Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Gardening Mod v7b

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM by scumbumbo : Bugfix for Version 7 - Weeding Planters

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 173 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:16 AM
Thank you very much!!!
With all the time that it takes away, gardening is a hell!!
I miss the sprayers of TS3...
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
Might I suggest that instead of making it faster, that you perform the action once per plot and it affects all plants? I mean you weed and water a plot, not one plant in the plot .

Wonderful idea! This would be great!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:33 AM
Thank you. This will be great when I start gardening.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM
Danke schön!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:57 AM
What a life saver! I can't believe it takes so long to garden a few plants. Now it doesn't. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:20 PM
Thank you so so much, this will make my sims life a lot easier and allow her to spend more time with her family, thank you again! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:08 PM
Thanks! You would think watering a small garden wouldn't take longer than a painting XD.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:09 PM
Thank god for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM
Oh THANK GOD someone finally made this mod! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:38 PM
great mod thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
I am so happy to see this!! Thaaaaank you! This is the first gardening mod I've seen and I truly appreciate it.

(Now, if someone would only make a perfect plant mod, or at least one that allowed us to upload a perfect garden intact to our library, or even just a mod where we could plant from buydebug. . .)
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:05 PM
First, thank you so much for the mod. I read somewhere that EA intended for the gardeninig task to be less grueling once the Sim was able graph the different plants. But, I like simple gardens and this mod fits the bill. :lovestruc

One question, though. What is the purpose of the unpackedmod folder and the edit to the resource file? I put all my mods into separate folders and my game changing ones like this go into a folder called "Hacks". Does that change the name of the empty folder you advised making? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
I was hoping someone would make this, thank you! Also, frogs from the sky would be sort of nice. It would make collecting them much easier.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
I am so happy to see this!! Thaaaaank you! This is the first gardening mod I've seen and I truly appreciate it.

(Now, if someone would only make a perfect plant mod, or at least one that allowed us to upload a perfect garden intact to our library, or even just a mod where we could plant from buydebug. . .)

About uploading a garden on a lot, it don't happen in my game. All my lots that had gardens saved on it are wiped out when I use it from my library.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pooky213
One question, though. What is the purpose of the unpackedmod folder and the edit to the resource file? I put all my mods into separate folders and my game changing ones like this go into a folder called "Hacks". Does that change the name of the empty folder you advised making? Thanks!

I've found my answers! The mods did load from the "Hacks" folder. No problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM
Finally, someone with a sense of balance! Thank you. Now I can have more than one sorry rosebush!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 4:05 AM
OMG THANK YOU!! Seriously I don't know what EA was thinking with the length of time this task takes. I know I could end up spending hours taking care of a garden in meatspace but that doesn't mean I want to watch my sims do that!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:05 AM
Thank you! Really wanted this mod :)
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:52 PM
Is anyone aware if mods need updating for patches yet?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:45 PM
Gracias
Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:58 PM
I do not understand how to rename the ressource.cfg... I tried and now its a notepad thingy. Now I am scared I have messed up everything
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:55 PM
Awesome -- looking forward to having this in my game.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2

The new patch today enables a cheat to get into the "hidden items" area for things like the ponds and such -- I wonder if the plants might be in there as well? I'm planning to check it out next time in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:56 AM
There is a god. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:26 AM
I am unclear on the unpacked mods folder. My system wont let me create a folder inside the mods folder. And I am afraid to change the name of my cfg, can someone post a pic of what the cfg should look like when I edit it? This is just strange to me & I want the mod but dont want to do it wrong. The gardening takes wayyyyyy tooo long. Almost unusable, you have to give up an entire sim day.
Page 2 of 14