Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 to TS3: The Casual Hair - Now with Moar Edits!

by tyirannoss Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 4:40 PM - Updated 24th Jan 2010 at 8:24 AM by tyirannoss : Screenshots

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:04 PM
I LOVE this. All this game needs anymore are NORMAL hair styles that aren't already there. This fits the bill perfectly. Whether it's from TS2, or anywhere else, I couldn't have enough of hair styles like this.

It's just nice to know somebody is still creating content for the normal human beings out there like me (sounds funny, but it's true). Thank you and well done!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:07 PM
It's always exciting to check the hair section and find something new and cool. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:00 AM
Yay, no more eyeballs poked out by hair gel!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Forum Resident
#29 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:45 AM
THANK YOU ! Really. I can't say that enough.

I am so tired of all my male sims having to use the same couple of normal hairstyles, because the rest either make them look like they dunked their hair in a bucketful of hair gel, or causes them to resemble an electrified powder puff.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:26 AM
THANKS, THANKS, THANKS a billion!!!!

This is what my simself always wore in TS2! THANX!

youve done fantastic!!!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:56 AM
Thank you! Awsome work! I can't wait for more.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 10:54 AM
it's great! One of the most used hairstyles.
More TS2 converts

There is always someone better.

and thats me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:03 AM
Hey guys, I recommend you keep an eye on this thread as I plan to be updating it. Menaceman44 has offered a fixed control (so the roots aren't broken) and I'm going to be fixing the LODs as lower detailed versions of this hair have a hole in the back (just for low detail, I promise). Also I'm working on child/toddler versions as we speak.

That Planet Earth turns Slowly
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:51 AM
i love this :0) yes like people are askin are you going to make more conversions of the maxis hair to sims3 cos some of their styles were cool

great job on the conversion
Scholar
#35 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:09 PM
This was among my favorite TS2 hair...thank you!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:31 PM
Thanks for this great hair. Also, your model is cute. Can you upload him?
Theorist
#37 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:50 PM
I love it thank you
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:08 PM
Aww man, Fantastic! Was so hoping some of the normal guy hairs from Sims 2 would make an apearance! Your the best!
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 10:40 PM
Thank you for this hair... needed something nice and sensible.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#40 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 3:42 AM
Oh. My. Goodness.
Some more NORMAL male hair. Thank you so much for converting this!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 11:14 AM
Well Alle-Freakin'-Lujah!

Somebody finally made some decent hair for the Sims 3 males! Thanks a ton, man, because apparently making normal hair for men is next to bloody impossible for this game.

Take a clue modders such as Peggy(and EA themselves!)- THIS is what we need more of - common hairstyles - not that elaborate freaky stuff we keep seeing. Stop trying to be amazing and inventive - make hair that looks good on people!

I couldn't care less about the roots issue - This hair is golden.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 10:40 PM
Awesome!
Thank you very much! A normal hair download for men only. Not another weird looking unisex style that seem to be prevelant for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#43 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 3:34 PM
I would like more TS2 hairs for TS3, OK???
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:05 PM
Ookay! Roots are fixed with better LODs. This isn't a necessary update for those who have already downloaded, but it's helpful as people with lower specs will have a better hair... in theory.

That Planet Earth turns Slowly
Test Subject
#45 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:49 PM
This was my favorite hairstyle in Sims2, I can't wait to try it, it looks awesome! :D
Scholar
#46 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:29 AM
This hair is finally what tempted me to take a gamble on my game's stability and re-install the modding framework I had taken out when I got World Adventures...just so I could have this hair back in my freakin' game. I'm off to see if my game explodes now, LOL! But just had to stop and and tell you it was just a little simple thing like this that finally tempted me go back to CC in package file format. The suckage of available male hairs for Sims3 is too sad for words. Thanks for giving us back an EA hair that served us well and was sorely missed! I was tired of my men looking like hedgehogs if I wanted short hair on them.
Test Subject
#47 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 4:44 PM
great conversion! Happy to see a conversion of male hair for a change

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 8:06 PM
YYYYYEEEESSSSSSSS, thank you so so much. :D
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 11:35 AM
nice job just would love to see the long pony tail from sims 2 converted. the one in sims 3 looks more like a female hair job the a guys. if you can do it i would be really grateful. and again great job cause ea goofed alot with what they addedin and now the gamers have to fix it.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:38 AM
I almost never used this hair in TS2, but considering the current selection of hair in TS3... Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Page 2 of 4