Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
So when is the judging? Just curious...
(also @Freya5, maybe consider using a smaller avatar picture? Yours takes up half the screen and shrinks the text window).

I know, just tell me how to do it and I will!

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freya5
I know, just tell me how to do it and I will!

Before you upload the image, shrink it to 100x100 pixels
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Sorry guys was going to post last night. Was just downloading the LAST judge's scores last night... About the time the breaker flipped. The computer crashed. The secondary hard drive got damaged. So I got a new one today, will attempt to put them up tonight on my daughter's but if not for sure after I get computer up and running tomorrow!

Oh noo! Hope you will get back very soon!
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:36 PM Last edited by MyWickedSims : 9th Oct 2018 at 4:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
So not just me having computer troubles today, then (though yours sound a lot worse than minme - my laptop has been gradually failing for the past half year or so). I was doing the winter picture (because I'm busy the next week or so), managed to take one picture ingame after decorating the lot, was just going to do a few minor changes to the composition, then the screen went black and my laptop restarted. I'm so glad I decided to take a picture before I changed anything, because otherwise I'd been really pissed off right now. I also saved most of the setup on the lot, so if I decide to do it over again I haven't lost everything. I really liked that setup...

I've been doing backups more frequently ever since my laptop started weirding out, so if it does die a horrible death sometime in the future, at least the losses won't be too hard. But I think it's about time I get a new one, since my first laptop had a similar blackout thing for a while too (eventually it wouldn't work even with the power cord). It's the second time in two play sessions this happens (possibly one or two times non-game related as well).

My old computer is luckily running but with its user flipping figuring out that it's not that easy to arrange good pictures. So here my failed attemps: I put the season to winter just to find out that the pond was not frozen and butterflies were around and I searched for a cheat to force some snow... well, next year I guess.. or next weekend!

Much luck to everyone!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hannahsim201999
Before you upload the image, shrink it to 100x100 pixels

Thank you so much hannahsim201999 I feel so stupid...

Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:07 PM Last edited by coolpengi10 : 10th Oct 2018 at 4:28 AM. Reason: Incorrect photo size/lost original photo
Default -Sims 4-
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#82 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MyWickedSims
My old computer is luckily running but with its user flipping figuring out that it's not that easy to arrange good pictures. So here my failed attemps: I put the season to winter just to find out that the pond was not frozen and butterflies were around and I searched for a cheat to force some snow... well, next year I guess.. or next weekend!

Much luck to everyone!

I've had some troubles with seasons/weather (it takes too much resources on my laptop, and I sometimes get pink-flashing on my other computer when there's deep snow on the lot, and now I don't dare to play on it beause there's possibly something wrong with the RAM slots and maybe the motherboard - the two computers decided to start failing roughly at the same time, of course ), so I don't use weather unless absolutely neccessary. I did my autumn picture while in ingame spring wiht weather off (only changed it to autumn last minute to change the light), and same with the winter picture I've already done (just waiting to post it) - I downloaded a bunch of wintery/snow recolors + snow ground covers. Works quite nicely, and except for the ground obviously not being ingame snow you can't really tell it's not winter in the picture because it looks quite wintery.

I use the weather controller from simswardrobe, where you can force weather and seasons on the lot if I do decide I need weather for something. I also have a "constant temperature" and "no weather" hack for when I don't want any weather besides spring, sun and comfy temperatures. My laptop doesn't like the skin overlays for freesing/sunburn, and the constant weather changes...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:46 AM Last edited by gdayars : 16th Oct 2018 at 3:48 AM.
Default Scores Fall Entry

Link Ninja
#84 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:52 AM
Default Winter - Sims 2
Seeing as the scores are in process of going up, I hope it's okay for me to post my Winter entry?

Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:13 AM

Uh is my score suppose to be there?
Link Ninja
#86 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:19 AM
^I think it's still being input or in the process of it, considering you were the first to submit and you are the only one whose name is in the post so far. It seems like gdayar has started but not finished

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:25 AM
@coolpengi10 your picture needs to be no smaller than 960 by 720 and sorry but brightening isn't allowed, only seasonal effects. For example, you may add fall leaves to your picture if you don't have in game or CC leaves.

@Charmful I am not sure if winter shots are allowed yet.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#88 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:28 AM
@joandsarah77 - if they are I will keep it up, if they are not I will delete that post and re-post it. Since you are not sure, I will keep it for now until Gina confirms, thanks!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:03 AM
Fall in now closed.

No more fall pictures, please. Only those who have entered before this post will be on the fall board.

gdayars is sorry about the scores. She was in the the middle of them when her computer froze. let's cross our fingers that Gina gets her computer troubles sorted out quickly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:18 AM Last edited by gdayars : 10th Oct 2018 at 3:31 AM.
You can share @Freelala you just can't submit it I can't do anything ATM freaking storm came up in the middle of my repair job.good news is most of my stuff that was REALLY important got saved. However I will have to finish the scores after the storm. As you can tell I had it started.
Top Secret Researcher
#91 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:04 AM
Hi all- apologies to the judges and hosts. I thought we had more time from when the contest was announced. Anyway, I know this is late, so please consider it an application for my next three, on time, entries. Please let this fall entry remain unscored. Thanks.

Halloween is scary!!! TS3

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:37 AM
You can share @Freelala you just can't submit it I can't do anything ATM freaking storm came up in the middle of my repair job.good news is most of my stuff that was REALLY important got saved. However I will have to finish the scores after the storm. As you can tell I had it started.

Thanks boss. It's my own fault for not paying more attention. I was so excited when I saw this contest, and I didn't make time for it right away like I should have - and then I got hung up on not having exactly the right CC so I downloaded a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't even use. Anyway, good luck, everyone! I'll be cheering from the sidelines!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#93 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:38 AM
@coolpengi10 yah, you did it! You will be added to the fall chart.

@attuned Sorry you missed out, but playalongs are great too and you can certainly get on next rounds chart.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:47 AM
@hannahsim201999 and @w_sims @Kestin @simmer22 @rosy-daylight your pictures are also oversized. Everyone please note that pictures cannot be over 800kbs. If you upload png's it's very likely to be well over 1000kbs, changing it to jpg should fix that issue. So please check your pictures, especially if you uploaded png's. Simply right-click your picture, select view image info and look at the size.

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#95 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:01 AM
And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling judges. Well, it loses a little bit of definition, but only if you're looking reeeeeally closely. Should I replace the picture in my original post or upload the .jpg version in a new post?
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:08 AM
Now it is the right size
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#97 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling judges. Well, it loses a little bit of definition, but only if you're looking reeeeeally closely. Should I replace the picture in my original post or upload the .jpg version in a new post?

Lol nope. I was helping someone else here get the right size and decided to check through the thread. TskTsk. :P

Please if you can all edit your pictures. The reason for the 800kbs size limit is to do with how the site runs and in turn will affect how fast this thread and the pictures load up.

Thank you hannahsim201999

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#98 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:38 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Oct 2018 at 9:49 AM.
If the picture is uploaded via picture host (not at MTS) does that count? The one actually shown in my post is via host.
I had some troubles getting the picture I uploaded under 800kb without losing detail or size, I think it was 818 kb or some such, so it's pretty close..
EDIT: Got it down below 800 by sizing down just a bit.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:39 AM
Hi! With computer breakdowns and storms, I really admire you keeping this contest going! I saw @coolpengi10 was added to the contest, so I guess I am too? As I posted on page 3 a few hours before her? I suppose everything's OK with the picture sizewise, or just tell me and I'll fix it! I resized it on Paint, so it lost really a lot in definition... Promise the next seasons will be up in time *crossing fingers*

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#100 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:30 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Oct 2018 at 8:12 AM.
@Freya5 Most times if you use a screenshot program then change it to a jpg you should not need to resize or mess around with it. I would not use paint. I use fastStone to change all my BMP shots to jpgs. Does them in one big batch over a matter of seconds. Yours is only 258kb. It might have been overlooked with everything going on.

~Call me Jo~

Page 4 of 14