Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 8:34 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 3rd Aug 2020 at 8:48 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim Has Become Unselectable`
Hi, I don't know if this is the right title or not. I don't know if "Bug/Glitch" is right or not. To explain what happened, I had my married couple at their shop selling things. Suddenly, the wife who was the cashier was not able to interact w/anything at all! I had the husband close the business and then had her walk home. Unfortunately, she left the business to go home alone w/o him! I took her back to the business and he was unselectable. I used a mod to make him selectable. It seemed as if he was an employee or something like that who was assigned to sell things. That's all he could do. When a customer came in, he left the cash register and started to sell to the customer. So I had him close the business again. A couple of the customers just kind of hung back and were just chatting. I chose to clear off "all non residents." Unfortunately, that cleared him off too! When I went back up to the hood view and clicked on their home, it showed only the wife and kids, but not him. Is there any way of recovering him? I have no idea how any of this happened. It just happened suddenly. One more problem; w/the wife selected while she was at home, when I click on the teleporter plus bush to summon him, but he does not show up! His name is not there.

Edit to add: I looked under all the names to see where he landed. He did appear in one of the townie names and so I summoned him and had her invite him to move in again. I'm going to take them to the business again and see what happens. If she is not able to do anything, I'll just close up and sell the business.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 10:46 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 3rd Aug 2020 at 6:05 PM.
Well, it seems as though it's resolved now. I have no idea why he became a townie. I guess moving him in seems to have solved it. I just can't figure out though, why she suddenly became unable to interact w/anything. I have a feeling that if I had taken him home, she would have become a townie.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:56 AM
Hi Joanandsarah77, Do you think that some kind of hood corruption could cause a playable sim to suddenly become a townie? I have the batbox, but unsure of which command to use to fix hood problems if there are any.