Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Zerhai : 10th Dec 2012 at 2:25 PM. Reason: forgot something
Quote: Originally posted by Chryseis
This is really interesting
I may edit a few things for my own personal enjoyment, but overall, its a great idea and would love to give it a go

I'm curious though, could this work with a different Occult type? Say Fairy or Witch? Or even Genie? And what about a SimBot? Have a whole Robin Williams/Bicentennial man thing going on lol.

Do you know how to make portraits? I've never been able to actually paint a portrait. My sims never do the actions the way I want lol.
I do not have supernatural so i don't know personally if it would work with other supernaturals, but i do have ambitions and the simbot idea is interesting..... and i had been thinking of a challenge with simbot as the main, i will definitely give it more thought (simbots are so underplayed....) ........ if you can come up with rules for the other occults let me know, besides ghosts, i think that would prolly work about the same as vampire or nearly the same, just prolly needs some tweeking.
oh and i would love to hear of any tweeking you do to this, i love constructive criticism!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 10:10 PM
Well, I started it last, but I didn't know what LTW to give her, so I went with Jack of All trades. If you listed one on the main post, then I must have missed it and im terribly sorry xD.

I made her have a teen in CAS as I didn't want to have to find a vampire and befriend and then get turned, but as luck would have it, first night in bridgeport and i met 3 rather dashing vampire men... I was thinking of making all 3 her lovers and having him live with the family for 3 generations, then she gets bored and sends him on his way so she can bring the next one in for the next 3 gens lol. To me, vampires gauge of time would be different, so when a quick summer fling for us is a few months or even weeks, it would span several generations for a vampire

I also decided to use a pre-built house in Bridgeport, and I will only have the one basement level and one house level as my personal preference is one level houses lol. I will see how I manage to get all the portraits up xD.
I will also purchase multiple houses to kick out extra kids and things. I'd only have a maximum of say 2 or 3 kids per generation, depending on how the household numbers are. I don't have any mods, and I am not a big cheater, so we'll see how I go before I start pulling my hair out xD

And, about the SimBot idea, I sort of had it in my mind that you'd create one sim, have him have a family, and then, by the time he's an elder he will have reached max level inventing and found all the materials needed to make the SimBot. Once the SimBot was made, he'd turn it on, then die and the SimBot would be left to live amongst the family, guiding each male heir into inventing, "the family business" lol. But only one SimBot is allowed, and you would have to feed him Ambrosia to make him live longer, or make him cheat to stay alive
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chryseis
Well, I started it last, but I didn't know what LTW to give her, so I went with Jack of All trades. If you listed one on the main post, then I must have missed it and im terribly sorry xD.

I made her have a teen in CAS as I didn't want to have to find a vampire and befriend and then get turned, but as luck would have it, first night in bridgeport and i met 3 rather dashing vampire men... I was thinking of making all 3 her lovers and having him live with the family for 3 generations, then she gets bored and sends him on his way so she can bring the next one in for the next 3 gens lol. To me, vampires gauge of time would be different, so when a quick summer fling for us is a few months or even weeks, it would span several generations for a vampire

I also decided to use a pre-built house in Bridgeport, and I will only have the one basement level and one house level as my personal preference is one level houses lol. I will see how I manage to get all the portraits up xD.
I will also purchase multiple houses to kick out extra kids and things. I'd only have a maximum of say 2 or 3 kids per generation, depending on how the household numbers are. I don't have any mods, and I am not a big cheater, so we'll see how I go before I start pulling my hair out xD

And, about the SimBot idea, I sort of had it in my mind that you'd create one sim, have him have a family, and then, by the time he's an elder he will have reached max level inventing and found all the materials needed to make the SimBot. Once the SimBot was made, he'd turn it on, then die and the SimBot would be left to live amongst the family, guiding each male heir into inventing, "the family business" lol. But only one SimBot is allowed, and you would have to feed him Ambrosia to make him live longer, or make him cheat to stay alive
very interesting, i have never worked with simbots to the extent that they get to the end of their lives.... i will have to do research......
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 12:17 AM
Also the life time wish is completely up to you i think i chose perfect garden i will edit the first post for recommendations for people
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 5:07 AM
I have supernatural and seasons, so I may do spin off legacies with different supernaturals

Because I have seasons, and say the husband of one of the generation heir's gets abducted and have an alien baby, are we allowed to raise the alien for the next generation?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:56 PM
hmmmm i think that would be a personal call... i see no problem with it as it really didn't hurt the heir and the child is still of the bloodline even though its an alien.... i think, as i said since i don't have those expansions
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 3:46 PM
I shall be finishing my introduction to my blog soon, also gonna post the rules on my blog since it is my creation but all that will be posted at the same time..... arg stop getting distracted Zerhai......
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 5:38 PM
I may give this a try. Of course after I finish my current set of on-going challenges like A-Z legacy (on the V's) and Royal Kingdom Challenge (Just started RKC last night) and then it'll probably have a 3rd when I get the Seasons Ep and than this is going to probably be when I finish my legacy, soo... give me a couple of months at least!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stripes_of_Doom
I may give this a try. Of course after I finish my current set of on-going challenges like A-Z legacy (on the V's) and Royal Kingdom Challenge (Just started RKC last night) and then it'll probably have a 3rd when I get the Seasons Ep and than this is going to probably be when I finish my legacy, soo... give me a couple of months at least!
Definitely know the feeling, *glances at unfinished posts on my challenge blogs and shudders* i really need to work on those
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 10:17 PM
yay I finally got my introduction posted on my blog here is a link: http://silverwindmotf.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 11:20 PM
I'm tentatively going to try this, we'll see how it goes! I only have one question, does each Heir in the 1st Generation have to have two children, and so-on? Or can the two heirs from Generation 1 have only one heir each?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lasweetiebloom
I'm tentatively going to try this, we'll see how it goes! I only have one question, does each Heir in the 1st Generation have to have two children, and so-on? Or can the two heirs from Generation 1 have only one heir each?
the 'mother's must have 2 grandchildren from her child.

each line must have 1 heir, if you want to have another that is up to you and would go under the point category of an extra line.
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 12:14 AM
Ok! Awesome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 10:04 PM
I hope you have fun!
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 3:45 AM
I'm also going to try to blog this one, once I figure out how to follow you I'd love to watch yours. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazypenguin
I'm also going to try to blog this one, once I figure out how to follow you I'd love to watch yours. (:
let me check i thought i put a follow button on there...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 3:29 AM
*straps self to chair* ok i am going to update my blog for this one.... currently waiting for all the screenshots.... after this update I should have better poses for my sims, since i just installed the poseplayer with a variety of poses..... the upload is taking forever though
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 3:42 AM
yay even though its a bit hasty i am now caught up to where i was playing *does the happy dance*

here is my update:
http://silverwindmotf.blogspot.com/...1-new-life.html
Field Researcher
#44 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 7:55 AM
I've been considering playing this, but my game has been running poorly lately so i don't think i could complete it. I really love this though!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree
I've been considering playing this, but my game has been running poorly lately so i don't think i could complete it. I really love this though!
its all good, and i feel for you, to have the mods that i like that i can't seem to make myself take off my game, i have to have my game at nearly the lowest settings...... and i still have lag problems....
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai
let me check i thought i put a follow button on there...

I can't find one ): I've checked everything but all I found was a recommendation button. I'm also very new to blogger and its bothering me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazypenguin
I can't find one ): I've checked everything but all I found was a recommendation button. I'm also very new to blogger and its bothering me.
ok i put a follow by email gadget on there.... that should help
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 11:51 PM
FINALLY...was able to begin this challenge! I figured the kid is playing with his toys and now I can play with mine! I loved the sound of this challenge as a different spin on the legacy challenge which is also a fave of mine. I'm not great at keeping score, but I do like to keep the game a challenge so hopefully things go as planned.

This is my founder Ambrosia Rain. Poor Ambrosia has already had a curve thrown at her as the man with whom she fell hopelessly in love was already married with 3 daughters. So, she is having to raise their child alone. However, he wasn't done with her as on the night she actually got pregnant with her heir, he all of a sudden got out of bed and started howling at the moon before changing into a werewolf -- no, I was not paying close enough attention to my sim relationship panel to see that he had been turned. So, now she has a daughter, Amrita, who is a werewolf as well. Who would need protecting more? I guess it works for the story.

I'm loving the fact there's so much prep to this before the actual challenge even begins!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Secresa
FINALLY...was able to begin this challenge! I figured the kid is playing with his toys and now I can play with mine! I loved the sound of this challenge as a different spin on the legacy challenge which is also a fave of mine. I'm not great at keeping score, but I do like to keep the game a challenge so hopefully things go as planned.

This is my founder Ambrosia Rain. Poor Ambrosia has already had a curve thrown at her as the man with whom she fell hopelessly in love was already married with 3 daughters. So, she is having to raise their child alone. However, he wasn't done with her as on the night she actually got pregnant with her heir, he all of a sudden got out of bed and started howling at the moon before changing into a werewolf -- no, I was not paying close enough attention to my sim relationship panel to see that he had been turned. So, now she has a daughter, Amrita, who is a werewolf as well. Who would need protecting more? I guess it works for the story.

I'm loving the fact there's so much prep to this before the actual challenge even begins!
*claps gleefully* I love your ideas! I can't wait to hear how you do! I am horrible at keeping score as well, I put it in the challenge for people who like to..... (my daughter got ahold of my score sheet a few days ago and decided it needed to go in the toilet...... so i lost count of my score already......)(Merry Christmas btw) oh i wish i had supernatural...... but i make due with late night and ambitions....
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 12:48 AM
Merry Christmas to you as well!

Late Night and Ambitions are actually two of my favorites. They seemed to add a lot to make things interesting! I love the painting and sculpting the most I think. It's awesome what they can create. SO many different paintings than in Sims 2.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kid likes to "tinker" with their sim notes. I finally had to put some things on the computer just to rescue them from whatever was eventually going to happen to them!
Page 2 of 3