Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Lamare : 9th Dec 2022 at 9:22 AM.
Default Toddlers: outings and restaurants mod
This mod allows to take toddlers on outings and dine at restaurants with them!

Features
- form a casual group with toddlers, include and exclude them at any time
- be seated at a restaurant with toddlers, provided there's a free table with enough dining chairs and high chairs for your party
- watch members of your group placing toddlers in highchairs before sitting themselves (intelligent system there)
- order any food for toddlers and watch them eating it
- watch waiters serving and cleaning plates and having no problems with highchairs
- watch sims taking toddlers out of highchairs after the dinner is over

Requirements (musthaves!)
- UC or AL or M&G
- mod that allows toddlers to go to community lots, like df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders by dickhurt
- mod for accessible toddler high chairs, namely highchair-access-mod by me
- a toddler-friendly restaurant: place high chairs the same way you put dining chairs (highchair must face its table)

Warnings
- this mod alters quite a few in-game resources, so run HCDU to make sure there's no conflicts
- backup your 'hood and/or test this mod in a testing 'hood

I will appreciate if anyone wants to test it.

Before posting here, I wanted to make more activities for toddlers to do while sitting in their high chairs, but then a month went by, and I decided to roll it out sooner rather then later. The core functionality should be solid by now.

(Sorry for terrible graphics in screenshots, I usually test on lowest possible settings.)

Notes to self:
- test dining in hotels on vacation and in town with and w/o group outing
- include NL in reqs?
- fix chef's choice
- fix multi-tile tables
- some hanging models
- reserve for group (?)
- copy shape on buying (?)
- invisible recolor for reserver
- fix reserver: When I place on a table tile and change it’s height to look like it’s on the table, it’s still usable if the table has dining chairs. But booth chairs hate it and become inactive and Sims whine they can’t sit there
- reserver idea: Maybe some sort of flat piece that sits right above the table without blocking slots and can be turned invisible, but you know where it is. So it would feel like you're clicking on the table, sort of. I thought about adding an interaction to dining tables, but that mod already has quite a few overrides

The file is moved down the thread
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 3:50 AM
Oh my-Oh my-Oh my-Oh my-Oh my-...This is too awesome. I downloaded this. I'll test in my game set up. (I have all EP's, df_allow_puppy, your high chair mod, Inteen, and so many more mods!)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 4:08 AM
Wow, if only my game was working!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 2:36 AM
Yay!!! So it works greatly in my game, with ALL my mods. It was the first time I actually tried the df_puppy-kitten-toddler rider, and I was a bit nervous...
I am sorry for the picture size, as you might remember, sometimes my game decides to crash when I hit Prt scr. No way I was risking it, testing your mod.

First try :
I sent them walking/came back walking.
All happened as it should, papa asked to be seated, and then he took one toddler, mama took the other one, and both placed them in high chairs.
(Pic0 and Pic1)
Papa selected Chef Choice. I always choose this option, because everyone in the group get served what they like best, and it is quicker than choose for every sim in the group.
This time though, only papa and mama got served. Not the toddlers...(maybe toddlers do not have a favorite food assigned to them yet?)
So papa paid the bills, and I sent them all home.

Second try :
I sent them all by taxi. (that was TOO cute)/came back by taxi
All happened as it should, again.
This time, I made all 4 sims hungry, by half-ing their hunger bar.
Papa asked to be seated, and then he took one toddler, mama took the other one, and both placed them in high chairs, again.
This time, I had papa order separately for each sim. Order for Babi...order for Babette..order for Mama, and order for me.
Chef salad for everyone.
Toddlers got served!!!
(Pic2,3,4)
Adorable...

When everyone was fed, papa paid the bills, and everyone left and behave, and made it home safely.
(Pic5,6)

That is worth hugs for sure!!!
(Pic7!)

So maybe, Ordering Chef Choice is different in your mod. If this would work, it would be too awesome.
Thank you again Lamare. You are making this game much, much more addictive. :lovestruc

just a girl
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:03 AM
Thank you, Rosebine! :lovestruc
Quote:
maybe toddlers do not have a favorite food assigned to them yet?

I guess so. I'll do something about chef's choice, it really needs to be fixed.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 8:25 PM
This looks so cute! I've wanted to be able to take toddlers to restaurants for ages, so this is amazing. You make such cool stuff, Lamare :-)

I'm away from my laptop for the whole of this week, but if you're still looking for testers next Monday I will see what I can do.
just a girl
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:42 PM
I guess the conversation went a little off-topic, eh (I only saw the first of the deleted posts, so pardon me for not knowing what it's all about)

Thanks, Laura! I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty to test next Monday and the one after that and so on

So, I had a little time at a normal computer and made some progress.
1. fixed chef's choice (the devil was in the details - wasn't as much about having favorite food, as about finding the right time and procedure to add said food into the order list).
2. implemented new idea - being able to pick a table to be seated at.
It's a custom object you can buy in sculptures for 0$ and place on dining tables (or OMSPs - what's important is it being on the same *tile* as its table). It looks like a vase, and you can change its model to something else - both in live mode and buy mode (I think, I'll add more models to change shape to, maybe some lamps, if they won't be troublesome). Finally, when playing as a restaurant client, first click on this object to reserve the table it's on, and then click on a podium/manager to be seated. You should get your chosen table, provided it has enough chairs and no townie ninja'd you.

I guess, this whole mod is going to need some re-branding, if it's not only about toddlers. *For now* new object is in separate file called 'dining-table-reserver', but I'm thinking of merging it with 'toddler outings restaurants' and giving it a new name, because the latter contains all the needed overrides. Tell me what you think. Would you like separate versions, or it's fine to have it all in one?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  restaurant-mod-TEST.zip (12.1 KB, 346 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:12 PM
Great! I do not mind a separate package for the table reserver. I have no preference really, and this is a cool addition!
I'll test this tonight. Thank you.

Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd May 2018 at 6:41 AM
ur amazing. will test soon
Theorist
#10 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:46 PM
This mod sounds perfect, Lamare! I for one love and appreciate all the work you do to improve our simmie lives (also all modders). Reserving a table is a perfect idea, mostly for large families or special parties. I always thought it would be nice to have an option to phone in reservations, this will do it. My working dads usually took the kids to a restaurant once in awhile to catch up on relationships, took me awhile to figure out group outings was how it worked and also how to order everyone's favorites. Got the answers to both here at MTS. (thank you players too) Never could tell by their bubble image what each meal was, except good old salad or get the individual orders to work correctly. I love family outings, which was always lacking for sims.

I have a small question, if one sim takes 2 or more toddlers to a restaurant, will they put each of them in a highchair? I know the toddlers won't wander off because of the group outing just wondered about the seating. I used to run a daycare and had no problem taking 6-8 pre-schoolers out to eat once a week, so group activities will be fun on several levels. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:50 PM
When I tested, I had 2 parents and 2 toddlers. each parent took a toddler and placed them in a high chair. I assume, that if there are more toddlers than adults/teens in a group, they will just be picked up and placed in high chairs each their turn. Will just take longer.
ETA : My computer hated me last night, so I'll test the new version today instead...soOn.

just a girl
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:38 PM
Thanks, octobersimmer

No hurry, Rosebine

Duine, hey
The answer to your question is yes. The system assigns all toddlers to grown members of the group (teens+), and tries to do it evenly, if it can. If you only have one grown-up, then all toddlers will be picked up by that sim. If you have 2 grown-ups and 4 toddlers, then it'll be 2 for each. Toddlers wait plenty of time. Although, I have yet to test extreme scenarios like 1 sim + 7 toddlers, he-he.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:29 AM
Okay! I am back.
Once you know how it works, it works great! ahah
I knew the table reserver had to be on the same tile as its table, but what I was not aware of, is that it needs as many table reservers as there are tiles on a table.
My comm. restaurant has some 1X1 tables, but also, some 2X1 and 3X1 tables...
I used the same Tester family, but it grew a bit since, and they are now 5 which includes 3 toddlers.

The first time I sent them, I had only one table reserver in the middle of a 3X1 dining table.
I got told that all tables had already been reserved and to come back later.
I understood later , that no table actually got reserved when my sim clicked on the object. Like it did not register.

I thought at first, maybe it was the high chairs that were not place properly to make them all accessible?
So I tried placing each toddler in a chair. They were all ok, so it had to be something else!

When I tried placing a table reserver on each dining table tile, then I got one more option on the TR, and it was to cancel all reservations on the lot.
Only then, I knew what I was doing wrong.
And of course, Papa got the table he reserved, and all happened just as it should.
The conversations they have with their children I tell you!

Chef choice now works too. Everyone wanted something different! I foresee trouble in the kitchen in the future.

Oh! and about that table reserver..yes, it is changeable in buy mode as well. I discovered it without trying to. It switches object every time you pick it up.
I stopped when I got the ketchup/mustard/napkins.

So all is well I'd say.
Though if I may suggest a thing, the TR...could it also be a ceiling lamp/some hanging thing, not necessary a lamp? It could hang above the table's tile and would make sense. Instead of having to decor each tile directly on the table?
That would give us one more option. Either on the tile, or above it. Unless I am mixing up Minecraft and TS2, I think a tile is a tile, above under, makes no difference.

And thank you Lamare!

just a girl
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:33 AM
Thank you, Rosebine!

Quote:
what I was not aware of, is that it needs as many table reservers as there are tiles on a table.

This is not how I intended it to work. I'll find where I messed up and fix it.
Also, the way it is designed right now, it requires that the sim that clicks to be seated should be the same sim that clicked to reserve a table. I'll change that.

Quote:
Oh! and about that table reserver..yes, it is changeable in buy mode as well. I discovered it without trying to. It switches object every time you pick it up.

What do you think about this feature? Did you like it?

Quote:
Though if I may suggest a thing, the TR...could it also be a ceiling lamp/some hanging thing, not necessary a lamp? It could hang above the table's tile and would make sense. Instead of having to decor each tile directly on the table?

Yeah, I think it's doable.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Also, the way it is designed right now, it requires that the sim that clicks to be seated should be the same sim that clicked to reserve a table. I'll change that.

But it sure make sense though... Unless,
Papa had the choice to reserve for another sim, and Mama was among the available sims to pick. If Papa reserved a table for Mama, she could not have been the one clicking to be seated?

What do you think about this feature? Did you like it?

Oh I like that! About the table reserver changing shape when picked, because it's easy. It might become annoying to some, if you decide to place it somewhere else instead, but still want that shape. But we are talking about seconds of game play here.
Not what I'd call trouble.

just a girl
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But it sure make sense though... Unless,
Papa had the choice to reserve for another sim, and Mama was among the available sims to pick. If Papa reserved a table for Mama, she could not have been the one clicking to be seated?

She could have. Ok, I thought maybe it was confusing, but I'm glad it makes sense. I'll see if I can go a bit further and let reserve for a group, so that you don't need to remember who was selected at the time you picked a table.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh I like that! About the table reserver changing shape when picked, because it's easy. It might become annoying to some, if you decide to place it somewhere else instead, but still want that shape. But we are talking about seconds of game play here.
Not what I'd call trouble.

I did it for when you build without family (unowned community lot), because there's no way to click an interaction. I hope it's fine. I'll try not to give it too many models.
Alchemist
#17 Old 6th May 2018 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 6th May 2018 at 2:37 PM.
"Toddler Outings" worked a treat for me. Really awesome, thank you!

Running UC on laptop Windows 7, lots of mods, Mary-Sue and Daniel took their still-crawling granddaughter to Big Bowl Lanes and Eats for some mac and cheese. The Big Bowl only has one table set up with a highchair, though there are two more highchairs against the wall. The taxi came (I do wish they'd just hold the child getting into taxis and walking - another mod), they arrived, Mary-Sue asked to be seated. I was unsure if the host would put them at the right table, but he did. Mary-Sue complained a bit about having to walk around the highchair, but Daniel came from across the room holding toddler to put her straight into the chair. Mary-Sue ordered for all, all were served and ate. Mary-Sue "paid and left" via pay phone. It was lovely. Particularly nice that the host went to the right table and that Daniel so deliberately and autonomously carried toddler to chair. Is finding the right table built in or was I just lucky?

I didn't try the table reserve. Personally, I like them separate because I like mods to stay simple so I can choose only what I want easily. HCDU didn't find anything and I didn't see any immediate conflicts.
just a girl
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Particularly nice that that host went to the right table and that Daniel so deliberately and autonomously carried toddler to chair. Is finding the right table built in or was I just lucky?

It's not luck, only work. I'm glad it all runs smoothly.

Thank you for your feedback.
Alchemist
#19 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:35 PM
It's not luck, only work. I'm glad it all runs smoothly.

Thank you for your feedback.

Wonderful work, thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th May 2018 at 4:37 AM
This is amazing! I will be testing this out ASAP.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:15 PM
Well, This mod is soo helpful! Thank you so much Lamare!! Here are some pics:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 8:21 AM
I know I'm posting late, but I just found and tried this mod and on the off chance that you're still working on it I wanted to let you know that HCDU is throwing the following conflicts:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Person A (done)
Group ID: 0x7F264EB3
Instance ID: 0x00001000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\toddler outings restaurants TEST.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Pescado\restaurantbarfix.package

Group ID: 0x7F46A87D
\downloads\Hacks Finished\HB_InstantAddRemoveGroups.package

Group ID: 0x7F7B09B7
\downloads\Hacks Finished\HB_InstantAddRemoveGroups.package
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 10:04 PM
Has anybody tested this with rebekah's booster seat? I want to a restaurant where my younger toddler Sims eat in high chairs and older toddler Sims eat in booster seats
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 3:21 PM
Default Invisible Recolour?
2. implemented new idea - being able to pick a table to be seated at.
It's a custom object you can buy in sculptures for 0$ and place on dining tables (or OMSPs - what's important is it being on the same *tile* as its table). It looks like a vase, and you can change its model to something else - both in live mode and buy mode (I think, I'll add more models to change shape to, maybe some lamps, if they won't be troublesome). Finally, when playing as a restaurant client, first click on this object to reserve the table it's on, and then click on a podium/manager to be seated. You should get your chosen table, provided it has enough chairs and no townie ninja'd you.

Sorry for the late reply, I am loving this mod! I was wondering if it is possible to make an invisible recolour of the table reserver?
just a girl
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 4:49 PM
If I remember correctly, the table reserver object was a bit raw when I left it, and it wasn't always able to reserve the right table. I should get back to working on it when I get the inspiration for this mod again. The toddler part worked well, though.