Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#24926 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Not sure if it'll help, but did you see this...
This cheat was broken when Pets shipped - you could change the angle but it would not save with the lot. You must download and install the Pets Patch for it to save properly.

Copied from Sim Cheat Wiki Page

Thanks for the help. My game is patched so that isn't the issue. The tutorial I was following didn't have that CTRL, ALT, click info on it. I played around with it in-game trying to figure it out as Mac uses and "option" key instead of an "ALT" and I couldn't get it to work. It just seems to be all or nothing. It is very likely it's user error though so I will continue to fiddle to see if I can make it work.
Advertisement
Theorist
#24927 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 8:37 PM
So I have an issue with carpools and schoolbus on my farming lot.
They arrive on time but always leave one hour later even if the sim already gets in. At night, I have to move object the carpool because it won't leave though.
I tried everything with no luck even playing with little CC (506 Mo) and essential mods.
Any idea?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24928 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
They arrive on time but always leave one hour later even if the sim already gets in. At night, I have to move object the carpool because it won't leave though.
I tried everything with no luck even playing with little CC (506 Mo) and essential mods.
Any idea?

Have you checked the portals? https://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#24929 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:17 AM
This one is very stupid but are sims kind of racist towards aliens? Like, most normal sims who walkby and spot my alien sim they keep doing the "disgusted" interaction or outright showing them a thumbs down! It's apparently related to the chemistry system but is my alien sim simply ugly or do sims have a problem with aliens?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24930 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 4:30 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Sep 2020 at 5:49 AM.
Does anyone know how many creativity points a sim needs to paint the clown painting? I am trying to make a default painting set and he paints everything but that.

Answer it myself: Apparently it's 7!

Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974
This one is very stupid but are sims kind of racist towards aliens? Like, most normal sims who walkby and spot my alien sim they keep doing the "disgusted" interaction or outright showing them a thumbs down! It's apparently related to the chemistry system but is my alien sim simply ugly or do sims have a problem with aliens?

That would be from the alien sim having a bad reputation. Check his meter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#24931 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That would be from the alien sim having a bad reputation. Check his meter.

Okay, I'll try but where do I find the meter?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24932 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 5:09 PM
Okay, I'll try but where do I find the meter?
Test Subject
#24933 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 5:45 PM
I just reinstalled TS2 for the first time in years yesterday. I've been watching Pleasant Sims' play order videos are noticed she mentions using clean templates to prevent corruption. If I avoid actions that cause corruption will I be fine not using a clean template?

I don't really like some of the changes which have been made in the clean templates/don't understand all of them and I really don't want to mess up the stories of the pre-made families by using a clean template. I just want to play the game, I really don't care about doing things like ressurecting Bella Goth in Pleasantview or delete sims from the bin. I was only planning on playing with the pre-made families anyways.
Mad Poster
#24934 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 5:53 PM
I never installed the clean templates though I have tons of Mods and CC to avoid corruption and deleted Mrs Crumplebottom with a Mod that stops her from even spawning and banned other dangerous npcs from visiting community lots.I play with empty terrains and am playing the empty Strangetown terrain for my BACC in a town called Dodge set in the 1840's.I've been adding my own families to the town and making my own storyline for the town.I played the towns that shipped with the game just to learn about the game when I first started almost 15 years ago with the base game.
Lab Assistant
#24935 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Okay, thanks!

So I went and checked the reputation of both alien sims and both have a slight + reputation, with one of them being average cabbage and the other being amicable something. So are the alien sims simply too ugly for normal sims or do normal sims have a certain grudge against aliens?
Field Researcher
#24936 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 7:11 PM
Sims don't see a difference in alien Sims as far as I know.

The disgusted interaction could also be negative chemistry.
Scholar
#24937 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HurricaneFae
I just reinstalled TS2 for the first time in years yesterday. I've been watching Pleasant Sims' play order videos are noticed she mentions using clean templates to prevent corruption. If I avoid actions that cause corruption will I be fine not using a clean template?

I don't really like some of the changes which have been made in the clean templates/don't understand all of them and I really don't want to mess up the stories of the pre-made families by using a clean template. I just want to play the game, I really don't care about doing things like ressurecting Bella Goth in Pleasantview or delete sims from the bin. I was only planning on playing with the pre-made families anyways.

My understanding of it that the game comes corrupted. Are there things you can do to keep the corruption to a minimum, yes. If you just want to play have a bit of fun and are not particularly bothered that you may have corruption issues that go from minor annoyances to complete neighborhood collapse then I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't do anything crazy, don't delete any sims and install some of the mods that keep things from getting out of hand like notownieregen and so on. If it all goes haywire on you you can always just start the neighborhood over.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24938 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:17 PM
So are the alien sims simply too ugly for normal sims or do normal sims have a certain grudge against aliens?
Do they have any thought bubbles when they give him the thumbs down?
Scholar
#24939 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:26 PM
Okay, thanks!

So I went and checked the reputation of both alien sims and both have a slight + reputation, with one of them being average cabbage and the other being amicable something. So are the alien sims simply too ugly for normal sims or do normal sims have a certain grudge against aliens?

Do you have Tunaisafish attractions fix mod for aliens? It changes the broken turn on/off for custom hair to aliens. What you are describing sounds exactly like the interaction a sim does if they get near or pass someone they are turned off to. It might be a combination of that and the reputation, I don't know I don't play with AL so it's an aspect of the game I'm not familiar with. It might not even be the alien maybe they have a turnoff for black hair and are just reacting to that. In general, though aliens are just like any other sim, and skin tone is not something any sims react to at all.
Theorist
#24940 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you checked the portals? https://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html

@joandsarah77
Yes and I can't see what's wrong.

Mad Poster
#24941 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 26th Sep 2020 at 9:07 PM.
Any idea?

Have you checked batbox if there is "Remove stuck UFO" option? It was what helped me on same situation.
Forum Resident
#24942 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 9:46 PM
Is there a popular gay pairing for Kent Capp? He is apparently canonically gay, and I wanted to go by that, but I just can't find him a partner at all. I tried setting him up with townies, but that failed because they all had poor chemistry (and thus never fell in love bc of a mod I have), and also none of the townies is interesting enough to me to become playable, but there's like, no other male sim in Veronaville that could potentially be Kent's partner. The only other male with a preference towards males is Mercutio, but there is no way I am going through with that. I also don't really want him to stay single, either, because I really don't want to play a household that's just a single sim, and I don't really think he could be merged into any other household: Regan is running a business and already has kids, Goneril just had Miranda, her baby and girlfriend move in, he has no real connections to the Summerdreams to move in with either India's or Titania's household, there's no way Juliette's letting him move into the manor, and Bianca's also started a family already (and if her wife's LTW is anything to go by, there won't be any space for him in their house anyway). I would honestly consider making him into a townie, considering how he's pretty much expandable to the Capp family, but I've already had him max like two skills and a job, and I don't want all that to go to waste.

So yeah, tl;dr: Bald male in early 30s looking for single male in his area to possibly have a family with. Makes bank at lab. Can cook.
Theorist
#24943 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Is there a popular gay pairing for Kent Capp? He is apparently canonically gay, and I wanted to go by that, but I just can't find him a partner at all. I tried setting him up with townies, but that failed because they all had poor chemistry (and thus never fell in love bc of a mod I have), and also none of the townies is interesting enough to me to become playable, but there's like, no other male sim in Veronaville that could potentially be Kent's partner. The only other male with a preference towards males is Mercutio, but there is no way I am going through with that. I also don't really want him to stay single, either, because I really don't want to play a household that's just a single sim, and I don't really think he could be merged into any other household: Regan is running a business and already has kids, Goneril just had Miranda, her baby and girlfriend move in, he has no real connections to the Summerdreams to move in with either India's or Titania's household, there's no way Juliette's letting him move into the manor, and Bianca's also started a family already (and if her wife's LTW is anything to go by, there won't be any space for him in their house anyway). I would honestly consider making him into a townie, considering how he's pretty much expandable to the Capp family, but I've already had him max like two skills and a job, and I don't want all that to go to waste.

So yeah, tl;dr: Bald male in early 30s looking for single male in his area to possibly have a family with. Makes bank at lab. Can cook.

Have you tried usin the matchmaker?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24944 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:23 PM
@joandsarah77
Yes and I can't see what's wrong.

No I can't either.

Did you check the Batbox? Also check hood deco, one time I blocked a portal with a hood deco tree. Yep, that's a thing.

I guess after that it might be time to back up, remove CC and test.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#24945 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:38 PM

I second the suggestion for the matchmaker.
Do you use ACR and Visitor Controller? I have a lot (Lulu Lounge) that bans all straight Sims. Only gay or bi allowed. It's a great place for any of my single gay Sims to try to find a partner - just go to the club and scope room.

I love ACR for randomizing sexual orientation. I have far more gay/bi Sims now. Gives the playable ones more options.
Lab Assistant
#24946 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do they have any thought bubbles when they give him the thumbs down?

Yes, sometimes they show a bunch of red X's aswell.

Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Do you have Tunaisafish attractions fix mod for aliens? It changes the broken turn on/off for custom hair to aliens. What you are describing sounds exactly like the interaction a sim does if they get near or pass someone they are turned off to. It might be a combination of that and the reputation, I don't know I don't play with AL so it's an aspect of the game I'm not familiar with. It might not even be the alien maybe they have a turnoff for black hair and are just reacting to that. In general, though aliens are just like any other sim, and skin tone is not something any sims react to at all.

Yes I'm using this mod aswell, maybe that's what is going on.
___

Btw is there a way to make my sim stop rolling wants of flirting with his ex? He absolutely hates his ex because she cheated on him not once but twice and now both hate each other and both have bad chemistry, but still he won't stop rolling wants to flirt with her and also fears of having flirts and conversations rejected with her.
Theorist
#24947 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:31 AM
Btw is there a way to make my sim stop rolling wants of flirting with his ex? He absolutely hates his ex because she cheated on him not once but twice and now both hate each other and both have bad chemistry, but still he won't stop rolling wants to flirt with her and also fears of having flirts and conversations rejected with her.

Some guys are just gluttons for punishment. He can't live with her, but seems he can't live w/o her either :P
Mad Poster
#24948 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:02 AM

Be aware that the matchmaker will completely ignore sexual orientation. It's entirely possible that she will bring Kent a straight sim whether he wants one or not. I once had a very straight Armand Debateau hire the matchmaker several times. She just kept bringing him one lesbian after another.

TwoJeffs made the Find-A-Mate Crystal Ball because of this. You can choose sex and gender preference of your desired mate.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/99000/
Lab Assistant
#24949 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Some guys are just gluttons for punishment. He can't live with her, but seems he can't live w/o her either :P

Weird, he didn't even had a strong chemistry before to begin with, perharps he just enjoys being a cuck.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24950 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:26 AM
Yes, sometimes they show a bunch of red X's aswell.
I think that's likely an attraction thing (or repulsion rather), some outgoing sims can't help commenting on whether they find a sim attractive or not! Probably they have turn offs or personality/ star sign/ relationship score that clashes with him.
Page 998 of 1346