Replies: 329 (Who?), Viewed: 77473 times. | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Closed for judging.
Page 11 of 14
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:12 PM
Whoah, a lot of contestants have entered their entries, and so many are just amazing! Fyendiar's, Gail.wyness', Sulyuki's, Feldynn's, and so many others. Man, I don't even know if I should bother entering mine... Oh well, the thing's fully built already, so might as well. I'm gonna make some last minute touch-ups and upload it here before it's too late!

Sulyuki, if that's what you can build when you don't know what you're doing, then I'm very, very afraid of what you might build when you do know what you're doing!
Mad Poster
#252 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:18 PM
Wonderful entries everyone!
I've not got mine done yet. In fact I only really started yesterday and am still making stuff up as I go along. Hopefully I will get it in by the end of today.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
#253 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:19 PM
I agree BGatot that's a fabulous entry Sulyuki. One of my favorites. Which I have many.

And Feldynn I definitely love yours as well.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#254 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:31 PM
I am for the first time since I finished school feeling what it's like to work with a deadline, lol. Hate it

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#255 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:32 PM
I've been waiting to see yours Kaospilot since I loved your first 2 entries so well lol

Top Secret Researcher
#256 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:38 PM Last edited by Kaospilot : 4th Aug 2010 at 3:56 PM.
Ah don't get your hopes up :/

(Edit: Half my post didn't show up for some reason )

I'm not one who comes up with fancy cool themes, just build everyday sims houses. But I'm really glad you like them both I'll post it up tomorrow I think.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Alchemist
#257 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:15 PM
Default R3 - Villa di città
For the R3 my entry is a very elegant and luxurious villa, in a subtle modern and classical way.
The Villa lies in a quiet and popular zone but also near to the downtown.
In my game this building is home of the private study of Jerome Stone, a private investigator and it's designed for a single or a couple.

Ground floor: entrance hall with large open spaces and living room (very comfortable place when at the end of the day J. Stone finally sit in front of the TV and the fire is warming the night), kitchen with another fireplace, bathroom). The study has its own entrance.

Upstairs: bedroom with fireplace (another very warm room, expecially when J. Stone has someone spending the time together ... playing guitar, what did you think?), large bathroom and stairs to the fitness room (and I can't believe how cool it is!)

Lovely pool built a level down from the garden, with a relaxing area. Another conversation area in the meadow.
Stone balconies all over the house.
Alarms in discrete points.

NO CCs, only Store contents, mostly free.

... I will enjoy this hours of testing before starting the R4.

Street view

Kitchen

Bedroom

Hall

Living area

one bathroom

Study

Fitness room

Plan 1

Plan 2

Plan 3

Plan 4
Inventor
#258 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaospilot
I'm not one who comes up with fancy cool themes, just build everyday sims houses. But I'm really glad you like them both I'll post it up tomorrow I think.

Don't feel bad mine aren't fancy themey either lol

Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#259 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:38 PM
I agree with Greenlea. Definitely waiting to see what you come up with.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 6:20 PM
Well i just finished. I took pictures (Thank God i did), went to save and the game closed.. There goes most of my work . I hate you EA and that has been at least the 8th time i said that today. I hope everyone is having better luck than i am with my game.
Field Researcher
#261 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 6:26 PM
I wonder, can I upload the house too if I really like it?

Because I'm gonna design one and maybe upload it as my first creation
Test Subject
#262 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 6:52 PM
Squash ~
A long long time ago, a partially (or totally, no one really knows) insane inventor lived in this large, Florentine mansion. After causing much trouble to Sunset Vally (including making it rain chocolate) the inventor strangely vanished one day, leaving behind his house, his work, and about 200,000 similions worth of the finest nectar. It's still a complete mystery where he went off to, but the strange, deep hole in the middle of the rose garden has nothing to do with it, of course not. nope. no chance. Believing the inventor dead, the Sunset Vally Council of Llamas made the executive decision to fix up the house and re-sell it. After removing a few dangerous inventions and the 76 pounds of jelly beans that were found in the sofa, this mansion is up for sale to any sim who has enough money. Fully furnished, It costs 209,040 similions (not counting the collection of fine nectar) This house has three bedrooms and three full bathrooms, a large rose garden, open-air walkway, fine dining room, large kitchen, observatory, art room, and inventing corner.

Main floor (open-air walkway, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom)

Second floor: (three bedrooms, two bathrooms, art room, invention corner)

Third Floor: (observatory - connected to one of the bedrooms on the 2nd floor)

Bedrooms:

Kitchen:

Living room:

Dining room:

View from backyard rose garden:

-This house has no custom content-

comments: Wow. This was one fun house to make. I've never built in this style before, and it was quite the learning experience! My favorite part of this house is the roof. Definitely the awesome-sauce roof, which is how the house got its name Squash. Because the roof reminds me of squash. Kind of silly, but true. Squash. I like that word I'm so glad I got this done in time! (I was stressing out about it all night -.-) Everyone else's houses look awesome! I have some tough competition here! Good luck everyone!
Inventor
#263 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:04 PM
Oh, gawd I hope I get my entry in on time.
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:29 PM Last edited by NickelNicole12 : 5th Aug 2010 at 4:40 PM. Reason: No CC
No CC

This home was built in 1842 by an Italian Architect named Antonio Valente. He was inspired by many different types of architectures and villas from Rome and Spain. He was into Gods and Goddesses especially of water, so you'll notice many statues along the house. The house is filled with warm brown colors and decorated lavishly. There are tons of flowers and plants planted along the house to give it a tropical and warm feel. You'll be stunned and amazed when you pull up to the house to see its beauty.

Floorplans

The living room/Foyer

The kitchen

Dining Room

Master Bedroom

View from the back

Lab Assistant
#265 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:28 PM
Hey I'm going to have to drop out completely....my life sucks right now so I'm low on inspiration and I'm super busy besides
It was amazing being part of it though! Good luck to everyone, your entries look great!
Lab Assistant
#266 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Cloudburst : 6th Aug 2010 at 9:06 AM.
Default Witherfield House
Witherfield house was built in the eighteenth century as a church complex, but after years of abandonment went to ruin making the main portion of the house entirety uninhabitable.
However, in this changed when in 1958, when Charles and Marilyn Grimblepennny took the challenge of renovating the house. The main living space had to be almost entirely rebuilt, save the chimney, whose fireplace is now blocked up, and the belfry which is no longer accessible. The chapel and it's adjoining rooms (which were converted to a guest suite), as well as what is now the laundry room at the back didn't need restoration and so remained as they were when they were first built.

Features:
-Living Room
-Kitchen
-Dining Room
-Study
-Master Bedroom
-Two other bedrooms
-Two main bathrooms

-Lowered walkway
-Chapel
-Graveyard (can't be seen too well in the screenshots but it's there)
-Pond (with bridge)

No CC used, just some store content and Ambitions content

Front View:

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Master Bedroom (+Nursery):

Bedroom Two:

Back View:

Another Back View:

Floor One:

Floor Two:

Top View:

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Inventor
#267 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:37 PM
I am stunned Cloudburst. That was one where I gasped lol That is amazing. Great work!

Forum Resident
#268 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:42 PM
Wonderful job, Cloudburst. I am fairly salivating over the curtains you used. Where'd you get them? They're not part of the game or its expansions, so did they come from the store?

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:53 PM
Thanks Greenlea! :D
LifesLover Haha thanks as well, yeah I think the curtains come from the Faire Folk set at the store.

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Forum Resident
#270 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudburst
Thanks Greenlea! :D
LifesLover Haha thanks as well, yeah I think the curtains come from the Faire Folk set at the store.

Thanks for replying! Now I'm in a conundrum, because I hate buying from the store, but I do so like those curtains.

The other one
#271 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Gast
Oh, gawd I hope I get my entry in on time.

Same So far I have the shell complete, half of the landscaping (which I have no plan for, just making up as I go along ), a bedroom and a bathroom.... I have sooooo much left to do and then take photos and make a gif all while lookin after a baby and nremembering to eat and pee etc I might even have to ask HP for a half day extension if I don't get it sorted. God, I hate this round, it's not been fun like the other two, just stressful but I've worked so hard there's no way I'm giving up if I can help it!!

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#272 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:33 PM
It seems a lot of folks are having trouble with this round - personal stuff, frustration with their entries - I'm not sure it hits the "20% asking for an extension" that I put forth initially but... I don't think many people would have a huge fit if we extended this round by 24 hours, would they?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#273 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missroxor
Same So far I have the shell complete, half of the landscaping (which I have no plan for, just making up as I go along ), a bedroom and a bathroom.... I have sooooo much left to do and then take photos and make a gif all while lookin after a baby and nremembering to eat and pee etc I might even have to ask HP for a half day extension if I don't get it sorted. God, I hate this round, it's not been fun like the other two, just stressful but I've worked so hard there's no way I'm giving up if I can help it!!

Yeah, I've been having so much trouble with this round and I'm not even busy like everyone else seems to be. I've got the shell and have just started the interior decorating, but I've barely begun CAST-ing everything and I have absolutely not exterior landscaping. It's definitely been a lot more stressful this round.

I know that I, at least, would appreciate the extra time, HP, but I don't feel exactly right taking it since there have been plenty of people who were able to work within the time limit, even with obstacles.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#274 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:43 PM
Well, I'm fine with giving an extension. I've been sick and not really on the computer very much, comparatively, the past few days - an extra day would give me time to feel better before the next round rush, and time for you guys to finish up your stuff. I still have a few judge comments I need to send out - I'll do those ASAP (I gotta go to bed though, my head hurts). +24 hours! (no i haven't changed the countdown, i'll do that in the morning too)
The other one
#275 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesLover
I know that I, at least, would appreciate the extra time, HP, but I don't feel exactly right taking it since there have been plenty of people who were able to work within the time limit, even with obstacles.

Same. I get the feeling in 11 hours time I will desperately want the extension though Is it possible to still issue the 4th foundation so that those who are ready to start can but those that need an extra day can hand theirs in late?
Edit: beat me to it

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller

Page 11 of 14