Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED 3-5-18] Simulation Lag Fix updated for 1.40

by duderocks Posted 10th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 9:15 AM by duderocks : updated for 1.40

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 114 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 14
Scholar
#176 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Then don't use version 1.9 because it won't work with your game due to the patch level. You should really update though, EA fixed some important bugs. Granted they made new ones but then they fixed those. Twice. LOL. I can understand not wanting to update, but what I do is wait a little bit after a patch is released to see what it breaks, then wait for EA to release a couple more patches fixing what they broke, then I update once they are done. LOL. It seems to be a good method for me. But it's your game, you just have to be careful mod wise because people will release updated mods for the latest patch level, and you don't want to download those as it won't work right with the previous patch level you are on.

You can postpone TS4 updates and still play? How do you do that?
Top Secret Researcher
#177 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
You can postpone TS4 updates and still play? How do you do that?

It's a setting in origin. You can do it with origin updates too. Go to origin->application settings->application and scroll down to the client update section. It's called "Automatic game updates" and click the green button to turn it off. To turn off auto origin updates click the green button next to "Automatically update Origin". The button should turn gray.
Test Subject
#178 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM
Thanks for your help. Really cool.

I think updating the game or not is a choice.
When you use 150 mods, it's always a risk to update the game.

And when you begin to have bugs and last exception error messages, good luck to check all your 150 mods to find which one is no more compatible.
So yes, that's a choice. Do I want a stable modded game or do I want to frequently update my game ?
Test Subject
#179 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
While I advise updating when you can, you can use version 1.6, which is the most stable version pre-C&D patch

Updates... Updates... Marketing... Business... A way to keep customers under control
Anyway thank you ! Will try the version 1.6.
Scholar
#180 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:48 PM
It's a setting in origin. You can do it with origin updates too. Go to origin->application settings->application and scroll down to the client update section. It's called "Automatic game updates" and click the green button to turn it off. To turn off auto origin updates click the green button next to "Automatically update Origin". The button should turn gray.

This has to be new then, because before if you didn't update, you would not be able to start TS4. Omg this saves me a lot of troubleshooting then for someone else, thanks!
Test Subject
#181 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:46 AM
Thanks this mod Helps. After the new patch the game improved a lot. But still had small lags which this mod fixes.
I Also learned to keep testing cheats off. It causes lots of lag and lastException freezes.

Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
This has to be new then, because before if you didn't update, you would not be able to start TS4. Omg this saves me a lot of troubleshooting then for someone else, thanks!

For me I also had to put Origin in Offline mode. It would not start game if it new there was a update. Auto Update just stops it from auto downloading and installing.
Top Secret Researcher
#182 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tallman
Thanks this mod Helps. After the new patch the game improved a lot. But still had small lags which this mod fixes.
I Also learned to keep testing cheats off. It causes lots of lag and lastException freezes.

For me I also had to put Origin in Offline mode. It would not start game if it new there was a update. Auto Update just stops it from auto downloading and installing.

That's weird I've never had to go in offline mode when there's a patch. *shrugs*
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:31 AM
Awesome. Thanks. Does anyone know if this conflicts with MCCC? I use it for (oh, so much) lengthening the sim day.
Top Secret Researcher
#184 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjonewell1977
Awesome. Thanks. Does anyone know if this conflicts with MCCC? I use it for (oh, so much) lengthening the sim day.

It works for me with mccc but I haven't messed with the days in mccc so I can't confirm it works with that function. But I don't get any last exception files from using the two together.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 11:52 PM
it's giving me continues error report using with mccc hotfix then my game will kind of not responding if I open the notification in game. at least i think it's conflicting with mccc.
Field Researcher
#186 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:36 AM
It seems MCCC v4 is not working with this. Also, once updating to v4 the game's been lagging again. They're clearly incompatible.
Top Secret Researcher
#187 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
It seems MCCC v4 is not working with this. Also, once updating to v4 the game's been lagging again. They're clearly incompatible.

Hmm it's working fine for me, I have updated versions of both mods and no issues.
Field Researcher
#188 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:46 AM
Hmm it's working fine for me, I have updated versions of both mods and no issues.

Last night I got some last exceptions from both mods in, when I removed this the game ran smoother, but then I started to get a ton more last exceptions and a boatload of lagging, so I've no idea what's going on. MCCC maybe isn't compatible with up-to-date versions of the game? Hm. My changes to settings don't work. I'm sorry, it's probably not this mod that's the problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#189 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:14 AM
After I diactivated Pets addon in Origin, the lag has gone. All works fine again with this mod now. I am using WW and MCCC 4 and tons of mods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#190 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:59 AM
I use MCCC 4.0 with this mod and no problems with them. Any LEs might be either to 1. another mod conflict, or 2. EA bugs (pretty certain there is a bug re. parties/social events)
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 5:58 AM
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:56 AM
should i use the latest version? my game is up to date, but i don't own C&D.
Instructor
#193 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:39 AM
Does this work with 1.37?
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:02 AM
lag is back after updating game to version 1.37.35.1010. :'(
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:07 AM
I think it's broken again. Sims were sitting around before they would go ahead and do what was in their action queue.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:29 PM Last edited by fewlines : 20th Dec 2017 at 4:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
I think it's broken again. Sims were sitting around before they would go ahead and do what was in their action queue.

i see them stand around doing nothing way too often again. before the patch, the mod worked fine, as usual. there is a bit in the lastException file that reads: "File "clayifiedsims_simulationfix.py", line 23, in update &#10".
Test Subject
#197 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:24 PM Last edited by radiodj39 : 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:25 PM. Reason: add
Default Lagging
I was playing last night and it was some serious lag. My employees in my store and even my playable sims would just stand there like they were frozen for a long time. And my retail employee I had set to ring up customers never moved at all, even after 2 Sim hours. I have the latest patch from a few days ago.
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 5:51 PM
broken?
Field Researcher
#199 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:42 PM
yea, this was giving last exception files, too. My sims were just standing doing nothing x.x
Test Subject
#200 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:57 PM
ahhhh as soon as my game works fine then it's another problem, this lag makes my game unnnnplayableee.
Page 8 of 14