Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7351 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:06 PM
OP should update his poster. That would better way of finding the info about the recent pack that are scattered around through the pages.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#7352 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
OP should update his poster. That would better way of finding the info about the recent pack that are scattered around through the pages.
If I remember correctly they mentioned they don't care enough anymore to update it. You can try using this thread from the official forums. Infos get posted there immediately and it all gets sorted on the first few pages
Though I agree - Would probably be more convenient to have such a thread/post here as well because it can be bothersome to switch through different forums/websites.
Mad Poster
#7353 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:57 PM
Speaking of that would see really help on bringing that info onto the wiki (don't know the rest of the articles, but the wiki is really lacking content for TS4 side).

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7354 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:12 PM
The OP won’t be updating anything unless EA/Maxis/ Whomever gives me something worth uodating.

I used to love rewatching trailers and combing over images for content & gameplay, but EA has burned me out with their BS and I don’t get paid to engage with content I dislike, soooo...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#7355 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:17 PM
I understand. EA gets on my nerves too. Too bad I just can't forget about them nor the disaster they call "The Sims 4". Nothing personal to those who enjoy the game (which by no means you should or must).

Top Secret Researcher
#7356 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Just read through this thread. Some things that stood out to me:

- Hot Weather and Cold Weather are two new outfit categories like Sleep or Formal. People are worried it'll be really annoying with Laundry Day if Sims change their outfit all the time.
- It is confirmed a while ago we can buy the rink in build mode, but now it's also confirmed by this person that it also spawns in parts of the world (not lots, but actual parts of the world).
- Plants have seasons where they flower and produce fruits. Florist Table is like Wood Working Table.

I rather have this than having our custom clothes suddenly have to be batch tagged whether it's warm or cold tho.
Mad Poster
#7357 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:35 PM
Agreed. I don't even wanna think about how EA would attempt to decide for us which clothes are weather appropriate and which aren't. Especially with CC. For once, they're giving us a choice and I'm all for it.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#7358 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:37 PM
Yeah, kudos for splitting those two. Though, kinda sad there is no rainwear.

Forum Resident
#7359 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 6:10 PM
Two pictures of the season selector:

Quote:
- As soon as we enter cas and click to play, we can choose the season.
- When we choose the season, for example spring, we do not see the season ready immediately, only in the course of the game is that flowers bloom.
- That is, on the first day of the season, we still see remnants of the previous season… like trees still without leaves.
- The snow, although it has no depth, has texture, so apparently it does not have the same appearance as a field tincture.
Scholar
#7360 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 6:50 PM
So it looks like gradual seasons are still a thing even though they haven't advertised them at all. Interesting.

Or am I misinterpreting what they said there?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#7361 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 7:06 PM
"Choose a season to play in!"

I'm now confused. As far I heard worlds are confined to a specific season, so upon clicking one of the four would direct you to (a set of for that season) worlds to choose from ?

Forum Resident
#7362 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
So it looks like gradual seasons are still a thing even though they haven't advertised them at all. Interesting.

Or am I misinterpreting what they said there?
They said a few times season changes will be gradually, so you're not misinterpreting

"Choose a season to play in!"

I'm now confused. As far I heard worlds are confined to a specific season, so upon clicking one of the four would direct you to (a set of for that season) worlds to choose from ?
My guess is you can choose a starter season the first time you load a world.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7363 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 7:14 PM
They said a few times season changes will be gradually, so you're not misinterpreting

My guess is you can choose a starter season the first time you load a world.

And that is exactly what a guru said we can do. After that the rest of the seasons follow in their natural order

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#7364 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 7:54 PM
What if the world is confined to only summer, spring and fall? You will play the season you selected and then it will retunr to it's set season order? Or do all the worlds have all the seasons?
#7365 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 7:58 PM
I think all the worlds get all the seasons, and they are all equal length but you can choose what length that is

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#7366 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM
All worlds have all seasons, but some worlds have limits on temperature and weather. Selvadorada has Winter, but the temperature won't fall low enough for snow or freezing, on the other hand Summer will be hotter and there will be a lot more rain than most worlds. Typical of a jungle biome.
The "Choose the season to start with" thing that appears when you start a new game or load a pre-Seasons save is just what it says it is. It is a nice change from previous Seasons expansions where after you install it, the starting season is always Summer.
#7367 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:23 PM
Deligracy and friend are streaming from the game now https://www.twitch.tv/lilsimsie Don't know if it's Seasons or just the normal game.

Field Researcher
#7368 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
All worlds have all seasons, but some worlds have limits on temperature and weather. Selvadorada has Winter, but the temperature won't fall low enough for snow or freezing, on the other hand Summer will be hotter and there will be a lot more rain than most worlds. Typical of a jungle biome.
The "Choose the season to start with" thing that appears when you start a new game or load a pre-Seasons save is just what it says it is. It is a nice change from previous Seasons expansions where after you install it, the starting season is always Summer.

I liked in Riverblossom Hills in TS2, when you just go in hood in the order of the seasons, summer is absent. Maybe the developers also got tired of summer.
Instructor
#7369 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Deligracy and friend are streaming from the game now https://www.twitch.tv/lilsimsie Don't know if it's Seasons or just the normal game.

Looks like just a normal stream. I don't see any indication of seasons.
Mad Poster
#7370 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar

Aw really? That sucks. Realism be damned, I want my abnormal weather. I hope that doesn't mean it won't snow in Oasis Springs too.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#7371 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Not Seasons. No new categories in CAS and no new UI with temperatures/weather. (Why are they streaming from EA Play then though?)
Mad Poster
#7372 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:18 PM
Seems like a base game-- or at least items are filtered for base game. Still, doubt they have early access to Seasons.

Mad Poster
#7373 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:22 PM
(Why are they streaming from EA Play then though?)

Just for EA to have fans be distracted/entertained by something, especially when they-- probably the reason is what the "NEW EXPERIENCE" was meant to be. Or their plans got fold-- (brain fart from the vocabulary).... errhh or EA probably wanted to host something actually interesting but it failed or they had change in plans and had to quickly organize something so they had a pop simmer do a live stream to keep the fans entertained. You know, EA sometimes can be unpredictable.

P.S. doesn't the house remind of anything? That's so much how I see TS4 in general from my perspective. Candy glitter house still having that sadistic charm The Sims Series have with pixelated people trapped in it, lol.

P.S.S. Damn, I want those PLUMBOBS ;c *_*

Field Researcher
#7374 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
I'm on twitch right now....but I'm watching another streamer at the moment. Can't be bothered to get anymore involved with EAs bullshit this weekend.
Scholar
#7375 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:40 PM
Just for EA to have fans be distracted/entertained by something, especially when they-- probably the reason is what the "NEW EXPERIENCE" was meant to be.

Do you really believe that they work for EA and livestreaming according to their command?
Locked thread
Page 295 of 447