Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#24776 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 1:01 PM
Inge made some stairs with landings built into them. Would these help?

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Stairs.htm
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#24777 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I know you can't use The Great Divide barriers in apartment lots, but do using stages with stairs cause some sort of invisible break? I built a lot and used a stage tool for a split staircase, but I can't place anything upstairs because "Location out of bounds". But I can place things on the stage level. So is the stage level is ok, but not the second staircase upstairs.

I can't recall if I've ever done this in an apartment lot before. I know I've had stages and not had issues.

The Great Divide CAN be used - anything separated out by it is considered community property. So, use it constructively (This is how you can put back doors in your apartment lots - see most of my last apartment builds.)

The Stage/foundation tool, however, should be avoided. It really borks things. And, it is unpredictable...
If you look through the pictures of my Don's Duplex you'll see that I originally uploaded it with the split-level/staged stairs - it play-tested just fine! But, DL'ers had trouble playing it that way. The stage was the problem. I had to rebuild and swap it out with the spiral stairs. What a PITA! (You will also notice on that lot - the Great Divide is used on the second floor side porch because the spiral stairs to the roof were causing "apartment" problems even though that is definitely private property there! And it is also used outside the back sliding door - so that both apartments can 'share' the back yard and pool.)

Good Luck Have fun experimenting!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#24778 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:08 PM
Need an opinion. I want to replace the wings in my plantsim set, but I need a wilted version. Does this look appropriately ragged or does it look fake?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#24779 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:20 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 9th Sep 2020 at 5:06 PM.
Well, it's a townhouse and the bedrooms are all upstairs, so it does need to be included within the apartment. Even if I were to fully furnish the "communal" area upstairs in build mode before move-in, it really limits the usage. "Sorry kid, you have to sleep in the dining room because there's no more beds upstairs!"

Oh well. It's an easy enough redesign, but it doesn't look as nice.

I wish I'd known about using the Great Barrier for back doors before I'd designed the entire lot to not need one. Does the barrier have to be inside or outside, or does it not matter?
Forum Resident
#24780 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 6:09 PM
Lately a lot of my sims have been getting pregnant from risky woohoo, do you guys think this could be because of mod conflicts or just my luck?
Field Researcher
#24781 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Lately a lot of my sims have been getting pregnant from risky woohoo, do you guys think this could be because of mod conflicts or just my luck?

I can depend - I'm guessing that you are referring to ACR's risky woohoo?
I changed my percentage from 5% to 4%, which made a different.
Additionally, as I have an aging mod that affect the appropriate reduction of fertility (and I know I could do something about this using SimPE, only I am so incompetent with technology that I don't even think I have SimPE installed correctly), I modify fertility myself, giving different sims high or lower percentages and then reducing them.

When you have a sim in University or right at the beginning of adulthood with 72% fertility and a 5% risky woohoo, I found it was pretty common.
Forum Resident
#24782 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 6:20 PM
Quote:
It can depend - I'm guessing that you are referring to ACR's risky woohoo?

Nope, it's midge's mod. I've never used ACR's one bc it seemed inconsistent among sims and I like consistency. Though they were in Uni and young when they got pregnant, does their mod include that? It's been a while since I downloaded it
Field Researcher
#24783 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Nope, it's midge's mod. I've never used ACR's one bc it seemed inconsistent among sims and I like consistency. Though they were in Uni and young when they got pregnant, does their mod include that? It's been a while since I downloaded it

Are you using risky woohoo with birth control?

Because the normal risky woohoo odds are enormous - between 10-30% depending on where you are woohooing. So you'll have a lot of sims getting pregnant.

If you are using birth control, I believe it knocks it down, but I don't know to what. With Inteen, it's 2%.
So if everyone is getting pregnant, I recommend trying birth control!
Mad Poster
#24784 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 7:59 PM
...Does the barrier have to be inside or outside, or does it not matter?

If I'm using it for a communal back yard, I usually use it outside the door - like a welcome mat area - and fill in with a carpet. This way it doesn't mess with the sims routing when using the door. (If you put it inside, they might not 'see' the door) *silly sims*
I haven't done it myself, but I have seen the Great Divide used indoors to make common kitchen areas (etc) for cheap/down-on-your-luck type apartments too.
Have fun experimenting .
I've been known to have 4 or 5 copies of the same apartment in my lot bin, and just as many plunked down in the hood, all with different configurations, while testing to see what worked and what didn't. Especially with those stupid cars! Oi! What a PITA that was

and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#24785 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:15 PM
Why can't sims use the community showers on community lots? This is especially noticeable in my Uni gym where they will move from machine to machine instead of just going in and showering. Is it not enabled for use or something and I have somehow just forgotten that? The only place I have ever seen them work is on a vacation hotel site when they are made available in a public area.
Mad Poster
#24786 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 10:08 PM
The only thing sims can't do on community lots is sleep.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24787 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

Sure they can https://modthesims.info/d/241797/sl...lobal-hack.html

Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Why can't sims use the community showers on community lots? This is especially noticeable in my Uni gym where they will move from machine to machine instead of just going in and showering. Is it not enabled for use or something and I have somehow just forgotten that? The only place I have ever seen them work is on a vacation hotel site when they are made available in a public area.

My sims can. Might want to check your mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#24788 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 10:27 PM Last edited by Clashfan : 9th Sep 2020 at 10:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Thing is even when I make a sim selectable they don't have an option to use the shower. Weird.
Of course, they also work in dorms but it's been so long since I played one of those it didn't pop into my mind. The only bathing related hack I seem to have is one from Pescado called stinkydormies.fix. That is to make dormies use the shower in the first place. I'll take that out and see if it makes any difference.
I've only really noticed this since installing a fitness decay hack so some of my sims are spending more time in the gym.

EDIT: That is a TwoJeffs mod, not a Pescado mod. I've removed it I'll see if it makes a difference. I've been through everything and other than Bathroom Uses You, which is Pescado, I don't have a single mod relating to plumbing. "scratches head" Maybe I'll just go back to ignoring the stinky gym sims and leave it be.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24789 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The Great Divide CAN The Stage/foundation tool, however, should be avoided. It really borks things. And, it is unpredictable...
If you look through the pictures of my Don's Duplex you'll see that I originally uploaded it with the split-level/staged stairs - it play-tested just fine! But, DL'ers had trouble playing it that way. The stage was the problem. I had to rebuild and swap it out with the spiral stairs. What a PITA! (You will also notice on that lot - the Great Divide is used on the second floor side porch because the spiral stairs to the roof were causing "apartment" problems even though that is definitely private property there! And it is also used outside the back sliding door - so that both apartments can 'share' the back yard and pool.)

Good Luck Have fun experimenting!

It certainly is, it seems to depend on what stairs have been used and which direction it's facing as well as pure chance. In one of PB builds I turned into apartments in Coral Bay, 2 upstairs bedrooms are common ground and one isn't. It's very interesting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24790 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Thing is even when I make a sim selectable they don't have an option to use the shower. Weird.
Of course, they also work in dorms but it's been so long since I played one of those it didn't pop into my mind. The only bathing related hack I seem to have is one from Pescado called stinkydormies.fix. That is to make dormies use the shower in the first place. I'll take that out and see if it makes any difference.
I've only really noticed this since installing a fitness decay hack so some of my sims are spending more time in the gym.

EDIT: That is a TwoJeffs mod, not a Pescado mod. I've removed it I'll see if it makes a difference. I've been through everything and other than Bathroom Uses You, which is Pescado, I don't have a single mod relating to plumbing. "scratches head" Maybe I'll just go back to ignoring the stinky gym sims and leave it be.

This happens sometimes when the object gets stuck in use. Try replacing the showers.
Lab Assistant
#24791 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Inge made some stairs with landings built into them. Would these help?

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Stairs.htm

Maybe off topic but I'm so glad you linked these thank you very much. I kept searching on google for u-shaped and l-shaped stairs and getting sims 4 results, but I knew these had to exist already.
Mad Poster
#24792 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emeraldzephyr
Maybe off topic but I'm so glad you linked these thank you very much. I kept searching on google for u-shaped and l-shaped stairs and getting sims 4 results, but I knew these had to exist already.

Just be aware - they are not animated

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#24793 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 5:54 PM
Possibly the wrong spot for this question, but is anyone else not able to access allthehairs ? It keeps popping up as "403 Forbidden" and I'm hoping it's not something that's wrong on my end.
Mad Poster
#24794 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Possibly the wrong spot for this question, but is anyone else not able to access allthehairs ? It keeps popping up as "403 Forbidden" and I'm hoping it's not something that's wrong on my end.

I get the same thing. Not helpful, but at least you're not alone?
Forum Resident
#24795 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 6:21 PM
I have Pescado's noeatcrap. It's supposed to make sims talk less while eating (amongst other things). It seems like it's stopped working, and my sims talk so much that it takes hours to finish a meal. I ran the Hack Conflict and nothing comes up. Does this mean it's all in my imagination and it is still working? Or is it possible a mod can not work for reasons not caught by the Hack Conflict?
Forum Resident
#24796 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 6:45 PM
I have Pescado's noeatcrap. It's supposed to make sims talk less while eating (amongst other things). It seems like it's stopped working, and my sims talk so much that it takes hours to finish a meal. I ran the Hack Conflict and nothing comes up. Does this mean it's all in my imagination and it is still working? Or is it possible a mod can not work for reasons not caught by the Hack Conflict?

I can't offer an opinion regarding noeatcrap. I've always used CBOY's EatMoreTalkLess (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1301.0.html) instead. It pretty much does the same thing as noeatcrap and I've not noticed any issues with it.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#24797 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I get the same thing. Not helpful, but at least you're not alone?

Thanks for checking. Disappointing, but I'm glad it's not just me.
Scholar
#24798 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 7:00 PM

They only talk less if they are really hungry or have another need to fulfill desperately or they are standing up. Outside of that they still seem to talk endlessly especially if they are a slow eater with a high relationship with the other sim. I do notice it working even with my sim couple who are neat freaks. If they are super hungry they will quietly eat until their hunger bar gets more than halfway full then the conversation begins. It still takes them hours to eat but I just factor that into my game and yes I frequently yell at them to "shut up already".

I guess at this point I've used this mod so long I've just factored it into my gameplay. I think I might find it awfully quiet at mealtime if I switched.

Edit: hmmm although now that I just checked out that crammyboy mod I'm intrigued by the percentage of chance for sims to overeat. Tempting....
Inventor
#24799 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I can't offer an opinion regarding noeatcrap. I've always used CBOY's EatMoreTalkLess (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1301.0.html) instead. It pretty much does the same thing as noeatcrap and I've not noticed any issues with it.

I've been using a combo of Cyjon's noeatcrap and No Spoiled Food but I've been wanting that percentage chance for overeating. Does CBOY's mod stop sims from even attempting to eat spoiled food? I switched from Pescado's version to Cyjon's because I had sims who would still trek to a plate of spoiled food and attempt to eat it, even if the mod ultimately prevented them from consuming it.
Forum Resident
#24800 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 3:08 AM
The readme says only sloppy or starving Sims will attempt to eat spoiled food. My Sims don't get a lot of autonomy but I can't recall seeing any of them or visitors go there and then not eat it unless it actually spoiled as they were sitting down.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Page 992 of 1345