Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 8:38 PM Last edited by dimyl : 24th Oct 2020 at 9:08 PM. Reason: bad English
Hello everybody,

Sorry about my bad english. I am Turkish, so it is not so good.

First off all; I become insane because of this 4gb pach too. I tried eveything and read everything in almost all sims 2 forums about this. And it didin't work. My memory in log allways said 1024 MB. But I fix this like 4 seconds ago. I am not an expert but maybe my solution can help you too. And it is very easy.

Answer: I was launching my game with wrong way!

No. It is not a joke.

I take my Sims2EP9.exe from TSBin to my deskop. Applied 4gb pach again and again and again... In the end put it back to TSBin. And take a look to my short cut at Deskop for some reason that I don't know. (Right click to short cut > show file location) My file location is TSBin but my launch file is Sims2Launcher.exe !! I create a short cut from Sims2EP9.exe and launch with it. It worked. This is my log right now:

Log generated on 10/24/2020, 22:09

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 3628.800048Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB
User: Asus
Computer: DESKTOP-0445DJ6

I hope this will help you too.

Sorry for my bad English again.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#327 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:30 PM
4GB Patch has to be applied on Sims2EP9.exe (or another executable if you don't own M&G Patck) after you move it to your desktop. It will not work while the file is in Program Files, as the patch will be blocked.
Scholar
#328 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dimyl
Hello everybody,

First off all; I become insane because of this 4gb pach too. I tried eveything and read everything in almost all sims 2 forums about this. And it didin't work. My memory in log allways said 1024 MB. But I fix this like 4 seconds ago. I am not an expert but maybe my solution can help you too. And it is very easy.

No. It is not a joke.

I take my Sims2EP9.exe from TSBin to my deskop. Applied 4gb pach again and again and again... In the end put it back to TSBin. And take a look to my short cut at Deskop for some reason that I don't know. (Right click to short cut > show file location) My file location is TSBin but my launch file is Sims2Launcher.exe !! I create a short cut from Sims2EP9.exe and launch with it. It worked. This is my log right now:

=== Application info ===
=== Machine info ===

So, are you saying you did more than one application of the patch to the shortcut on your desktop ?

I followed all of the steps after downloading the patch and cannot get further than 2049 memory.

Does it help to cut and copy the patch more than once to the shortcut from the CSBin in the latest expansion pack in the C/(x86) EA Games file folder ?

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#329 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 2:54 PM
Hi There!

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been asked and resolved! After watching Jessa's video, I applied the 4GB patch to my Sims2EP9.exe, loaded my game, quit my game and then checked my log file to which is said:

Free memory: 2696MB

I then tried the "cutting and pasting" method from the TSBin to CSBin but then when I updated my shortcuts and tried to load the game, this message appeared:

Did this happen for anyone else? How can I open the game now?

(I use Ultimate Collection and I also have the Graphic Rules Maker applied)
Scholar
#330 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VirginiaBluebell
Hi There!

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been asked and resolved! After watching Jessa's video, I applied the 4GB patch to my Sims2EP9.exe, loaded my game, quit my game and then checked my log file to which is said:

Free memory: 2696MB

I then tried the "cutting and pasting" method from the TSBin to CSBin but then when I updated my shortcuts and tried to load the game, this message appeared:

Did this happen for anyone else? How can I open the game now?

(I use Ultimate Collection and I also have the Graphic Rules Maker applied)

I hope you can get some help for your game issue.
At least you are at 2696 ; I cannot get higher than 2048 no matter what I do.
I can however play the game.

I dragged the launcher from my EP9 which is Mansion & Garden, and from the CSBin shortcut on my desktop I reinstalled the 4GB patch.
This is after I cut and pasted from the TSBin to the CSBin in the C/Programsx86 folder where the game is installed.
It went from 1046 to 2048 and although I want to get to the 4096 I can still play and there's less crashing.

You might want to undo the previous steps and try to reinstall the fixes from a game shortcut on your desktop.
Then start the game from the shortcut on your desktop ?
Hope you can get some answers !

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#331 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dimyl
Hello everybody,

No. It is not a joke.

=== Application info ===
=== Machine info ===

I am going to try to reapply the patch to the shortcut on my desktop from the TSBin (that I pasted to the CSBin) and is now sitting on my desktop.
You did not apply the patch to the Sims2exe._Launcher, correct ?
Just the shortcut you pulled from the CSBin in EP9 ?
I am still at 2048.
Will keep re-applying it to the shortcut and see if that works.
Thanks.

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#332 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 1:41 PM
I have another problem with my exe.files (?) Because they don't look as they should. I have the disc version (in swedish - the different looking file is mansion and garden stuff!)

What should I do? Nothing works and i suspect its because my files doesnt look as they should.

Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
I am going to try to reapply the patch to the shortcut on my desktop from the TSBin (that I pasted to the CSBin) and is now sitting on my desktop.
I am still at 2048.
Thanks.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#334 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:19 PM
^ It's still the "Sims2EP9.EXE" file you want to fix (the .EXE part is hidden). That's the same name for all languages.

The other one in Swedish is just a shortcut, that's not the one you want.
Test Subject
#335 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 9:59 PM Last edited by dimyl : 25th Feb 2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
I am still at 2048.
Thanks.

Hello Tleilaxu3,

I am so sorry for very late reply.

Yes, I applied my Sims2.exe launcher but it wasn't work for me. So my steps are:

1 - I am using CD version. When I install M&G, game create a launcer. That launcher has a very big play button and it shows which stuffs and packs I have. I am not sure, if it is same with ultimate collection. But that launcer was my problem. Game cannot see 4gb patch because of launcer.

2 - First I applied Graphics Rules Maker. Link is here It is very easy to use

3 - I cut my Sims2EP9.exe from Tsbin and paste my deskop. And apply 4gb patch

4 - I cut my Sims2EP9.exe (which I applied 4gb patch) from deskop and paste back Tsbin.

5 - I deleted my deskop launcher. From my deskop, I didn't delete ist from my Tsbin.

6 - I create a short cut from my Sims2EP9.exe in Tsbin. I cut and paste that shortcut to my deskop.

(Optional) - Delete extra EA Games folder in Virtual disc. This is something I discover very late. My game broke because of H&M and Kitchen and Bath stuff. I uninstall the game but cannot install again. That's the time I find this way.

So if you are using Windows7 or upper, it create a copy of Sims 2 in a virtual disc. Go to your C: driver. search for name EA Games. If it will find multiple EA Games folder, you may have the same problem. One of EA Games folder should be at like this direction: C:Windows/.../AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Programfiles. Take a back up. And delete everything in it. It will refresh your game, when you next time enter in it. IDK if it helps or not, but as I find out, It does not give a harm.

Please let me know If this steps help you or not.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#336 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:10 PM
You're supposed to the fix on your "Sims2EP9.EXE" file.
Not the file for the Launcher.

You don't need the Launcher - when you've applied the fix to the "Sims2EP9.EXE" file, you can make a shortcut directly to this file (right-click, make shortcut, it will save the shortcut on your desktop). This bypasses the launcher, and you'll skip the launcher when you go play your game.

I don't know if the UC still has a launcher, but I can't see the launcher EXE, so I don't think it's there. If it was there, it's one of the first things I'd bypass. I know my CD games had it, and I hated the thing. I haven't used the Launcher since maybe 2007 or thereabout, ever since I figured out how easy it was to bypass.
Test Subject
#337 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You're supposed to the fix on your "Sims2EP9.EXE" file.
Not the file for the Launcher.

You don't need the Launcher - when you've applied the fix to the "Sims2EP9.EXE" file, you can make a shortcut directly to this file (right-click, make shortcut, it will save the shortcut on your desktop). This bypasses the launcher, and you'll skip the launcher when you go play your game.

I don't know if the UC still has a launcher, but I can't see the launcher EXE, so I don't think it's there. If it was there, it's one of the first things I'd bypass. I know my CD games had it, and I hated the thing. I haven't used the Launcher since maybe 2007 or thereabout, ever since I figured out how easy it was to bypass.

You are correct. But I find out this very late. I mean very late. Like couple of months ago I hated it too. I just update my post.
Test Subject
#338 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:58 PM Last edited by dimyl : 25th Feb 2021 at 11:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by citronlemon
I have another problem with my exe.files (?) Because they don't look as they should. I have the disc version (in swedish - the different looking file is mansion and garden stuff!)

What should I do? Nothing works and i suspect its because my files doesnt look as they should.

Ok, this is unfortunetly normal. It was happend my H&M Stuff pack and Kitchen and stuff pack. I google it and find out, that this is happens some times and no body knows why.

There is 3 steps you have to do: Uninstall M&G If you cannot do this automatic, there is the link for manuel uninstall. Check your Virtual disc. Delete M&G file in it. Install M&G again. Before all of them Take a back up

If this steps does not work, let me know. I will find the forum links which helps me about it.
Test Subject
#339 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 3:12 AM
Hi, so i saw that no one ever posted a fix for this so I'm going to ask about it again!

So I've applied the patch, but it isn't working properly. So, I go to cut the.exe file and paste in in my CSBin folder, and the launch it from there. However it won't launch and instead I get an error code that says "Core/Activation.dll" was not found, and that's why it couldn't execute the launch. I've tried maybe pasting it elsewhere, but I get the same pop-up.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Without it, I can't apply the patch :/
Mad Poster
#340 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:23 AM
Hello I have a question: if you have just the base game, where/how you apply this technique? Thanks

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#341 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 12:24 AM
My experience:
I followed this tutorial. To make a long story short, I finally had to move the .exe file to CSBin. When I started it the first time from there it worked fine but when I exited the game Windows did something to the file (there was a notification but it disappeared too quickly - something to do with compatibility?); the game became unplayable and had to be reinstalled.
To make an even longer story short: I finally found out that I had to use the Graphic Rules Maker FIRST. I tested it and when I exited Windows did their compatibility (???) shtick but they did not hurt the game. Only then I applied the 4GB patch, moved the .exe to CSBin and ran it: Windows did nothing this time and the game has been running fine ever since. Though I still tremble every time I close it.

If anyone knows why all of this was necessary I would very much like to see an explanation.
Mad Poster
#342 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 12:41 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Jul 2021 at 12:56 PM.
^ I have heard about it in the context of getting the 4GB patch to apply, but not for anything else, like getting the game to run better or some such. If it's only to apply the 4GB patch, then there are other things you can try.

Did you try moving the file back again to the original location before running your game again or reinstalling? She did say to do a backup, and when you're prompted to do a backup before trying out something, it's probably a good idea to do one (the game files you're currently messing about with, and your saved game if there's something you don't want to lose in there).

---

What I did for my game was to copy the EXE file to the desktop, applied the patch there, and move/replaced the edited file to its original location. Got an "admin" prompt that asked me if I wanted to change the file, I clicked "yes", and the file was replaced with the patched one. This should work whether it's a CD or UC game (no idea about Macs). I didn't have any issues with the patch not being applied properly using this method.

(I do recommend keeping a backup of the original file, just in case things go wrong or you have to backtrack - saves you from a reinstall).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#343 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
My experience:
I followed this tutorial. To make a long story short, I finally had to move the .exe file to CSBin. When I started it the first time from there it worked fine but when I exited the game Windows did something to the file (there was a notification but it disappeared too quickly - something to do with compatibility?); the game became unplayable and had to be reinstalled.
To make an even longer story short: I finally found out that I had to use the Graphic Rules Maker FIRST. I tested it and when I exited Windows did their compatibility (???) shtick but they did not hurt the game. Only then I applied the 4GB patch, moved the .exe to CSBin and ran it: Windows did nothing this time and the game has been running fine ever since. Though I still tremble every time I close it.

If anyone knows why all of this was necessary I would very much like to see an explanation.

Did you make sure your anti-virus or one drive are not interfering? Because those kinds of issues can be caused by them. You need to make sure your antivirus is set to ignore all sims 2 files and that one drive can't try to sync it. Some of us have either uninstalled or disabled it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#344 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 8:37 PM Last edited by pico22 : 10th Jul 2021 at 3:48 PM.
Thanks for your replies.
The notification was from Windows, not from my antivirus program, and OneDrive is not signed in. I tried the desktop solution but that ended the same way. I should add, however, that I am completely new to Windows 10 (I've had them only for about a week) and so I found my solution only by relying on the traditional hit or miss method (far more misses than hits, of course).
But I've had Windows since they first came out and I know that they are pure evil. What I really don't understand (and the Pleasantsims lady does not seem to know the answer either) is why the game runs only if I put the .exe in CSBin?

ETA: The program that was causing me the problems was "Program Compatibility Assistant": "To fix a compatibility problem, compatibility setting were applied to this program. These settings will be used the next time you will run the program."

Obviously it can be turned off. Should I do that or would that cause other problem(s)?
Test Subject
#345 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:26 PM
Hi, I applied the 4gb patch (Windows 7 32-bit), then I used CFF Explorer to check and it showed that the game can handle >2gb, but after running the game memory is still 1024 mb. What does it mean?
Mad Poster
#346 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:58 PM
I think the patch is only meant to help with 64-bit systems, so if you're running 32-bit Windows, that's probably the problem right there.

How much RAM does your computer have?
Test Subject
#347 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think the patch is only meant to help with 64-bit systems, so if you're running 32-bit Windows, that's probably the problem right there.

How much RAM does your computer have?

Yeah I heard about that. That's why I used CFF but ">2gb" was already on. 4gb RAM.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#348 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 11:20 AM
You need PAE or the 3GB switch to have LAA work on 32 bit Windows.
https://helloacm.com/large-address-aware/
Lab Assistant
#350 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 5:09 PM
Default Task Scheduler Issue Fix
Hi y'all!

Apologies if this has been said already. This may not be applicable since this is more an issue with Windows 10, but I had an issue getting the Task Scheduler to run properly and execute tasks at the scheduled time. The time would simply pass and the standby would not be cleared. The problem is the "indefinite" option for scheduling was broken back in 2019. There are two correct ways to properly set it up so that it runs at the right time. The one that works for me is set up as follows:
- On a schedule
- Daily
- Advanced settings / repeat tasks every xxx minutes for a duration 1 Day.

Link to original post with other way: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/an...task-not-r.html

Hope this helps someone out there!
Page 14 of 15