Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

642 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#126 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:39 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:57 AM.
Please see above - I thought it was working but got the error after a few minutes. Sorry. As I said, please check your settings when exporting from Blender.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#127 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 3:49 AM
Thanks for your help Cmar. It helped me track down the male robe issue.
Turns out I need to turn on the option to leave the vertex order unchanged on IMPORT as well as EXPORT in Blender.
Why I only ran into this issue on the male robe is anyone's guess. But it's working now!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#128 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stylate
Thanks for your help Cmar. It helped me track down the male robe issue.
Turns out I need to turn on the option to leave the vertex order unchanged on IMPORT as well as EXPORT in Blender.
Why I only ran into this issue on the male robe is anyone's guess. But it's working now!

Good! As I recall from my experiments with Blender (which I don't normally use) setting it on import wasn't necessary but maybe it's only needed in certain cases for meshes that for whatever reason Blender imports with changes to the vertex order, which would explain why the other meshes worked for you but not this one. I'll have to do more testing and update my instructions.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#129 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 6:48 AM
Hello CmarNYC.. firstly..you are my hero for all your great creation.
but I have a question.
Is it possible to make a slider or preset with Bones like Sims 3?
I hope you understand what I mean.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#130 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zenobia
Hello CmarNYC.. firstly..you are my hero for all your great creation.
but I have a question.
Is it possible to make a slider or preset with Bones like Sims 3?
I hope you understand what I mean.

Yes. MorphMaker has support for bone delta morphs built in.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:01 PM
thank you very much for your answer <3 now I need a better brain I'm so stupid for such things ^^ maybe comes a small tutorial for this in the future
Test Subject
#132 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 8:08 AM
Sorry for this silly question, but I was following your tutorial on how to make sliders. Making a jaw slider. And during the process where I have to clone a HotSpotControl, it says; No controls were selected. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here? :S
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 8:09 AM
Oh my gosh, how about I open the window fully and click the box I'm so sorry. It's working, thank you for this wonderful opportunity!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#134 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tessiellation
Oh my gosh, how about I open the window fully and click the box I'm so sorry. It's working, thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

LOL, no problem. Personally I ALWAYS find the solution to a problem 30 seconds after I've posted asking for help. :D

Test Subject
#135 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 2:35 AM
Can this tool make sliders for the Wicked Whims Mod mesh? Your original mesh with sliders is now incompatible with the updated Wicked whims mod.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#136 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jh3nry
Can this tool make sliders for the Wicked Whims Mod mesh? Your original mesh with sliders is now incompatible with the updated Wicked whims mod.

According to the Wicked Whims documentation, any mesh that's adjustable in CAS is not compatible. I don't know what's involved in making a compatible mesh.

Test Subject
#137 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 9:30 PM
Hey cmar, first of all a huge thank you for this great tool! =)

And now to my problem. I'm working on a size slider for dogs (first for the large sims dog) and I've tried to create also a back length preset/slider for (large) dogs. But I ran into a problem and it might be the same one for both sliders/presets. Both have only BONDs (no DMaps or BGEOs). I think it's better visible on the longer back slider, so here're some pics. I've only linked them, because I uploaded the full size.
Here's a picture of the EA dog without my preset.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/5ec038b...v3z443_1280.png
And here's the same dog with my preset.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/968b2d9...v3z443_1280.png
It seems like the legs/paws are fixed on a certain point, so they don't leave their position/they stay always there. The preset of the back length includes 'b__Spine1__', 'b__Spine2__' and 'b__Spine3__'. I only used an offset of 'y = 0,02' for each bone.

I got a similar problem on my size slider. This slider includes four bones ('b__ROOT__', 'b__ROOT_bind__', 'b__Pelvis__' and 'b__Spine0__') and some values (scale + offset).
First a picture of the larger sized dog. From the side it looks quite good (or it's at least what I'm thinking).
https://66.media.tumblr.com/8cbbaa0...v3z443_1280.png
But from front view I got a 'V'-shape from paws to head (especially in contrast to the 'base' EA dog).
https://66.media.tumblr.com/3fe4110...v3z443_1280.png
Here's the 'base' EA dog from front view.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0c9b4a1...v3z443_1280.png
And I got an opposite shape (a bit like an 'A') for making the dog smaller.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/84fe37d...v3z443_1280.png

And last but not least I tested them separately. And I've also tested them as slider and as preset (with the same isssue).
If it's easier for you, I can also send you a link to the .package files or post more detailed pictures which you can compare better or more information or whatever you need.
If you could help, I'd be incredible happy! =) So, already a thank you in advance!
Idk where's the problem or if I missed an important bone or whatever it is. I've also created some sliders for TS3, so I know the procedure at least a bit. I've also compared my new TS4 sliders with similar looking TS3 sliders, but I've no idea how to fix the legs/paws. I never ran into this problem in TS3 but probably it can't be compared...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#138 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 10:18 PM
I'm not really an expert on bone morphs unfortunately. One thing I know is that scaling height in human Sims is extremely difficult to get right and involves a lot of work and experimentation, and it makes sense that scaling animals may involve the same problems. Also it's possible that the paws are anchored and you might not be able to do much about that.

Have you tried to move the paws in your morph?

Test Subject
#139 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by SonnyRex : 8th Dec 2018 at 11:12 PM.
Thank you, cmar, for the fast response!
Yes, I know that and I've experimented a few hours on that problem.

I've tried to resize the dog by using the DMaps (I know they aren't suitable for resizing) and then I've no problem with the legs/paws but I got weird ears, eyes and tails. xD The only good looking part was the body including the proportions. I can also upload a screenshot for you, maybe it'll help?
EDIT: I've uploaded screenshots.
https://sonny-im-netz.de/images/sims/dmap_side.png & https://sonny-im-netz.de/images/sims/dmap_front.png
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#140 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 11:14 PM
Another possibility might be to combine a bone and DMap morph, bones to scale the body and a DMap to adjust the feet since it seemed for work for that part.

Test Subject
#141 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 11:21 PM
Okay, then I'll think about how I could combine them without getting any effect doubled. For the size slider I could try to adjust only the distance between the legs/paws in the DMap. That seems like a possible idea which I should get done in Blender. I'll let you know if it works. Hopefully it will. =)
Test Subject
#142 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:07 AM
I've a quick and short update. I've tried it because I can't wait to test it out, I was super excited. xD
I had tried to combine my old DMap with the BOND before, but I didn't thought about your idea to only use the DMap to adjust the BOND. lol - maybe I had not the needed distance...
My quick result is attached below.
I made some fast changes in Milkshape (because I didn't know what's exactly needed) and I didn't thought that it'll already look so good.^^
I'll adjust the changes soon more precise but I see already the wanted and needed changes! =)
Thank you, cmar! For now, my problem is solved.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#143 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 2:19 AM
That's looking really good! 😁

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 11:32 AM
Hello! Thank you for awesome program. Is there a way to use it from command line? Like pointing all the options for creating package and all the files needed in command line options, and getting .package file automatically?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#145 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Renha
Hello! Thank you for awesome program. Is there a way to use it from command line? Like pointing all the options for creating package and all the files needed in command line options, and getting .package file automatically?

Sorry, no, there's no command line interface.

Test Subject
#146 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:35 AM
Can fantasy ear shapes that were made into accessories before this tool be made into sliders now?
Test Subject
#147 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:25 AM Last edited by Len11999 : 31st Dec 2018 at 7:37 AM.
Hi! I love this tool but I'm having issues when creating DMaps. For Male sims, I'll make my base slider for the skintight mesh, and I'll make it again for the robe mesh, but when I try to create the DMaps with the robe mesh it says that the meshes are not aligned. I need to make a custom robe mesh because the slider deforms clothes too much in game. Once it gives the error progress on making the DMaps stops. I just wanted to know if you knew about this, if I might be doing something wrong, or if there is a solution? Thank you!
(EDIT: the exact words in the program are "The Base and the morph mesh faces do not match!"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#148 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Len11999
Hi! I love this tool but I'm having issues when creating DMaps. For Male sims, I'll make my base slider for the skintight mesh, and I'll make it again for the robe mesh, but when I try to create the DMaps with the robe mesh it says that the meshes are not aligned. I need to make a custom robe mesh because the slider deforms clothes too much in game. Once it gives the error progress on making the DMaps stops. I just wanted to know if you knew about this, if I might be doing something wrong, or if there is a solution? Thank you!
(EDIT: the exact words in the program are "The Base and the morph mesh faces do not match!"

Yes, someone else had this happen with Blender, which seems to be changing the number of faces or vertices with the male robe mesh. I have to see if I can figure out a better solution, but in the meantime you can import the base into Blender, export it unchanged as your new base, then modify it to make the morph mesh. If you've already put work into the morph you can try importing and exporting the base now and at least in theory the Blender-export should match your morph.

Does that make sense?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 11:56 PM
Hey again, I've tried to modify program to accept command line arguments for batch making, but I'm failed even in compiling it %) Don't know how to add s4pi and other non-default libraries for example. Do you have some kind of readme file somewhere?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#150 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Renha
Hey again, I've tried to modify program to accept command line arguments for batch making, but I'm failed even in compiling it %) Don't know how to add s4pi and other non-default libraries for example. Do you have some kind of readme file somewhere?

There's no readme. The easiest way to include the libraries is to download the executable - the s4pi and any other libraries used by the program are in the folder as .dll files. Just reference them in your project.

Page 6 of 26