Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:24 AM
Default Hardware limitations
So I'm thinking of getting a few sims 4 eps during the next steam sale. I was wondering if I were to buy everything, how well does the game run? Especially if there is cc installed.
I have sims 3 with nearly all the eps and one of the stuff packs, I do have a lot of cc (currently culling it) but the game takes such a long time to load, I've often grown disinterested in playing by the time the game loads. I've also been slowly working on a custom world that as various lots for my sims to do things. Such as a lot dedicated to crafting different art.

That being said if the sims 4 runs better than I'd be more interested in slowly getting all the eps I'm interested in. If it runs about the same, I'll just hold onto my money until sims 5.

I have an intel i7, gtx 970 (might be updating based upon how my vr headset runs) 16gbs of ram, (I think I'm forgetting something).

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:42 AM
I'm playing on integrated graphics card (but overall rather fast processor, 16GB ram, ssd drive) with over +15GB cc and can comfortably play on ultra settings. It takes maybe minute or less to load the game due to amount of cc, if not that it would load up much faster, so I'm sure you'll be fine. (with all EPs, GPs, SPs)
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 6:30 AM
the sims 4 is pretty easy on computers
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
So I'm thinking of getting a few sims 4 eps during the next steam sale. I was wondering if I were to buy everything, how well does the game run? Especially if there is cc installed.
I have sims 3 with nearly all the eps and one of the stuff packs, I do have a lot of cc (currently culling it) but the game takes such a long time to load, I've often grown disinterested in playing by the time the game loads. I've also been slowly working on a custom world that as various lots for my sims to do things. Such as a lot dedicated to crafting different art.

That being said if the sims 4 runs better than I'd be more interested in slowly getting all the eps I'm interested in. If it runs about the same, I'll just hold onto my money until sims 5.

I have an intel i7, gtx 970 (might be updating based upon how my vr headset runs) 16gbs of ram, (I think I'm forgetting something).

Thanks for the help!

I have an HP Omen laptop, Intel i7 with a NVidia 1060 card and only 8Gb RAM and both our cards are about the same age and compared a lot with one another. The 1060 is slightly better. My Sims 4 runs very well with a complete collection of packs. I don't run on Ultra but have everything on High as I'm into playing rather than looks! Your 16GB might make it easy to run.

I've even run Sims 4 with a few early packs on a small laptop with a 130M NVidia card. I haven't tried that with the latest expansions though. You might just be offered the Legacy 32 bit edition anyway if your PC won't manage the 64 bit version.

I find the problem with Sims games is the way the machine heats up and a very good cooling pad or fan in your PC is important.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 3:29 PM
Thank you all! I'm definitely leaning towards getting more eps now. Will I get all of them, I doubt it. But just knowing I won't wait 2-3 minutes for the sims 4 to load. Like I would with 4 would be great.

I kept talking myself out of it because I didn't want to sync all the money into the sims 4 when I had nearly all the same packs in the sims 3. Plus I kept telling myself just wait for the sims 5, but with how the sims 4 is going I doubt the sims 5 will be coming any time soon. (Feels like I jinxed myself now)

To answer the cooling question, I have a great cooler for my tower (can't remember the brand right now). My laptop I keep on one of those mini lap tables with a fan in it, plus when my laptop gets too hot I can turn the built-in fans to max.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:39 PM
Thank you all! I'm definitely leaning towards getting more eps now. Will I get all of them, I doubt it. But just knowing I won't wait 2-3 minutes for the sims 4 to load. Like I would with 4 would be great.

I kept talking myself out of it because I didn't want to sync all the money into the sims 4 when I had nearly all the same packs in the sims 3. Plus I kept telling myself just wait for the sims 5, but with how the sims 4 is going I doubt the sims 5 will be coming any time soon. (Feels like I jinxed myself now)

To answer the cooling question, I have a great cooler for my tower (can't remember the brand right now). My laptop I keep on one of those mini lap tables with a fan in it, plus when my laptop gets too hot I can turn the built-in fans to max.

Good luck! I'm thinking of not getting a Sims 5 (if it comes out anyway) until my present laptop gives up. Games aren't all that important to me these days. I'd wait for one of the frequent sales if I were you and go carefully on the mods! They need to be taken out before every patch for them to be updated so disable the automatic updates for patches on Origin or Steam until ready!.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 3:25 PM
Thanks! That makes sense. For me when sims 4 came out it didn't interest me at all really. Now, however, there are a lot of little things that have been added over the years that make me want to get the game.
I'm definitely waiting for the sales especially bundle sales.
Good to know about mods, does that include everything such as objects and cas items? Or just the game change mods?
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 9:37 PM
Thanks! That makes sense. For me when sims 4 came out it didn't interest me at all really. Now, however, there are a lot of little things that have been added over the years that make me want to get the game.
I'm definitely waiting for the sales especially bundle sales.
Good to know about mods, does that include everything such as objects and cas items? Or just the game change mods?

I never use mods or cc but there are some answers on the Official Forum about cc etc.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...every-new-patch