Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

PTME - Emotional Overcharge (Social Interaction Tuning)

by FlorianPTME Posted 25th Oct 2014 at 10:31 PM - Updated 31st Jul 2016 at 2:24 AM by FlorianPTME

317 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 240 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#76 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:33 PM
I have v0.05 installed, and while the cooking thing is fixed (WOOT!!) I do notice a couple of my high school sims still have trouble finishing their homework. I'll have them start it, and they'll stop. I *think* it's when one of their siblings tries to talk to them (there are 8 sims in my household, it's hard to keep track of all of them all the time lol). The cancelling seems to stop if I have something else cued for after the homework?

Also, the standing thing is still happening for me. If a Sim is eating, I'll tell them to sit, and they'll get right back up again. Sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. Nobody else coming to talk to her that I can tell :\

I also haven't noticed any change in my hot-headed Sim's behavior, but I haven't taken her out in the neighborhood yet, so I will keep you updated :D

Switching to version six to see if this helps with the two stated issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:48 PM Last edited by FlorianPTME : 28th Oct 2014 at 10:03 PM.
The hot head sim behavior out of randomness is very subtle and might not be noticeable right away. I can see if I can pump it up a little tomorrow but I personally don't like them to be mean just out of chance. Also there are many other factors that have an influence on what your sim would say. So if your hot headed neighbour is happy and has a good relationship to your sim than it's very likely that she would still do a lot of nice things. That is working as intended.

I'll also try to figure out if I can find something out about homework and sitting. Could you maybe send me a save game file to reproduce this issue? That helped a lot with jennydeenyc's problem.

Thanks for testing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
Happy to help! Love the mod so far And yeah, definitely agree with you that she shouldn't be mean out of chance. Hmmm. I think I should have her nemesis come by for a visit and see what happens? lol.

Trying to get the save to you now!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:55 PM
Got the save game and try to take care about it tomorrow.

Yeah, try bringing her arch enemy and see how that plays out. I got my second autonomous sim fight today, that was awesome! It occurs very rarely but I guess that's alright.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:19 AM Last edited by jennydeenyc : 29th Oct 2014 at 4:30 AM. Reason: playtest report
Ok, gonna fire up the game with 0.06 installed in a few minutes. Will stream for a bit if you care to observe :-)

EDIT: So v. 0.06 appears pretty stable in my game. Haven't seen any really memorable interactions, but there's definitely more variety in what they're doing autonomously. Sims also now only use the microscope or observatory when focused, which is a nice change. Will continue playing with this version until there's a new one to try out. Thanks again for everything!
Field Researcher
#81 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:48 AM
Just put v0.06 in and loaded up my game went to a lot that I have a couple living together not married or engaged, just boyfriend and girlfriend and they are having Autonomous Woohoo as we speak, didn't take to much time, it was the second interaction they had, she went to him and asked. Going back into the games to see what else happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:34 AM
@jennydeenyc: Glad to hear! I haven't seen your stream though maybe I will today if to tell me the time. I think there will be a new version today or tomorrow because brytewolf still seems to have some minor issues.

@dtw: Yes, there was a bug before that caused just being in a relationship not having an impact at all. But that it was the second thing they did probably happened just out of chance. They still shouldn't go totally wild regarding WooHoo.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:16 AM
@brytewolf: I can't quite reproduce the homework and sitting/standing issue at the moment. I ran the simulation a couple of times with and without user directed actions. I think that this could be a base game problem however I am still on it.

So if anyone else is having this please help to identify if this is mod related or not and report your experiences!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:38 PM Last edited by FlorianPTME : 29th Oct 2014 at 12:51 PM.
There is a new test build available! You don't neccessarily need to get this since these are very minor changes but also for people who enjoy it I made a "hardcore edition" where I unlocked some rather life changing decisions. They shouldn't occur too often though. I suppose they work because I got some backround sims to move in together. I removed that interaction though because then you would get a notification for that and you would switch to that household which is a little bit annoying.

But sims should be able to try for baby now and propose or get divorced. Check it out if that's your thing! I tuned these interactions to show up very rarely so if you try it out please report your findings. Did your sims propose or try for baby autonomously? Does it happen too often, not enough or just right? Please share to improve the mod even more!

Also I might switch the mod to the beta stage soon. So if you like it so far please spread the word! Additional input is always appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:03 PM
Hi, I don't know if you will be able to help me or not, but I am getting a problem with autonomy not working at all. I have been having an issue with Sims just standing there as if autonomy has been disabled. User directed actions work, but autonomy does not, the only move they will make is if a need has to be resolved, once that has been fixed, they will just stand in the one spot again. Any ideas? I have tried deleting save files and moving the sims in and out.. but nothing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:08 PM
You mean with this mod or in general? I have never had that. Maybe a conflict in some mods you have? Pretty hard to answer without some more information.

I mean sometimes they just don't find anything to do if no other sim is around or they don't find an interesting object to interact with. With this mod it could be a little more the case than normal because I am also tuning the object uses to fit better with their mood (if that is the case I will make a version without object use tuning for release) but in a "normal" household (meaning more than one sim and/or some objects to have fun with) I have never seen that.

Anybody else?
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FlorianPTME
You mean with this mod or in general? I have never had that. Maybe a conflict in some mods you have? Pretty hard to answer without some more information.

I mean sometimes they just don't find anything to do if no other sim is around or they don't find an interesting object to interact with. With this mod it could be a little more the case than normal because I am also tuning the object uses to fit better with their mood (if that is the case I will make a version without object use tuning for release) but in a "normal" household (meaning more than one sim and/or some objects to have fun with) I have never seen that.

Anybody else?

Yeah it's with the mod, I have quite a few others:

- Cowplant 5x lifetime
- cslargerhousehold25
-Dave88_NPC's_PhoneInteraction_Both
egureh_workstudyhardx2.5
-menuenabler
-inteen
- kai maid for you
- mdina-smallmosaic
-largerinteractionqueue
-toiletshowerbath_preference
- faster_gardening
mustluvcatz_indoor outdoor carpet
-no instant upgrade delay
-electronics basegame feetpring
-electronics bagegame placement
- multiple bffs
- improvedlightingv4
- lessfrequentnpcpushups
- zerbu date changes formal
- zerbu - date changes party

Script Mods:
Realistic bills
no relationship decay
change outfit after work
variable default relationships
always testing

i have removed all mods and tried with just your mod and still get the same thing. When i remove the mod all together, i have to move the family in and out for it too reset back to normal..

its very strange??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:36 PM
Well, I have the new version installed and it's working fine for me and I have never heard that. Maybe it's a conflict with another mod but I don't know without testing it and I won't be able to cross reference every XML file with every mod you are using. You can try to merge all your mods using S4PE as it is mentioned in the post. Also, if you like you can send me a save game file so I can reproduce the problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:43 PM
Thank you! I really love your idea :)
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:45 PM
Well, I have the new version installed and it's working fine for me and I have never heard that. Maybe it's a conflict with another mod but I don't know without testing it and I won't be able to cross reference every XML file with every mod you are using. You can try to merge all your mods using S4PE as it is mentioned in the post. Also, if you like you can send me a save game file so I can reproduce the problem.

Hi Thanks for your help, i have uploaded the files for you, let me know if you need anything else.. I will try package all the mods together and see if that works... i might try play without any mods as well see if it's base game.. and then start the mod trouble shooting phase..

Can you please let me know if you can reproduce it??
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  saves.7z (1.42 MB, 9 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:02 PM
That should be enough for now. I'll have a look right away.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#92 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:48 PM
@weebl_101: While I can totally see the problem I don't think it is related to my mod. Here is why (and please try to reproduce the exact same steps so you know what I mean):

First test...

- I disabled not only my mod but all I have.
- Then I moved your family to a totally *new* home.
- Everything is fine, everybody is using the interior, chatting, having a good time.
- If I move them to an empty lot instead they instantly pull out their cell phones.

Second test...

- I enable all my mods including my own.
- I move them to a new home.
- Everything works fine (my mod is enabled).
- But it's a *different house*.

Third test (and this is the kicker)...

- I disable all my mods again and I even restarted my computer for that.
- I move your family to a new home.
- I move them back to your house.
- And then again with *no mods whatsoever* I get this strange behavior with no one talking to each other and basically doing nothing at all.

Why that is I have no idea. For some reason it seems to be connected to your large house with lots of empty spaces and nothing much to do (except for some rooms). If I initiate a conversation then the sims would talk. Otherwise they wouldn't. But again: I tested this with no mods at all and I even restarted my computer. So my guess is this is a super weird bug and probably something for the Maxis support and not related to my mod at all.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by weebl_101
Hi Thanks for your help, i have uploaded the files for you, let me know if you need anything else.. I will try package all the mods together and see if that works... i might try play without any mods as well see if it's base game.. and then start the mod trouble shooting phase..

Can you please let me know if you can reproduce it??

I just wanted to chime in here that I had the exact same problem, but not with this mod. I downloaded the "industrial warehouse" LOT, and anytime they were in that house autonomy turned off. Creator said she was having the some problem when she downloaded the house - she thought it might have been because she uploaded the house while her Sims were in it? Anyway, it's the house, not FlorianPTME's mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:04 PM
Thanks brytewolf that was also the feeling I got when I ran the tests. By the way, you've got mail with a special version for you to check out!
Field Researcher
#95 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:32 PM
@dtw: Yes, there was a bug before that caused just being in a relationship not having an impact at all. But that it was the second thing they did probably happened just out of chance. They still shouldn't go totally wild regarding WooHoo.[/QUOTE]

I was happy it happen right away, because then I knew it was working, Yes it only happen once while I was playing on that lot. Did see some play fighting going on at the community lots with my sims that I was not controlling during my play last night. On this lot that I tested, I have a comedian and she was able to make money at the community lots with v 0.06. Everything seem to be ok, expect a little weirdness when I call to meal, they keep getting up and moving places to eat at the outside table and an outside bench, not sure if it happens with a dinning room table or not, the lot I used to test is the little trailer in Oasis Springs so no room for a dinning table. It's not a big deal, just letting you know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:48 PM
@dtw: Could you maybe check if that happens only with the mod? Or can you provide me with a save game right before it happens? If I can reproduce it somehow then I can debug it. Unfortunately I don't have that issue here. I know it's not a big deal but if it's the mod I really like to get rid of it before release.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:41 PM
I am happy to report that while using the hardcore version of this...Alexander Goth proposed marriage to my founder sim's eldest daughter, completely unprompted by me. I was actually checking on the rest of my family members when I heard the chime for a major romantic interaction sound. I look around and see him down on one knee, holding out a ring, next thing I know, the daughter Autumn has said "yes". While not unhappy about this turn of events, Color me Speechless! I've only had this mod in my game for a couple hours. So, if you want truly random events in-game, Here's your Mod!! Thank You FlorianPTME for sharing this mod!! I love it! <3
Field Researcher
#98 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 1:03 AM
okay cool, I'll have to take a look myself and let you know some time. no promises on when though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:33 AM
This mod is going in my game! Thank you SO much!!!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 4:48 AM
@weebl_101: While I can totally see the problem I don't think it is related to my mod. Here is why (and please try to reproduce the exact same steps so you know what I mean):

First test...

- I disabled not only my mod but all I have.
- Then I moved your family to a totally *new* home.
- Everything is fine, everybody is using the interior, chatting, having a good time.
- If I move them to an empty lot instead they instantly pull out their cell phones.

Second test...

- I enable all my mods including my own.
- I move them to a new home.
- Everything works fine (my mod is enabled).
- But it's a *different house*.

Third test (and this is the kicker)...

- I disable all my mods again and I even restarted my computer for that.
- I move your family to a new home.
- I move them back to your house.
- And then again with *no mods whatsoever* I get this strange behavior with no one talking to each other and basically doing nothing at all.

Why that is I have no idea. For some reason it seems to be connected to your large house with lots of empty spaces and nothing much to do (except for some rooms). If I initiate a conversation then the sims would talk. Otherwise they wouldn't. But again: I tested this with no mods at all and I even restarted my computer. So my guess is this is a super weird bug and probably something for the Maxis support and not related to my mod at all.

Thank you, I will post it as a bug on the maxis forums and with crin.

Thanks again for testing, i was really looking forward to using your mod one thing though... When the mod did work, is there a way to reduce the amount sims hug?
Page 4 of 13