Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Playable Sim Becoming a Townie
Hi, I asked this question before, but didn't get any response. Does anybody know how or why a playable sim suddenly becomes a townie? I'd like to know so that maybe I can prevent it in the future if possible.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 7:32 AM
That sounds like corruption. I would make him playable and then run hood checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:02 AM
So like, the game suddenly thought the husband was a employee? (I read that first post where you explain it more detailed) Maybe you have a mod conflicting somewhere related to business and employees. If not, then it could be corruption like joandsarah77 says.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 8:18 AM
OK, I ran the hood checker and it shows that I have 9 characters in the neighborhood that have no character file at all and one sim that does not exist, but has a relationship w/a townie and a sim in the bin. Actually, I have several sims that do not exist and several who have a "invalid relationship w/self including one of my playable sims in another family and several townies and core characters like the social bunny. What should do? Should I just move everybody out and then into the bin and then move the houses into the bin? What about owned businesses? If I put the business into the bin, would it still be owned by the same sims if I put both the business and the owner sim into a new hood or should I just sell the businesses and start over in a new hood?
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Borja20
So like, the game suddenly thought the husband was a employee? (I read that first post where you explain it more detailed) Maybe you have a mod conflicting somewhere related to business and employees. If not, then it could be corruption like joandsarah77 says.

Yes. She was the one who suddenly could not interact w/anything at all. Both of them were selectable at that time. I have a hunch that if I would have taken him home, she would have become a townie. I took her home though and he became a townie.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
[What should do? Should I just move everybody out and then into the bin and then move the houses into the bin?

No, no, just use the option in the Hood Checker to delete all those things. Click the "Remove" button instead of the "Check" one.
Hopefully that will help and that problem will happen again. If it keeps happening, maybe sell the business, delete it and rebuild it?

Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
If I put the business into the bin, would it still be owned by the same sims if I put both the business and the owner sim into a new hood or should I just sell the businesses and start over in a new hood?

I don't think you will need to start a new hood, if this was the only serious bug you had. But if you do, don't put an owned business in the lot bin. You have to sell it first. Also don't bring your families to the new hood! That will corrupt it. You would have to extract their appearance and create a new Sims in the new hood.
If you didn't yet, you should read the article about corruption in the wiki:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 9:32 PM
Thanks much!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 11:06 PM
Why are you wanting to move things into the bins? You can't do anything with them in there. You were not thinking of deleting sims or moving them to a new hood, were you? You can't do that it causes corruption to both the old and the new hood. If this is what you have done before, this is why your sim became a townie. Never delete sims though the bin and Never move sims between main hoods.

Just run hood checker as you did and select remove then see how the game plays. You may also need to do some fixing in simPE.

Also if you extract sims you must then open Body Shop and clone them as well. Delete the extracted sim in Body Shop and use the clone in your new hood. If you don't clone them they come buggy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 6:46 AM
Thanks Joanandsarah! I was thinking about moving them to a new hood, but Borja20 did explain that this causes corruption. The hood that I'm playing now is brand new w/brand new sims. No transferring. I haven't run the business in question yet, but will when I get back to that family.

I do have another problem though. One of my teens in my full household (8) can't sleep in a bed. This is even after the hood checker was run and I removed all of the problem files w/it. All of the other family members can sleep in beds, just not the last one, at least not the last teen. I do have enough beds for everybody.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 10:33 AM
That's a weird one. Again, check if you have any hack that can affect that.
Also, if you tell them to sleep in a double bed with someone else already sleeping, they will refuse unless they have a very good relationship. If it isn't that, maybe a problem with that bed only, just sell and buy again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 10th Aug 2020 at 9:41 PM.
I'll try w/another family member. As for the bed problem, it happens w/all beds. I'll try removing the mods that I think may interfere.

I found Sim Logical's mod, but it looks like it only goes up to NL? I have everything so I don't know if it will work or not.