Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Hidden Lot Entrances

by Snaitf Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:45 PM - Updated 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM by Snaitf

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abagail
Please do not laugh at me, I have not made any items for the Sims 3 or 4.
Where would I find the resource.cfg file and could you write it out here the way it needs to be written. I can not even find the tree in my game. Whaaaa!!!! I feel like a dummy.Also once you have the folder in our mod directory we place the down loaded file in that folder??? I will check back here tomorrow to see your answer. Thank you in advance,

Ok, your mods folder is going to be located at \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
In that folder, there is a file called resource.cfg
Open resource.cfg in a text editor, like notepad
At the bottom of the file, under all the other text, add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" (without the quotes)
Save the file (just save, not save as)

Next, create a new folder called "unpackedmod" (without the quotes)
That folder stays empty, it just needs to be there.

Now, when you download a mod, it will have either .package files or .py files inside.
If it has .py files inside than it's a script mod, just place the .zip in your mods folder without extracting it.
If it has .package files inside, then extract the .zip file and place the .package files into your mods folder.

Note: You need to enable script mods in the game to get script mods to work.

Note: Your resource.cfg file should look something like this:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Field Researcher
#27 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM
Isee only ....scriptcall error .. wen Iplace this? what Ido wrong?
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiny0190
Isee only ....scriptcall error .. wen Iplace this? what Ido wrong?

See the post right above yours...
Field Researcher
#29 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:57 PM
I do all of this!! but it says scriptcall error
Field Researcher
#30 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:00 PM
I do all of that!..all my mods work but this keep says scriptcall error! ..sorry for my bad English
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:04 PM
Thank you :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:01 PM
Thank you so much for your help, Once I saw it written out I understood. Now one more thing please if you do not mind. Where in game do I enable script mods in the game to get script mods to work.Is that the window that pops up to show you the CC is there and enabled?? I am so sorry for being a pain. I so appreciate you so much.
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abagail
Thank you so much for your help, Once I saw it written out I understood. Now one more thing please if you do not mind. Where in game do I enable script mods in the game to get script mods to work.Is that the window that pops up to show you the CC is there and enabled?? I am so sorry for being a pain. I so appreciate you so much.

It's in the options, I believe in the Other Options part, look under the button that says Show Installed Mods, or something to that affect.
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:27 PM
Default Reply
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
It's in the options, I believe in the Other Options part, look under the button that says Show Installed Mods, or something to that affect.

After I got the folders all set up I downloaded your file and put it into my Mods Folder and I looked for the tree and tried the unopened one and I did get it into one of the main parks and my Sim was able to open the tree entrance and entered and went into this world where most things were pink and she fished and found some frogs and looked at some plants and took samples. I did not find any thing else unless I missed some thing, So seems to be working fine, I did not have to do any thing else. I did not have to enable any thing. unless I am missing some thing in the world game play. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 3:22 PM
i had no idea there were hidden lots, thank you!
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:26 PM
When I try to return home from Sylvan Glade with this buyable tree, the game crashes
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DracoArgentum
When I try to return home from Sylvan Glade with this buyable tree, the game crashes

I'm sorry that your game is crashing, but I'm not sure how these could be causing it. There is nothing in these that alters the return home interactions. In fact, these are only used to travel TO the hidden lots, traveling home is handled by a completely different set of files. This may sound like a stupid question, but have you tried resetting your computer? I have found that a lot of crashing/hanging problems can be solved by a simple reboot. If that doesn't help, than I'm sorry, but I don't know what could causing your issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:21 PM
I used your Mod in a creation :3
project: Pixie Sanctuary
Sims 4 Library ID: JoMarFam
Thank you for the awesome mods!!! <3
Chrystia
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 5:05 PM
Snaitf!!!!!!!!! :) tyvm!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:56 AM
Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 3:22 AM
Thank you so much for this. Works great with no bugs in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 2:05 AM
This is an amazing mod and I love all the downloadable objects that are out in the game because of it and others like it. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 5:25 AM
Can you tell me where I find it?
Test Subject
#44 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 8:00 PM
Can you make one for the hermit's entrance in OR? These work great, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:30 AM
)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 10:04 AM
working wonderfully thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 2:05 AM
THANKIES!!!