Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default No options for sim to leave lot
This is a Fraternity house on a Uni lot. I deleted a stuck cellphone via the college adjuster and now I have no options on any menu for my sims to leave the lot. No "Walk to Lot", "Call Taxi" or "Call Transport". They can go to class on their own but I can't direct them to and I had a Sim age up and move out successfully. I had not been having any issue with this lot prior to the cellphone delete. No one was using a cell phone when I did the delete either. I think this may be a portal issue but cannot remember how to go about fixing that.

My Sims did throw a party for the sim that moved out and everyone showed up and left correctly as well. I have deleted and reset a sim to see if that would give back the options and it did not. The Sim that moved out and back to the main hood does have the "Walk, Call" options though so it does seem to be lot-specific.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:14 AM
Not sure if portals would be the problem, but to check if there is a portal missing, you need this item. https://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html
If there is actually one missing, that same download provides buyable portals too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 7:05 PM
Thanks, I gave it a whirl and replaced the pedestrian portals but it seems like that isn't the problem. I haven't encountered the issue with any of my other Uni lots so it seems isolated to this one. I've got a "walk to lot" option on the batbox so I might try using that. I would hate to have to lose the frat house as it's my oldest on campus. I might try moving in another member that's an upperclassman and see if the problem persists. Since it's only this lot I don't see how it could be a CC issue.
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 8:33 AM
Maybe you placed a piece of CC on this lot that could be causing the problem?

Even when I was SURE it couldn't be CC messing up my game, testing has often shown me to be wrong about that.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 3:40 AM
I still have no idea what caused the issue in the first place but it seems to have gone away. I played that lot today and everyone had all the correct options for leaving the lot.