Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 4:07 AM
Default UI modding questions?
i want to edit the object catalog to display more than 7 colors of an object at a time but i'm not sure how to do this their has not been any tutorials about changing UI functions at least from what i have seen but i have seen people make edits before (such as the widescreen UI mod) so i'm hoping this is possible, if anyone can explain how to edit UI functions please help me i also made a concept photo of what i am trying to achieve as my question may be a bit confusing to some people i'm hoping to make it look like this
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seaben
i want to edit the object catalog to display more than 7 colors of an object at a time but i'm not sure how to do this their has not been any tutorials about changing UI functions at least from what i have seen but i have seen people make edits before (such as the widescreen UI mod) so i'm hoping this is possible, if anyone can explain how to edit UI functions please help me i also made a concept photo of what i am trying to achieve as my question may be a bit confusing to some people i'm hoping to make it look like this

The first thing you'll need to figure out is which UI script defines the part of the UI you want to edit, that's already quite a task since there's 100s of them, then it's mostly trial and error messing around with values in an XML-like file.
This thread might contain some useful information on UI editing
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 12:34 PM
ui editing 0/10 do not recommend