Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:42 PM
Default LTA Permaplat and what to do about it
Playing a Wants-Based style game, into the younger generations, I'm having Sims graduating University and achieving LTA Permaplat status.

It's boring when all my Sims are platinum. It's boring when it happens so early in their lives. To be honest, I think if young people achieved this state of happiness so young in the real world, it would lead to depression.

So I am trying to figure out what my options are.
I've downloaded No LTA Permaplat - doesn't seem to work. I knocked a sim back to gold, and when the clock rolled over to the next hour, she was back up at Platinum. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here - or I need to do something else - advice would be helpful.

Other options I've seen
- Slower gain mods look lovely, and I'd like to have them, but they don't solve the end result of the sim being constantly platinum
- Sim Enhancer ?? Something that is simpler than SimPE to reduce the LTA points
- SimPE (which I am hopeless with. I would need concrete tutorials from how to download it, and every step of the way)

Or I could get fragile Permaplat mod? And then torture my sim using cheats to fulfill fears until their meter is down to a reasonable level?

What can I do? What am I doing wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 3:01 PM
I did look at Cyjon mods. If you combine his slower LTA gain and fragile permaplat, your sims will not get permaplat before mid-adult or elderly. And why not let the elders be a permaplat, they will get nicer gravestones.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I did look at Cyjon mods. If you combine his slower LTA gain and fragile permaplat, your sims will not get permaplat before mid-adult or elderly. And why not let the elders be a permaplat, they will get nicer gravestones.

I was using this - and maybe it will work for the teens and younger generations, but unfortunately it doesn't help with the 30 and 40 year olds who have already achieved it.

Elders I don't mind having it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 3:14 PM
There is Sim Manipulator https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator
what might change existing LTA.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 3:41 PM
The Sim Manipulator works!! I removed the permaplatinum. I can give it back to her when she's an elder

Thank you!

Now I can also put back in the mods to slow down gain in the hopes that the younger generation won't max out before they are elders themselves.

This makes me so happy and will improve my game-playing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:36 PM
What do you mean that no LTA permaplat didn't work? Did you unset the bit with the lot debugger? I don't know if just changing the aspiration level will actually do that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
What do you mean that no LTA permaplat didn't work? Did you unset the bit with the lot debugger? I don't know if just changing the aspiration level will actually do that.

Ah, no I did not reset it with the lot debugger. Thank you - I knew I missed something. should have put this in the help section cause.

I will try that if the Sim Manipulator doesn't continue to work.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:42 PM
I don't know what you did with the Sim Manipulator, but if you don't have No LTA Permaplat the sim will just go permaplat from LTA again an hour later. It might take longer if you removed LTA points, but they'll gain them back again eventually and then go permaplat again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I don't know what you did with the Sim Manipulator, but if you don't have No LTA Permaplat the sim will just go permaplat from LTA again an hour later. It might take longer if you removed LTA points, but they'll gain them back again eventually and then go permaplat again.

I have your mod - No LTA PermaPlat and used the Sim Manipulator to toggle off LTA PermaPlat. Together, my sim is now gaining and losing aspiration as a normal sim.

It was the toggling off that I hadn't done in the first place.

Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for this wonderful mod And for taking the time to explain to me what I was doing wrong.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 11:06 PM
I like Fragile permplat, nearly all my sims loose it at some stage and I don't have to do anything it seems to make it trigger.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
There is Sim Manipulator https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator
what might change existing LTA.

Can someone explain to me how to use the sim manipulator to turn permaplat off? I tried to figure it out on my own but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I only have the object model, not the sim or destination nodels.

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."