Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 33471 times.
Page 2 of 2
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:58 AM
Well, the staff member who does the mods area is experienced in creating their own mods - and if you see something that you think is broken, let the creator know by posting in their thread to tell them what part is busted. Just as with anything - mods, objects, whatever, it's possible to do it wrong. Everyone's still learning. And if we get a bunch of dumb noobs uploading broken updates, we can see if we need to change things to stop that. Right now, it's not an issue - the couple updated things we've seen don't seem to have any major problems, judging by the lack of "omg its broke fix it fix it!" on the threads.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#27 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:23 PM
Well, if that happens we'll likely end up with 1.17 updates which aren't updated for, say, 1.19 - which isn't much worse than having 1.12 mods which aren't updated for 1.17, as is the case when a modder is taken away by RL or otherwise decides not to update their mod.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 4:06 AM
I want ask this. I already got a permission from the author about releasing the updated 1.17/LN mods which I posted in her original thread (later got deleted by moderator due to new filesharing policy). Now I have asked her permission for me to make a new thread for the updated mods, but she haven't answered yet (she last active on 22 Nov, I think she is busy with the RL). The question is can I make a new thread for the updated mods now or do I have to wait for her answer? I don't mind to wait. Thank you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:03 AM
anak_ponti - Depends on what she said in her original permission - if she just said, "Sure, go ahead and put up your updated version, I don't mind," or something like that, you can post it as a new thread and just state you have permission.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#30 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:21 PM Last edited by porkypine : 18th Dec 2010 at 10:37 PM.
I've always LOVED Macarossi's gorgeous garden plants for TS2! TS3 sorely lacks a lot of plant variety so I've been learning TS3 meshing by converting Macarossi's meshes to TS3 so I can decorate my TS3 lots. I'd like to upload them here. Macarossi hasn't logged in for a very long time. While conversions are not specifically mentioned in Macarossi's policies, I think uploading the conversions here would be ok. Can a MOD confirm this for me? Thanks!

I am ambitious and busy trying my hand at converting his entire plant collection.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:34 PM
So long as Macarossi's policy doesn't forbid conversions, and he hasn't logged in in the past six months, then yes, that's fine, you can upload.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#32 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:36 PM
Thanks! (I've always wondered if Macarossi was a he or a she.) I have big -plans for winter break.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#33 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:42 PM
Oh, I have no idea, I just guess genders .

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#34 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:41 PM
Well.. Porky here is a rotund, female-type creator. minus-prickly aspects.
Page 2 of 2