Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:26 PM
Thanks, I replied to you on the forum at simlogical.
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#27 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:42 PM
Wow, amazing. And a zillion times faster than 'find'... I assume because it only searches the files it needs to.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:50 PM
Yes, Peter made the program "do the tutorial" lol
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:10 PM
There is a new (and hopefully final) release up at http://simlogical.com/SMF/index.php?topic=894.0 now. That should complete the extractor tool for now, and the linker is in the pipeline.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#30 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 5:01 AM
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! again, Inge and Peter. I'd tested it briefly just to ensure it was working, but I used it last night with a hair mesh I was actually creating and it makes it a -breeze-. Even gathering all the parts for all the ages, it really is quite easy to just sort it by name and delete everything I don't want. You've eliminated one of the most "Ugh, booooring!" parts of meshing for me. Thank you so very very much!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 1:22 PM
A slight snag to the proposed linking part of this tool is we might need to revise the existing 3IDR plugin. Can someone tell me what that square box is for, just to the right of the Up, Down and Commit buttons? It's empty for me. It's just I don't want to set Peter onto tampering with some essential part of the whole process and break it :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#32 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 2:34 PM
Hmm, it's empty for me too, but there's a similar large box where we can type in new values, at least when editing the matd. It's usually empty until something is selected that then causes the existing value to appear there. So for our basic purposes we've never used it, but it must have a use... I wouldn't think they'd have a space holder there. Ask at SimPE site? Or maybe someone here who has done less typical edits might have used the box, I never have.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 3:18 PM
Well, the version with the linking added is now available for download. Some people might not like the way the linking works, but it's there for those who do

As soon as you're sure it's working ok, I will give the download a permanent home you can point people to in your tutorial.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#34 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 11:51 PM
Okay thanks Inge, I will look at this within a few days, kinda busy schedule right now. If there's a 'grab my mesh bits' and there's one that will link, that would be ideal, in terms of letting people get the most potential use of the tools

Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 8:53 AM
Anyway we released this now, details updated in first post.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#36 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 6:01 AM
thank you, I must find my round-tuits, danged it!

Field Researcher
#37 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 10:47 PM
thanks ,inclusive if i only can use with clothes mesh
i´m very grateful for this
thanks very much
Original Poster
#38 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 11:45 PM
It does hair and accessories too.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It does hair and accessories too.

yes,i had tryed the past night and i had made a hair mesh.
thanks you,thanks you again. :lovestruc
is very,very helpfull
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 11:20 PM
This seems really helpful for body meshing, it will help me get through the most boring part of meshing SimPE lol. I have a question though, it says it works for SimPE 058, I have SimPE 56, and I went to the site and noticed 58 was glamour life, I dont have GL so I was wondering if I could download it anyway just to get this tool without conflict. thanks

I'm back, trying make a name for myself in the sims community. I'm going to try to match up the meshes with the content I previously made so I can share it with everyone :]. I wish my username didn't suck so much, I think I'll make a new one for the sims 3 :]
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#41 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 11:40 PM
The newer simpe's have various fixes and additions to them, in addition to handling the new eps. They are not _limited_ to only working for the new ep. I believe you can upgrade your simpe, it will work with the older files just fine.

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
The newer simpe's have various fixes and additions to them, in addition to handling the new eps. They are not _limited_ to only working for the new ep. I believe you can upgrade your simpe, it will work with the older files just fine.

Thanks for replying, Im glad it will, this program will be useful to gather my files quicker. Also thanks to the person who posted this

I'm back, trying make a name for myself in the sims community. I'm going to try to match up the meshes with the content I previously made so I can share it with everyone :]. I wish my username didn't suck so much, I think I'll make a new one for the sims 3 :]
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:58 AM
This tool is now included with the SimPE distributions from 0.60 onwards. You will find it under Tools|PJSE|Body Mesh Tool and there is some help for it under Help|Topics|PJ Body Mesg Tool

I am sure you can help each other with it here too, as Peter and I actually don't do clothes and hair, and we relied on Tiggerypum and Dr Pixel and other experienced skinners for advice while making it.

Please let me know if there are further developments that could be made to it, eg for pets.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#44 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 8:20 PM
Thank you for making this! I really appreciate it. :0)
Original Poster
#45 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 8:28 PM
You're welcome, Porkypine

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#46 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 7:39 PM
Inge and Peter.. I want to say that you have made a beginning meshers life SOoooo much easier! That was one of the hardest parts to get straight in my head, which part went into which folder and was swapped out with which other part... I'm an IT tech by trade, not a programmer and we're notorious for putting things together on sight and only when we run into a wall and can't figure it out, do we read the directions.

I'd recommend that this tool be added to the beginners tutorial - replacing what is there and move the tutorial parts your tool replaces into a more advanced tutorial. Perhaps we'd get more people into learning how to mesh if they didn't run into that confusing extraction wall right off.

Here's 5 bene llamas for you. :0)
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 8:08 PM
Benes!!! Thanks I think I only had about 3 benes in my life :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 11:22 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can´t describe how happy I am now :D

Visit my homepage: http://webstersims.no-ip.org
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:45 PM
Absolutely great.

I used this for the first time today and it's Mastercard - beyond priceless.

Thankyou.
Inventor
#50 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 7:12 PM
I'm so glad I found this after going through the tutorials the last day or so. Now I can do it the easy way, but if there is a problem I can go do it the hard way again.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Page 2 of 3