Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 4:01 PM
Default Spawning celebrities and custom skins
I recently had to reset my computer, and so, decided to reinstall The Sims 1, and many mods.

Previously, I had no issue in installing custom High Fashion, and even made some custom high fashion outfits using downloaded formal and everyday wear and converted them to high fashion. Even a few celebrities would spawn in these outfits. This time, however, it crashes when generating new celebrities, and according to the Sims wiki site, this is caused by the game trying to assign a custom skin to a celebrity, and its recommendation is to simply remove them when generating new celebrities and add them back in afterwards. I removed them, and replaced them with the SkinsBuy folder I created as a backup, but it still crashes on creating celebrities.

First of all, is there a way to fix this so celebrities can spawn in custom skins as they did before in my games, and if not, is there a way to easily remove and readd high fashion outfits? What causes it to crash?

The ironic thing is previously, I was lazy and would just unpack all downloaded files in all sections (downloads, objects, skins, skinsbuy etc) but this time I've been organised and installed each thing in its correct folder.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 5:59 PM
Further working out finds that it does allow celebrities to spawn with custom skins, so I'm wondering what causes the crashes?

Does it require that the skin has all three tones? i.e, does the celebrity spawner choose a mesh first, then the texture and if the mesh doesn't have a texture for that skin tone it crashes?

Or is it that ALL of the files need to be changed to h#, including the xskin which many modders leave as b# for other clothing categories?
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 11:12 AM
:-? I do not know about this thing that you are trying to do , but try taking out your downloads out of the nested folders.
I know kind of silly, I had a recent problem with some files not being seen inside the nested folder that I had to take out, and some creators require you either to take them out, put them in there own special content folder (ie downloads>creator>content>) , or not at all for them to work.
Good Luck & Happy Simming

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.