Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent for TS3 *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 11:54 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:39 AM by treeag

1632 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1132 Feedback Posts, 499 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 66
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:41 AM
Horridoo !!! Thx a lot :-)

Hoffnung ist nicht die Gewissheit dass etwas gut ausgeht, sondern dass es Sinn macht, egal wie es ausgeht. (W.Havel)
- I try to translate - who finds errors can keep them ;-) :
"Hope is not being sure for a good end, but that it has sense, whatever comes."
Pic by ebekastein @ yahoo.co.uk
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:04 AM
I have v2.3.33 and it works. Thank you, treeag!
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:33 AM
I have 2.3.33 for World Adventures, and it does work for me!

Thank you so much for this, it's absolutely awesome! :'D
Test Subject
#54 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:39 AM Last edited by MaPo : 27th Dec 2009 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Incompatible Faster Learn Hack
Yay \O/ ...

I've missed that so much, since I know it from Sims2.

Thanks for made it avaiable for 3 ^__^

Edit:

Buhuh

Unfortunaly it does not work wit the latest patch (1.8.25.003002) for the Sims 3 Basic Version

Can by it, but not interact.

You really have to get the WA extension for this one.

But I don't think I will by it, cause EAs patches for the sims 3 basic versions are so buggy, that I've got to reinstall it, otherwise I can't use the other mods and store objects (even rivervalley) no longer.

Edit 2nd part:

Shame on me stupid
It works!

After a few time for searching in the help forum I've got it.

One of the other learning mods was the reason, that I can't interact with the book.

After I removed them from the game, the book works :D
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:52 AM
So nifty, thank you!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:06 AM
Unfortunately it doesnt work with the straight base game :/
Thanks anyway.
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:35 AM
I have WA installed this mod dosen't work 'I can buy it but my sims can't interact with the item at all. reading other threads it seems to me that everyone is having the same problem so i am going to take it out of my download folder untill someone works on this mod to make it a bit better.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 3:52 PM
hello, it works fine with the newest Update 2.3.3 WA! You must do it like this Tutorial -
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...e_Files#Summary

1. Download the Resource.cfg and the d3dx9_31.dll
2. Take the d3dx9_31.dll file in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/bin
3. Take the Resource.cfg in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures (Root)
4. Open the Download File with WinRAR 5. But the BooksOfTalent.package in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Mods/Packages

PS: it works with many other Mods and Hacks from MTS3

THX for this...
greetings
Cinderella2005

I´am Happy to be a Member ... .-))
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 4:08 PM
I have installed the BookofTalent and it does not work for me. I have done every suggestion I have seen so far and it still does not work for me. I place it on the floor in my house and when I hover over it a little hand appears and it says Treeag.BookofTalent.
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 6:12 PM
Hey, how do you you install stuff for World Adventures? Do you use the same folder as the base game or make a new one somewhere?
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 6:41 PM
i wonder whats all this hype for this download? it doesn't work on 2.2.8 on WA and whenever i try to click it there is no interaction available of any sort ,can someone explain what could be conflicting to it ?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:25 PM
Ok, im finding that these mods are way too complex to install for me to enjoy - ill be deleting the mods i have installed from you previously, if they dont work. i dont wnt to screw up my game, ive already done it once.
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:47 PM Last edited by asthmaticdestiny : 27th Dec 2009 at 8:10 PM.
EDIT: Oh, I just found out it didn't work with 2.3 so I guess I'm back to trudging for skills~

Silly me.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:07 PM
It doesnt work with 2.3 waiting
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:16 PM
It doens't work with 2.3? :O That might explain why it is not working for me.. Sad day. Awesome job though Treeag. I love your work, keep it up! :D
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:24 PM
So Glad You Brought This Back, Much Needed item !
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:37 PM
It helps if you make sure you have all the right files in the right place. Do this before complaining to treeag that it doesn't work I happen to have WA patched up to 2.3 and I've had no problems. Thanks for remaking this for the sims 3 treeag

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 9:35 PM
great idea, unless you love having your sims work at their skills.
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:10 PM
Oh my gosh.. I am amazed at my own stupidity. Turns out that I didn't extract it. I thought I did.. Infact on my desktop I have a couple of downloads and I thought that one of them was this; so I kept on trying to install it.. Oh wow I feel like an idiot. Anyways I figured it out and it works wonderfully! Thank you so much! (p.s I have 2.3 patch for those who thought it didn't work with it) Thanks again Treeag!
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:35 PM
Default Hello!
Sry about my bad english!
I dont understand why it doesnt work? i do everything but it still doesnt work
can somebody help me
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 12:01 AM
It works for 2.3 you need the d3dx9_31.dll in both game bins and the mod folder with WA.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM Last edited by shareallicu3 : 30th Dec 2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: It works Now! :)
doesn't work for me
Quote: Originally posted by freddytf
i have the base game version 1.85 and it doesn't work for me. it shows up in the game and i'm able to buy it, but my sims can't interact with it.

~~Ok, I put the file d3dx9_31.dll in and now it works THANKS! ~~

I'm having the same problem as freddytf: its there, I can buy it but it says there are no interactions available
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 1:41 AM
Hey, glad to see your back...

I'm having a bit of trouble with the mod, I've only got the base game and the most recent update, the mod will show up ingame, I can buy it and put it in the inventory but I can't interact with it...
Test Subject
#75 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:25 AM
I thank you very much for uploading a "skill book" that does not require useage of an obejct! It worked perfectly when I just put it in the Packages folder, and yet I have not seen a single problem. I would like to congratulate you for developing a nice piece of work.
Page 3 of 66