Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 8:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super Duper Hug, No Sim Loaded, and Other Mods
I think I might have the Super Duper Hug in one of my neighborhoods. I don't make custom lots to share, but I sometimes make my own for personal use. If I use No Sim Loaded to suppress the Super Duper Hug, will I still be able to use the controllers for Monique's Computer and Child Support mods? Or any other mods that use a controller? I know that removing one of my mods will result in the Super Duper Hug, but it's one of my essential mods for vampire gameplay.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 8:46 PM
If you *just* want to suppress Super Duper Hug, I would actually use the suppressor that's released alongside LBFDeadlyNeckBite on MTS, as that's all it does. No Sim Loaded also does a lot of other things, which are not necessarily things you want and in some cases can cause errors if you save the lot at the wrong time. Super Duper Hug suppressors shouldn't interfere with any other mod, though.
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:51 PM
Well, I actually found No Sim Loaded to be the best way to prevent the super duper hug bug. I used to just use the suppressor in Deadly Bite Neck but still experienced the bug when reinstalling my own lots later--that could be because of not carefully reviewing the lot file in the clean installer, though, as this was years ago, probably before I starting using the installer regularly. It also could have been caused by other mods. Anyway, for me it's not a big deal to give NSL a minute to run & execute the pop up before saving, but ymmv.

I've only ever had a problem with NSL once in the years I have been using NSL--and that's specifically because I was trying to beat a birth and exit to the hood to roll the randomizer, which I had forgotten to do. A rare enough scenario for me, as I usually save earlier in the birth/immediately on first contraction with no issues. In the time I had a problem, I saved much later in the process than I usually do. And I was able to fix the issue without too much headache, too (I had to take NSL out and then let the load.) Plus because NSL also cleans up controllers, it's helped fix many buggy lots for me, so overall I think the trade off is worth it. But again, ymmv.

To answer the OP's question, though, yes you can use other mods with controllers and NSL together. The things that NSL is looking for are different. I personally use Monique's computer and NSL with no issues. I have other mods like ACR with controllers that don't have an issue either.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 10:29 PM
The Clean Installer will never list the SDH as being contained in a lot, because it only looks for CC objects and the SDH controller is not CC, it shipped with the game. Furthermore, no SDH suppressor will work on a lot that has never entered live mode. I believe that if you build a lot from scratch and don't remove any mods during the building of the lot that lot should not have SDH on it even if other lots in your game do have it at the time of building, but if you remove a SDH-causing mod while building the lot or use an existing lot with SDH on it as a base for the new lot the new lot will have it and no mod can remove it at that point unless the lot enters live mode.

Quote:
I've only ever had a problem with NSL once in the years I have been using NSL--and that's specifically because I was trying to beat a birth and exit to the hood to roll the randomizer, which I had forgotten to do. A rare enough scenario for me, as I usually save earlier in the birth/immediately on first contraction with no issues. In the time I had a problem, I saved much later in the process than I usually do. And I was able to fix the issue without too much headache, too (I had to take NSL out and then let the load.)

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I don't think NSL does anything that can't be done with other mods, so it's in no way necessary.

Edit: Actually, I believe that Chris Hatch's lot cleaner should be able to remove SDH from lots that have never entered live mode, but NSL will not be able to do that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Well, I actually found No Sim Loaded to be the best way to prevent the super duper hug bug. I used to just use the suppressor in Deadly Bite Neck but still experienced the bug when reinstalling my own lots later--that could be because of not carefully reviewing the lot file in the clean installer, though, as this was years ago, probably before I starting using the installer regularly. It also could have been caused by other mods. Anyway, for me it's not a big deal to give NSL a minute to run & execute the pop up before saving, but ymmv.

I've only ever had a problem with NSL once in the years I have been using NSL--and that's specifically because I was trying to beat a birth and exit to the hood to roll the randomizer, which I had forgotten to do. A rare enough scenario for me, as I usually save earlier in the birth/immediately on first contraction with no issues. In the time I had a problem, I saved much later in the process than I usually do. And I was able to fix the issue without too much headache, too (I had to take NSL out and then let the load.) Plus because NSL also cleans up controllers, it's helped fix many buggy lots for me, so overall I think the trade off is worth it. But again, ymmv.

To answer the OP's question, though, yes you can use other mods with controllers and NSL together. The things that NSL is looking for are different. I personally use Monique's computer and NSL with no issues. I have other mods like ACR with controllers that don't have an issue either.

That's really helpful, thank you. I also use ACR. Now my sims only care about babies and makin' babies.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Alchemist
#6 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 3:10 AM
@kestrellyn, I didn't mean that the Clean Installer could show the super duper hug bug, though it's good to know that it doesn't, in fact, do so. I just meant that when I noticed my lots had it years ago, it might have been a time where I still used the sims2pack installer occasionally, or, if I did use the clean installer, I just checked all and reinstalled and didn't check for stray mods (like the phonehack, which likes to package itself with lots sometimes). I didn't know much about lot cleaning back then (though I generally didn't package lots that were lived in). For me, what pushed me to get No Sim Loaded was that when I used my old package files of lots I'd renovated, especially my saved community lots, I'd see the super duper hug bug. It stumped me because I never played those lots when I saved it.

But nevermind all that! Is there a mod that also cleans up pet pregnancy controllers? That function and preventing the SDHB are the two big reasons why I promote NSL. The pet pregnancy controller issue makes lots so laggy, they're basically unplayable, imo. If there's another mod that takes care of that, then I'll keep it in my for my recommends list for when other players ask questions. And I'll try to remember when I talk about NSL to warn players not to save & exit in the middle of the pregnancy, but rather do it right at the beginning, in order to avoid errors with NSL.

And LyokoGirl5000, I'm glad I could help. I remember being a little nervous about installing NSL too, but it has worked well for me in the past years. Just remember to keep Smarter EP Check installed and you should be fine.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 3:34 AM
Yeah, NSL can't do anything about lots that haven't been played/entered live mode because its code only runs in live mode. The same is true for I think all the other suppressors. They might work in build mode if you put the code into the Init function, but I'm not actually sure of that. You don't have to have played a lot for it to get the SDH. For Chris Hatch's object, the code is in init, so all you need to do for it to run is to select it from the catalog.

There are actually multiple mods that clean up pet pregnancy controllers this one here, for example: https://modthesims.info/d/326049/pr...roller-fix.html and I believe TwoJeffs has made one as well. You don't need NSL for that.