Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 7:28 PM Last edited by DaBlondehh : 19th Apr 2021 at 5:15 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do you make ReShade depth of field last longer than 5 minutes?
Hi, I have Reshade 3.0.8. The depth of field always stops working after 5 minutes, and I've tried all the types that reshade comes with. Same thing happened when I used the ExtraReal graphics shader mod before I got reshade. Someone told me that the sims 3 game itself is not compatible with DOF since becoming dependent on origin. Is the issue caused by my system or the fact that I installed from origin? I'm on a samsung notebook 7 spin laptop with an Nvidia GeForce 940MX, core i7, 12 GB ram, 1TB (HDD) storage. I have no lag when I use reshade so I woudn't think the system is the problem. I read that nvidia laptops don't work with reshade 2.0 so that's why I got 3.0.8. DOF is so beautiful, it's a shame it doesn't work.

Edit: I discovered it works when I turn off wi-fi.