Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 7:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it possible to extend the video time played on custom Arcade machines?
To explain clearly, I have some custom Arcade machines which were obtained from Paladin years ago.
Each arcade machine has a config file that goes in the Uni directory, the custom videos go in the movies/Arcade folder.

The default duration I think is 10 seconds. The intro is possibly half that duration.
Is it possible to extend the duration within its current settings?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 2:30 PM
Greets!

I believe from what you said that you want the videos to be longer?

The short answer is no. The videos are mini movies and the length is arbitrary and was decided by who made them.

You can add commercials or "noise" in-between the mini-movies but little else.

You can however make your own movies, there are Tuts for that.

I'm hoping I understood you correctly...;-)

GS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 3:09 AM
Actually it's the config file I was referring to, it sets the duration for the videos' length. I think even if you made it shorter, it would just loop. But making the video length longer will be limited to the config file itself.
I'm just unsure in how to extend it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:52 PM
Cool!

It was nice seeing Q-Bert, Joust and Asteroids again..;-)

Sorry, duration, no. However looping, yes, let me explain.

Paladin has 6 videos for each game.

1 Intro, 3 play, 1 lose and 1 win.

It's possible to loop any of the 3 play videos several times to make the duration, longer.

Would that be acceptable?

You would see a "shift" as each video ended and a new one began.

If you desire further help, let me know.

GS