Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biology Career

by Neia Posted 12th Aug 2016 at 1:27 AM - Updated 6th Jun 2020 at 3:39 PM by Neia

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 61 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 7:10 PM
I'm so glad there are some careers for TS4 now. Can you explain somehow how you made them?
I want to convert all my custom careers to TS4, but I don't know how to create careers for TS4.
Thanks!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#27 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 7:20 PM
@ Neia:
Finally We have 2nd career.
Great job.
Thanks for this career.

Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I'm so glad there are some careers for TS4 now. Can you explain somehow how you made them?
I want to convert all my custom careers to TS4, but I don't know how to create careers for TS4.
Thanks!
Oh my god!!!!
If you learn how to do it, it will be great!!!!

I love all of your Sims 2 careers!!!!!!

Was hoping your Sims 2 career conversion for Sims 3.

Of course you would never do Sims 3 career, cause you said so in your profile: Course I wish you had done career mod for Sims 3, cause you got so much great Sims 2 careers that I "defiantly" have in my Sims 3 games. Course I had lot amount those career mods of yours when I used to play Sims 2.

And your Sims 2 career conversion for Sims 4 will also great!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
@ Neia:
Finally We have 2nd career.
Great job.
Thanks for this career.

Oh my god!!!!
If you learn how to do it, it will be great!!!!

I love all of your Sims 2 careers!!!!!!

Was hoping your Sims 2 career conversion for Sims 3.

Of course you would never do Sims 3 career, cause you said so in your profile: Course I wish you had done career mod for Sims 3, cause you got so much great Sims 2 careers that I "defiantly" have in my Sims 3 games. Course I had lot amount those career mods of yours when I used to play Sims 2.

And your Sims 2 career conversion for Sims 4 will also great!!!

Indeed it would ve great.
It's not that I don't want to them for ts3. It's just that I didn't get them to work when I tried to convert them from ts2 to ts3.
And i got a bit sick of the sims 3 career requests while I don't get them to work properly.
Now I wan to learn to create them for sims 4 if only I knew how to do that.
But I don't patch the game that often so it might not even be possible to create for ts4.
If only someone could explain how creating ts4 careers works so I could be sure if I can or cannot convert my sims 2 careers.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
#29 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 8:04 PM
Indeed it would ve great.
It's not that I don't want to them for ts3. It's just that I didn't get them to work when I tried to convert them from ts2 to ts3.
And i got a bit sick of the sims 3 career requests while I don't get them to work properly.
Now I wan to learn to create them for sims 4 if only I knew how to do that.
But I don't patch the game that often so it might not even be possible to create for ts4.
If only someone could explain how creating ts4 careers works so I could be sure if I can or cannot convert my sims 2 careers.

Yeah, I get your feelings.

Requesting to convert your Sims 2 careers to Sims 3, that will be a lot of job that you have to do.

And actually, for the Sims 3, I tried to follow how to create custom careers looking at Sims 3 custom career creation tutorial from 2 Sims site, stuck in the middle of doing it, it was hard so, i quit/gave up doing it.
Cause, I never learned programming languages for myself.

And as for Sims 4 Custom Career creation tutorial, here are the obsolete/outdated tutorials to create Sims 4 custom career.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 10:44 PM
Finally, something almost equivalent to my dream job! (Genetic path) The science profession just didn't do it justice!
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:29 AM
Yeah, I get your feelings.

Requesting to convert your Sims 2 careers to Sims 3, that will be a lot of job that you have to do.

And actually, for the Sims 3, I tried to follow how to create custom careers looking at Sims 3 custom career creation tutorial from 2 Sims site, stuck in the middle of doing it, it was hard so, i quit/gave up doing it.
Cause, I never learned programming languages for myself.

And as for Sims 4 Custom Career creation tutorial, here are the obsolete/outdated tutorials to create Sims 4 custom career.

Well, if someone who can make ts3 careers to work and he/she tells me about it, I will more than likely give permission to convert them and upload them.
But it's not just that I can't have self created TS3 careers to work in my game. I can't get any TS3 custom careers to work. I think it's a bit too risky to try again (that's what I remember anyway).

About TS4 careers, I had the same problem when creating TS4 careers as I had with TS3 careers. I can't get them to work.
And now the tutorial for TS4 careers is obsolete and outdated.
So it's waiting for a new tutorial and hoping it won't get outdated, but I guess it will with all the updates all the time.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:36 PM
This is so cool, thank you!! i would love if you could make a military career, just like the one in sims 2 (Actually, all the texts of the career are on the sims wiki...).
Field Researcher
#33 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia
I'll look into it, thanks for the report !
In the meantime, you can try using the promotion cheat : testingcheats on then career.promote Biologie

Not working :<
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 6:44 AM
Permission
I think this is really cool taking a glance at it, Neia would you care/mind if this entire career is converted for the sims 2?
Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 12:26 PM Last edited by Pawlq : 15th Aug 2016 at 1:16 PM.
Neia, how can edit money reward? Default is to high for me.
I edit data file in S4pe but still dont working ;<

And i would like edit performance to promote - now is slowly...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMSLOVER945
Can't wait to try this! but how did you make this??

Quote: Originally posted by Mexmaxx
How do you make Careers in sims 4? I would love to make a logistic Career

Quote: Originally posted by miliibnb
Great thanks! I can't wait to test it in my game. And it is sooooo cool that there is 4 branches, and in French!!
Do you plan on doing others or explaining how to do career mod? I would love to have more career like in real life.
Merciiiiii

Thanks!

I looked for all the ressources used by careers and build a tool (not releasable in its current state) to generate them. Hopefully, this should make it easier to update the careers with each patch. I'm planning to do some more careers.

Quote: Originally posted by Monday2
I think this is really cool taking a glance at it, Neia would you care/mind if this entire career is converted for the sims 2?

No problem, go ahead, if you could credit the TS4 version, it would be awesome !

Quote: Originally posted by Pawlq
Neia, how can edit money reward? Default is to high for me.
I edit data file in S4pe but still dont working ;<

And i would like edit performance to promote - now is slowly...

Rewards have both an XML and a Data ressources, there's one of each for each career level.
Performance is the base_performance in the XML ressources of the career levels.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 2:24 PM
Thank you sooo much! Ive been waiting for more careers
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 3:23 AM
Thanks for this! I hope you post a tutorial for this soon
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 4:02 AM
Is it possible to make a veterinary career, that would be great.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 5:23 PM
This looks great, can't wait to try it out, thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 1:18 AM
Default Translation
I wanted to ask if you are maybe interested to have this mod translated in Dutch? Personally I love it when mods have more languages and would gladly help. ^^ Sadly I don't know how to edit the text with how the data is compiled right now. So I would need your some help getting the original text to translate.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nightstar
Is it possible to make a veterinary career, that would be great.

If it helps you can convert my veterinary career for The Sims 2 to The Sims 4..., then just let me know you're going to do that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:17 PM
It's AWESOME!! Thanks!
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 11:53 PM
@Neia
Can you make a teaching career please That would be awesome :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 3:38 AM
I nearly peed myself when I saw this. I've been DYING for more careers! <3 I sure hope you do some more.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brandonstark7331
@Neia
Can you make a teaching career please That would be awesome :D

Actually, there is teaching career: [Obsolete] Education Career TS3 to TS4
It's just obsolete, that's all and might not work on latest patch.
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:42 PM
Actually, there is teaching career: [Obsolete] Education Career TS3 to TS4
It's just obsolete, that's all and might not work on latest patch.

Yep, I've tried that already It doesn't work anymore sadly :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:06 PM
Finally somebody made a career mod! I don't get it why nobody makes career mods for Sims 4.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 4:20 PM
This is a great addition to the careers. Thanks a ton, and thanks for having so many options and levels. Makes it very worth it. So cool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 4:20 PM
This is a great addition to the careers. Thanks a ton, and thanks for having so many options and levels. Makes it very worth it. So cool.
Page 2 of 5