Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#101 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:02 PM
I hope, it's OK to double post.
I'm very busy at the moment but I had time to playtest Bigg City again.

1. In the museum, there is an unpainted wall.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40439-1-min.jpg

2. Also in the museum, there are two mismatched wallpapers.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40440-2-min.jpg

3. In the library, there is a bookcase that can't be used by the sims. It's because of the statue.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40441-3-min.jpg

4. In (I don't remember the name... Cherry Bowl?), there is a strange window.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40442-4-min.jpg

5. On the same lot, there is a wall light that is placed outside... It should be inside.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40443-5-min.jpg

6. In the spa, there are missing roof tiles for some of the rooms (and there are wrongly placed windows) - the windows thing is not really an issue
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40444-6-min.jpg

7. In the (I believe) Enclave Shopping Center, there are two food display stands that are usable by the sims but it would look better if you would move each of them 1 tile to the left.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40445-7-min.jpg

8. In C.J. Peggey's (I hope I spelled it right), there are two magazine/games display stands that are usable by the sims but it would look better if you would move each of them 1 tile to the left.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...40446-8-min.jpg

I'm glad there aren't any blue tears on the lot edges anymore. I didn't check all of the lots but I think, it should be fine.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#102 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:49 PM
O symmetry, thou art my enemy! Fixed those. I'm going to try two remodels with aisle of Weddings on the Green, one of which involves starting it over from scratch. Wedding on the Go can remain aisleless. It's the discount wedding venue, after all!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#104 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Judging by the names of the lots, I think this Downtown district would be a fine addition to Widespot.

You could add the Widespot subhood to it!

...let's just say that the original downtown form of this hood had issues that prevented it from being a custom populated downtown that could be tacked on to a Widespot main hood.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#105 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 6:30 PM
OK, I playtested all of the community lots and didn't find any issues besides these following things.

1. There are no toilets in Industry Park.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...tryPark-min.jpg

2.The roof is open in Municipal Pool, so it rains inside.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...palPool-min.jpg

3. In Shop, Drop, 'n' Roll, there are two wrongly-placed barstools.

4. In Stoppen Gap, there is no bar, so there's no bartender. Is this intended?
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...ppenGap-min.jpg

5. In The Lunchroom, there is a fence that needs to be removed IMO.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...nchroom-min.jpg

I haven't playtested all of the residential lots yet. So, I'll do that now.
Screenshots

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#106 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 2:43 AM
The lack of bar in Stoppen Gap (it's a store, not a night spot; but with the fridge there you can make a cold lunch) and the lack of roof over those rooms in the Municipal Pool are deliberate. Rooflessness in public pool shower areas is fairly common in Texas - it's not as if anybody goes to the pool when it's raining, after all! And it keeps the place aired out and well-lit, so there's no mildew. Nothing like natural light and air to stop mildew before it starts.

For the rest - argh! I'll get on it tomorrow. There used to be commodes in that restroom, but I had to unbuild them to flatten the edges and I guess I got interrupted. Thank you!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#107 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:26 PM.
I, personally, wouldn't go swimming when it's raining (because of lightings and because I'm way too shy) but if there are roofless public pools in Texas, then, you can leave it as it is. I can live with roofless public pools if it's intended.

Anyway, I playtested all of the Enclave residential lots. Some of them have both of the alarms, some only have burglar alarms, some only have fire alarms and some lots don't even have alarms at all. But because the lots are unfurnished, there's no need to place all of the alarms. But it would be nice if you would include all of the alarms in all of the lots.

1. In 9 The Enclave, there are two missing wallpapers.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...enclave-min.jpg

2. In 7 The Enclave, either the column or the roof needs to be fixed IMO.

3. Not really an issue but in 13 The Enclave, there's no door to the bedroom. The sims have to go to the toilet in order to enter the room. But if it's intended to be like this, then you can leave it as it is.

4. I forgot to check San Simeon Chapel while I was playtesting the community lots.

There are two sinks that are wrongly-placed.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...nchapel-min.jpg
Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#108 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 5:30 PM
Good thing you nitpicked on the column, because in the course of trying to fix that I realized the room above had a wall missing! Which apparently was the only reason the original set of roofs worked. Which I don't understand but that's roofs for you. I wound up having to take all the roofs off and redoing some of them as mansards because gables weren't working - they either overlapped the rooms, or didn't cover everything beneath. Very annoying, but it's done now.

Roofs are hard. Even harder in base game!

Scholar
#109 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:40 PM.
I need to redownload the current version for playtesting, though it may take a while to get my sims stuff completely back to where it was

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#110 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 9:24 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 15th Jul 2015 at 9:43 PM.
Last version? Ugh, haven't turned San Simeon Chapel into a community lot...oh, well...
No rips and tears. Various changes to roof treatments. A few more residences. Stop me before I build again.

Not attaching? Dammit...Well, I'll give it a bit more time and check back.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#111 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:56 PM
Let's try this in a new post. Since I was delayed anyway I changed the zoning on San Simeon Chapel. The champagne set is absolutely, positively on the counter. If it's on the floor again in test I'm just gonna take it out.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  PGBC.7z (29.09 MB, 55 downloads) - View custom content

Mad Poster
#112 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 10:59 PM
Going to play your hood tomorrow looking forward to it!
Mad Poster
#113 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:10 AM
I went to check out your lots as suggested by marka93. I downloaded the one in post 99, so forgive me if this is already fixed, but I noticed that on the wedding in the green lot, some of the bushes around the piano-stage is floating in the air.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#114 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:56 AM
The current Weddings on the Green is completely redone from that one, though I have saved a copy of the old one in case I change my mind. The current one (Post 111) doesn't have the piano up on a stage, the pond in in the back, and the whole thing has been rearranged so that people who like to have the bride walk down the aisle have an aisle to walk down. This unfortunately means the pond doesn't align with the pond at Bigg City Park, but that's life.

I should go delete the older versions.

Trainee Moderator
#115 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:44 AM
I didn't notice that you had uploaded a new version of Bigg City.

I'll download the latest version and playtest it.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#116 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:43 AM
I made some research about custom downtowns and their townies/NPCs.

If you add Bigg City as a subhood to a neighborhood, without having the original Downtown (D001) installed, the game doesn't add the downtownies/Tricou teens. So you don't have to worry about EA's NPCs.
Even if you restore the original downtown, the game won't add them to the neighborhood anymore.

(Of course, there's still a way to generate them using the mailbox).

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#117 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 3:46 PM
It doesn't add them all in a lump, but it does add downtownies, if you've add it as a downtown, gradually over time. That's what's happening in the Widespot/Bigg City v. 1 setup on my computer. I haven't seen any Tricous, though; which is good because I cloned them and added CAS Tricous. I'm wondering whether I'll ever see teens based on the Tricou teen templates, without the connections.

It's taking me a long time to get to the point that I feel I can start the populated version. I think my challenge neighborhood is sucking all my character engagement into it. Plus there's timing issues with the graveyard sims, since I want everybody to be potentially resurrectable but don't want to repeat the Tricou family resurrection scenario.

Mad Poster
#118 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:53 PM
Any one you want to have the chance to resurrect any dead sims must have know them while they were alive.

There maybe a way to add that info in SimPE but I have not tried it that way.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#119 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 6:10 PM
Yeah, that's the thing. I want a bunch of friends who died of old age, to go into the existing cemetery; and some prominent people who died in various ways, who'll die in San Simeon (as a residential lot) and retain their death types when I change that to a community lot; and the people who die in San Simeon will have various connections to the people in the Old Graveyard. But some of them are tricky. One of the playable families will be the Bigg family, and their ancestors will be in San Simeon, all the way back to founder Max Bigg and his wife; but they shouldn't know any dead people who were born after they died, and I want Edith PIlaf, Celebrity Chef who died in a fire, to have romantic relationships bridging the older ghosts and newer ghosts, and some of the other playable families should have relationships to their own ghosts, including one dead parent who is one of Edith's partners and you can see how quickly I could get in over my head and corrupt everything.

Before I get into CAS, I want to have it all worked out, who should know who and who needs to have what played and what can just be fiddled in SimPE - and SimPE continues not to work reliably in Windows 7 for me and I can't figure out what the problem is. I still have SimPE working great on my XP machine, but it's running a graphic chip rather than a video card so I don't want to do any in-game work on it, which means hauling the neighborhood back and forth from machine to machine. And you never know when the XP machine will just up and die, either. So you see why I haven't been able to work on it all summer when I had Health Crap sapping my energy. I'll figure it out, but I need to tackle it on the right day.

Trainee Moderator
#120 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 3:24 PM
I'm sorry to double post but I found a bug while playtesting Bigg City.

- In San Simeon Chapel, the champagne set is not on the counter, it's on the floor.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#121 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 5:38 PM
Again? It's always on the counter when I look at it. I think I just have to take the damn thing out.

Trainee Moderator
#122 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 7:04 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 5th Dec 2015 at 9:50 PM.
Sorry to 'bump' this thread. (I hope you didn't give up on creating this neighborhood)

But I think I found a solution for the downtownie re-spawn issue.
I believe, if the neighborhood has at least 1 downtownie, the game won't re-spawn the downtownies. Normally, the game only adds the townies/NPCs if the neighborhood needs them but if there are already downtownies, I don't think the game will add them.

I created a custom downtownie subhood with its own downtownies and added it to my neighborhood. It's been a while since I did that but I haven't seen any of EA's downtownies yet. And I don't see any of them if you look into SimPE.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 4:01 PM
That's a useful datum if it proves out.

I haven't given up on this, but next step is characters and I've had a crappy eight months or so with a disrupted executive function. (That's the part of your brain that takes all the little subjobs involved in, say, taking out the trash, and lines them up and compresses them so that you perceive yourself as doing one easy job. Everything seems overwhelming when that part isn't working properly.) You really can't do a complicated job like planning out which sims to make first so you have all the ghosts, family trees, and connections you want without that.

I have built a custom university, though, and I hope to be able to get back to Bigg City soon, as I'm feeling much better.

Trainee Moderator
#124 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 9:35 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 6th Dec 2015 at 3:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's a useful datum if it proves out.

I'll test it again. This time without having the anti re-gen mods installed. Let's see what the game does if you don't have any mods installed.

I haven't given up on this, but next step is characters and I've had a crappy eight months or so with a disrupted executive function. (That's the part of your brain that takes all the little subjobs involved in, say, taking out the trash, and lines them up and compresses them so that you perceive yourself as doing one easy job. Everything seems overwhelming when that part isn't working properly.) You really can't do a complicated job like planning out which sims to make first so you have all the ghosts, family trees, and connections you want without that.

I'd say create the playable sims first and then the ghosts, downtownies, NPCs. The first sim will be the 'telescope slapper' of Bigg City. That's your starting point, which of your sims should be the telescope slapper sim? The next sim will be the 'deputy of the telescope slapper sim'. After move in, I would pause the game and move in the other families. Once you moved in all of the families, I'd add the memories, skills, family connections and such. After you did all of this, you can un-pause the game and start playing the neighborhood until that stage you want the neighborhood to be.
As for the family connections, you could create the families seperated and connect them later in SimPE. This would also allow to link playable sims with downtownies or NPCs. (I did this in Quadington University; Melody is the daughter of two professors). Then you also don't have to age up/down sims in order to create an elder-adult couple. (You could still create the elder sim as an adult und age him/her up if you're more comfortable with this).
Back-up regularily. Especially if you are doing SimPE work (memories. relations, family tree, etc.).

I have built a custom university, though, and I hope to be able to get back to Bigg City soon, as I'm feeling much better.

Are you going to upload your custom university, or is it just for personal use? I'd love to see new universities. There are only a few university subhoods available for download.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#125 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 4:04 PM
Certainly the telescope slapper will be the oldest sim alive when the neighborhood ships; but this is going to be multi-generational and the concept involves a fairly intricate network of logical relationships. I want Max Bigg, the founder of the town, to be a ghost, and even to be resurrectable, and certainly to be the telescope slapper if he is - but he must not have any relationship to anyone born after he died. The dedicated resurrecting player should have to resurrect a couple of people to get to one who knew and can resurrect Max (and his wife Minnie). I have one Romance sim in mind, who should have had his first woohoo with an older woman who becomes a ghost, and then himself dies after fathering offspring who will be a starting character. I have sims I want to die in certain ways to create certain kinds of ghosts...and so on. I'm trying to keep it as simple as I can and still satisfy the concept, but every time I try to work it out on paper I find myself complicating it instead, so - sometimes you just have to let things cook longer. The less I have to do in SimPE, the better, because it doesn't work well on my Windows 7 machine and because it's so easy to miss a connection that would have been made automatically in gameplay. Based on experience, I'm confident I'll get to a day when I'll sit down to tackle it, and it'll all come right much faster than seems possible, because the backbrain is working on it where I can't see it. And then it will just be a matter of firing the game up, building Max, Minnie, and the first generation of ghosts, and getting on with it.

I'm considering making my own Master Vampire, who would know people from each generation, but I haven't even looked into the logistics of doing that.

I do hope to share the University, and in fact at the moment I'm proofreading the buildings-only version hoping to have it ready to offer here for playtesters before the end of the year. The populated version is likely to be ready long before Bigg City, because the nature of the beast is so much simpler. My main problem at the moment is that Fraps has stopped working and I don't know why, so it's going to be hard to take the necessary pictures.

Page 5 of 9