must have followed the instructions badly, translating sometimes I'm wrong

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 6:53 PM
Hi, now that I can finally access the modification in game, it doesn't save me T_T
gives me this error message, what could create it?
Screenshots

Page 1 of 2