Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#24801 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 3:50 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Sep 2020 at 4:01 AM.
If your sims are talking too much to eat, try removing all the seating from the dining area. This should force the sims to eat standing up and they should not chat with each other while eating this way.

Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I've been through everything and other than Bathroom Uses You, which is Pescado, I don't have a single mod relating to plumbing. "scratches head" Maybe I'll just go back to ignoring the stinky gym sims and leave it be.

It may not be a plumbing-related mod that's causing the problem. I recently had a problem where one of CuriousB's terrain DRs was being over-ridden and the Maxis terrain was showing instead. I wasted a whole day going through all my neighborhood deco and DRs trying to find the conflict. I finally gave up and did the 50/50. The problem objects turned out to be the mirror and wall fountain from the EA Store's "Asian Fusion" set. What those things would have to do with a terrain default beats me, but it went back to working just fine once I pulled them out.

I don't remember the details, but other players have also reported weird conflicts between objects and/or mods that shouldn't have anything to do with each other.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#24802 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 11:53 AM
Oh yeah, I have a three day lycanthropy mod that conflicts with the surfing mod. How? Why? No idea!
Field Researcher
#24803 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 2:20 PM
Okay - So I was using the random apartment neighbour - no new mod. For a few months, it was exactly what I wanted.
Then, for whatever reason, it started doing the opposite - generating social group townies CONSTANTLY. Makes no sense, but I have now removed it.

Instead, I have Midge the Trees Apartment neighbour mod, which I am hoping will prevent the spawning of any more random social group sims.
I have notownieregen, etc.

Will this fix the problem?
Will all my apartment neighbours and roommates be from the already existing pool of townies/downtownies/social groups/npcs?
If I move in social group sims, this shouldn't cause anymore to respawn because of notownieregen, right?
Alchemist
#24804 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 4:04 AM
Coriel_Muroz, it depends. Do you have enough in your townie pool to begin with? Remember, townies won't live in multiple places so if your townies are already assigned somewhere (because you have a playable on the lot, and therefore they are the neighbors), they can't move in somewhere else. I think random apartment neighbors is supposed to clear flags, too, so that if your playables move out they can move in somewhere else. But maybe it's not doing that? Which mod are you using?

Otherwise, I'm not sure why the mod would stop working if that's not the case, unless there's a conflict somewhere. Or perhaps the mod is telling the game to only use certain group of townies so that when those groups are all taken, the game has to generate more, enough though another group can technically be used?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24805 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 6:09 AM
@Coriel_Moroz -I chose to go with no townie neighbors as my choice for controlling apartment neighbors and it's worked perfectly for me for years and I'm not afraid to use apartment lots because I no longer have to fear that somebody's going to get into a fight with another neighbor or with the landlord which used to happend with the noc neighbors and it ruined apartment play for me.

How am I supposed to get neighbors in my apartments now? answer is create new townies in CAS and move them into the apartment lots manually to have playable townie neighbors.
Mad Poster
#24806 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 6:34 AM
I don't really understand how that prevents your neighbors from getting into fights, though. AFAIK, the AI that runs the apartment neighbors doesn't care if those neighbors are townies or playables or whatever.
Field Researcher
#24807 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 11:19 AM
Someone asked for a copy of one of the neighborhoods I use. It's something I created years ago and the sc4 file looks nothing like the terrain now since I've modified it many times ingame. (I don't think I even have a copy of the sc4 file anymore). If I use Hood Replace to create a neighborhood that looks like it without a working sc4, will that be safe to give her? It would be totally unoccupied and never used. It's covered with cc and I'll have to explain that she needs to install that first but that's another issue. I don't think I've downloaded a neighborhood without a working sc4 file so I'm wondering if it's possible.
Scholar
#24808 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 12:41 PM
You don't need to include the sc4 file with the neighbourhood, it'll work just fine on your friend's computer without it. The .sc4 file is only used to initially create the neighbourhood, after that all the information that's needed by the neighbourhood is contained in the neighbourhood file.
Field Researcher
#24809 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You don't need to include the sc4 file with the neighbourhood, it'll work just fine on your friend's computer without it. The .sc4 file is only used to initially create the neighbourhood, after that all the information that's needed by the neighbourhood is contained in the neighbourhood file.
Thank you!!
Mad Poster
#24810 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:44 PM
Is there a way to refresh individual Bodyshop thumbnails? I've got a set of trousers where the thumbnail has a gap at the waist. I've since edited the mesh and fixed it, but I really don't want to have to delete the cigen.package and then have to regenerate every single thumbnail for every single piece of Bodyshop content just to get these seven thumbnails correct, I have way too much hair and makeup for that.
Lab Assistant
#24811 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:53 PM
I know in game you can do it with Ctrl and right click on the thumbnail, not sure if that works in Bodyshop too.
Mad Poster
#24812 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:11 PM
Unfortunately it does not. And refreshing it in game does not correct the thumbnails in Bodyshop either.
Mad Poster
#24813 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:30 PM
I think deleting cache files (cigen) is the only way for Bodyshop, unfortunately. Unless you make new recolor files.
Mad Poster
#24814 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:50 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 13th Sep 2020 at 10:48 AM.
Well I just opened the cigen.package in SimPE on my laptop to see what it looked like inside and really, it's just a bunch of image resources that are the Bodyshop thumbnails, so I think I'll try looking through them and deleting the ones for those trousers and see what happens. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and I have to either delete it entirely or restore from backup and live with half a dozen gappy thumbnails.

ETA: I experimented by exporting a thumbnail and turning it sideways before reimporting it, and it showed up sideways in Bodyshop. Then I deleted it entirely and Bodyshop regenerated it properly, so yay, it looks like that actually works! It's gonna be tedious going through all those pictures to find the ones I want to delete, but hopefully less tedious than regenerating them all over again.

ETA: It worked! I'm so happy! Now if I ever accidentally installed a repositoried outfit and don't have the main files and get a bunch of skinsuit thumbnails, I can just delete them and not have to regenerate 40,000 thumbnails!
Scholar
#24815 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 2:01 AM
Questions about missing graves:

I am playing Pleasantview. I purposely haven't been doing much with the Goth lot because of the graveyard there. I have only played it for about the last week because I temporarily moved Alexander in there. I never moved the whole family out (Mortimer was existing there without being played for a long time) or done anything to disturb the graves, but I just noticed that all of the graves are missing from the graveyard. If I use teleport on the Sim blender, I can summon the dead ancestors to the lot but it just says they have died on another lot. I have no idea where their graves might be.

Is my neighborhood totally borked? If not or if maybe, could I safely move out the family now and bulldoze this lot since there are no graves on it?
Mad Poster
#24816 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 2:08 AM
You can respawn the graves by...a method involving the testingcheats, the telporter, and maybe the batbox that I always have to reinvent because I can never remember it. The sequence is, summon sim, pause, make selectable, spawn item, unpause. That much I can remember and if I play around with it I can always get it to work eventually, at which point I forget again.

Anyhow, if the graves are prone to disappearing, the best thing to do is to either resurrect the sims (not recommended if using Pleasantview as shipped, which, y'know, is borked already so why worry about it except that resurrecting sims with incomplete or no data is likely to make things go really wonky really fast) or send them off to a community graveyard, where once you've placed the graves and saved they should never disappear again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#24817 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 2:27 AM
Do awnings actually protect sims from heatstroke or lightning strikes?
Mad Poster
#24818 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can respawn the graves by...a method involving the testingcheats, the telporter, and maybe the batbox that I always have to reinvent because I can never remember it. The sequence is, summon sim, pause, make selectable, spawn item, unpause. That much I can remember and if I play around with it I can always get it to work eventually, at which point I forget again.

Use mike_1102's "Urnstone Spawner". It doesn't require a lot of other objects and some of us find it easier to use.
https://modthesims.info/d/236885/th...d-09-28-08.html
Field Researcher
#24819 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:11 AM
Ok, totally stupid question. I have the holiday EPs but I've never actually played using them. I know there's a bunch of holiday clothes (Santa, Mrs Claus, elves, etc) but how do you get them to show up? Also, if I change the flag setting in SimPE, can they be used as regular clothing?
Mad Poster
#24820 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:18 AM
Ever since I installed that SP I've just had the Santa outfit available for regular adult everyday clothes, actually. I can't wait for the day when someone grows up in it.
Alchemist
#24821 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Do awnings actually protect sims from heatstroke or lightning strikes?

No, it doesn't.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#24822 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Ok, totally stupid question. I have the holiday EPs but I've never actually played using them. I know there's a bunch of holiday clothes (Santa, Mrs Claus, elves, etc) but how do you get them to show up? Also, if I change the flag setting in SimPE, can they be used as regular clothing?
I had to install a mod to hide them in my game so no idea why they don't show up for you.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
No, it doesn't.

Bummer. Decorative only, ok got it.
Alchemist
#24823 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:49 AM
Did anyone ever rename Bottom Summerdream? If so, what'd you name her? I'm thinking of shortening it to Bo. Not great, but it's a nod to the original name without being ridiculous, imo. (I wanted to come up with a name using only the original letters, but I'm drawing a blank.)

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24824 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:54 AM
Maybe she could be renamed Nickie? I personally don't plan to rename her in my uberhood, but I think that's what I'd pick if I were going to.
Scholar
#24825 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 6:18 PM
Does getting a drink from a bar in-game count towards lowering someone's temp? It's hooked to hunger I know but drinking from the juice keg will lower a temp but I've never noticed that with the bar.
Page 993 of 1347