Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 4:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I borked a Vacation
I managed to nullify a vacation, guys. Let me teach you my ways.

Apparently, my last game play rotation, after getting my couple engaged, I set up a Honeymoon for them.

So, here I am, this rotation and my sims want to go on a date. Instead of clicking "ask" in the option menu, I select "propose". And because I'm having a carpal tunnel day, I accidentally double clicked it, meaning I actually managed to click "propose" "marriage". No big, I thought. I had the sim selected that I wanted to carry the family name, so, after they quietly marry each other, they can finish their date. They have their little ceremony, and I start the date.

That was my first mistake. The shuttle arrives during their date to whisk them off on their honeymoon. I roll with it. I hire them a nanny, and off they go! Well, sort of. They didn't actually do the cute animation of walking to the shuttle with their bags.

Once they arrive, neither of their "Go on vacation" wants satisfy. This should be my first indication something is amiss. But I brush off the fact and manually satisfy the wants. I assume it was some weird one off mistake. Just super weird it happened twice.

The vacation proceeds as usual, and everyone has a good time. Now it's time to go home. They check out of their hotel, the shuttle arrives, I'm returned to their home lot and there they are, still on their date, just as I left them.

And here comes their shuttle to drop them off.

Wait .... what? Naturally, they don't get out of the shuttle. They're already home. Or, they never left. But they have their memories of their vacation. Inventory is full of the evidence of their good time.

The shuttle leaves, and everything is normal. I don't get any of the vacation perks they deserve. Is there any way to remedy this? Does anyone know how I can manually give them their perks? It was my bad so I don't think they should be punished.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 4:14 PM
I hope you had a back up from just before that happened like if you'd just backed up the Sims 2 folder and that was the first time playing since making a back up you can just roll back to the earlier version.I had that happen similar theough it was that my sims got a horrible jump bug fro overuse of the sethour cheat so I started replacing that with using a time freezer clock.You must've glitched something up badly with the double clicks and would have to get your most recently backed up SIms 2 folder to roll back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I hope you had a back up from just before that happened like if you'd just backed up the Sims 2 folder and that was the first time playing since making a back up you can just roll back to the earlier version.I had that happen similar theough it was that my sims got a horrible jump bug fro overuse of the sethour cheat so I started replacing that with using a time freezer clock.You must've glitched something up badly with the double clicks and would have to get your most recently backed up SIms 2 folder to roll back.

Honestly, I'm not going to stress it too, much. Other than not getting Vacation Perks, everything else was fine. I'm gonna take the win and not look too much into it. I just know to be more mindful of this in the future.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 5:40 AM
That glitched vacation is a sign that the town could be on it's way to breaking down with corruption as that happened once with one of my vacations on my old computer just after getting the expansion shortly after it was released.I lost that town just after that glitched vacation and the next time I tried loading the town it just wouldn't open.The game loaded it halfway before crashing to desktop.It happened more than ten years ago on my old Windows XP laptop.