Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 5:57 PM
Default Custom recipe strings not appearing correctly
Hi,

I've been working on creating a custom recipe for latkes using this tutorial from Echoweaver. It was easy to follow, but the recipe isn't appearing correctly in-game. I tried using the tips in this thread, and the key is still showing up instead of the recipe name. I've created the recipe from scratch a few times over, too, but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tamalinn_recipe-latkes.rar (319.7 KB, 3 downloads)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 11:38 PM
When I add a STBL to your package according to the instructions from @Echoweaver (who I shall ping, just incase I'm far off) the ID generated is different to the existing strings you have.

Gameplay/Excel/RecipeMasterList/Data:TLLatkes hashes into 0xD62CB6EBE1A42109, which doesn't already exist in your STBL.
I think the name needs to exactly match the one you defined in your XML, as I checked EW's Scrambled Eggs recipe and Gameplay/Excel/RecipeMasterList/Data:EWEggs hashes into 0xB29E3B0EC4794609 - the exact ID that she is using
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
When I add a STBL to your package according to the instructions from @Echoweaver (who I shall ping, just incase I'm far off) the ID generated is different to the existing strings you have.

Thank you! I rehashed it, and now it's showing up in lists as food sims can buy. Now I need to figure out why the book isn't appearing in the bookstore, but my guess is I misnamed something.
Inventor
#4 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 10:06 PM
Hi! I'm sorry I haven't responded. The spirit is willing, but the flesh has been busy! I really do want to help, and I'm still active.

The STBL strings are described in Step 6 of the tutorial. If you had trouble with hashing the names, it's likely the problem with the book is the same.

As @Cardinalsims said, the recipe STBL hash would be Gameplay/Excel/RecipeMasterList/Data:TLLatkes
The book hash would be Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookRecipe:TLLatkes

"YourFoodName" in the tutorial could be clearer. It looks like I didn't include an example of creating the string hash for a real recipe, and it would be easy to use the wrong string. Hashing STBL strings isn't very user-friendly.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
As @Cardinalsims said, the recipe STBL hash would be Gameplay/Excel/RecipeMasterList/Data:TLLatkes
The book hash would be Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookRecipe:TLLatkes

Thanks! I had a feeling that could be the issue, so I fixed that STBL last night, and it's finally showing up at the bookstore! Huzzah!