Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ceramic Art Workstation original and advanced Edition (Edit 07-02-01 New cloning policy)

by Nadira Posted 7th Oct 2006 at 9:27 AM - Updated 23rd Dec 2007 at 2:23 PM by Nadira : Workstation - easier unpacking of original version

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 1:19 AM
Wow, this is awesome! I will definitely add this one to my game. I'm so glad you included so many color choices! Thank you!
Quote:
awesome. now i have something new to sell. i was getting so boring with all the old Maxis stuff, as no downloads will sit on the shelves - *bleh* . i wonder if there's a hack for that??? *goes off to look*

igloolik, there is indeed a mod for this by Numenor; here's the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137561

Also you can use SimPE to fix the files yourself....it's relatively painless

Thanks again!
Suzanne
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 2:55 AM
This is amazing, you two have creative minds and I am so happy that you decided to release it for all of us. I shall say this is so wonderful what you did and how you did it. I am happy to say that this is the best thing for our shops. I so wanted to have a pottery shop and now it can all come true.
Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 3:17 AM
SUPER COOL!! I've wanted more craftable objects that build skills. This should so be featured. Great work please keep it up. Thank You

IT TAKES BLOOD AND GUTS TO BE THIS COOL
BUT I`M STILL JUST A CLICHE
-Skunk Anansie
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 5:37 AM
this is featured in my heart!
i've been missing sitting on a pottery wheel, but now my self sims can make vases until i get my own.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

litte miss apocalypse
why can't you be a little more miraculous?
... a little less disasterous?
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 6:54 AM
Thanks to you and your husband !!!
It works perfectly for me and it's very usefull. My sims love it
So... go on for new staff... I'm waiting... cheers
Instructor
#31 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 8:18 PM
What a nice idea!
Thank you both for this great object!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Scholar
#32 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:19 AM
fabulous idea
i look forward to using it
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 5:03 AM
Thanks! I can't wait to try it in game! I've been wishing for something along the lines of this for a while.

I played the PS2 version in between computers and have been missing the slab-o-marble that sims carved into statues!

Thanks again!

Fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get invloved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" - He was quite cheery untill the iocane powder took effect...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 11:23 PM Last edited by igloolik : 13th Oct 2006 at 4:54 PM.
I've been playing with this for awhile and I love it, the vases are beautiful, but I would have preferred to be able to choose which color I want to paint the vase. Otherwise, restocking becomes difficult, since it has to be the same design and color. But, I really just wanted to say that after playing it, I still like it. lol.
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 2:02 PM
I am unable to find it. I look in hobbies-creative and I can't find it in res or comm. I have uni, nightlife, and OFB. Was I supposed to put everything in the download folder? I made a sub folder in downloads. I would love to be able to use this. Please help. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Nadira : 10th Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igloolik
i've been playing with this for awhile and i lo9ve it, the vases are beautiful, but i would have preferred to be able to choose which color i want to paint the vase. otherwise, restocking becomes difficult, since it has to be the same design and color. but, i really just wanted to say that after playing it, i still like it. lol.

igloolik, I know about that problem and I am not happy about it (I do run a vase shop myself). It could be solved by putting in a second stop into the crafting process before the painting process starts and then add 16 pie menue options with a colour description to chose (no pictures, I cannot manage that yet) and add the following 3 BHAVs which govern the painting process 16 times (which makes 48 BHAVs), since I cannot write functions as elegantly as Maxis does......! So I decided against that way that would have made the number of BHAVs explode, also in consideration that with the easel too you cannot choose a definite painting (except when taking a snapshot).

Mainly the problem is caused because I had to use a different GUID for every single vase to make the workstation run as it does. It could be solved more easily by being able to call recolours from inside a BHAV, but that is beyond my simple programmers knowledge. In fact some time ago I posted a question how that is done in the creators section but unluckily with no result .

EDIT: Put it in for your pleasure as advEdition! It was easier than I had thought and it needed only 27 BHAV´s to be added!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jncjmr
I am unable to find it. I look in hobbies-creative and I can't find it in res or comm. I have uni, nightlife, and OFB. Was I supposed to put everything in the download folder? I made a sub folder in downloads. I would love to be able to use this. Please help. Thank you.

There should not be a problem using a subfolder in the downloadfolder. I do that myself (and I have even used subsubfolders without problems).
Perhaps there was some problem with unpacking? You should check your folder - there should be a total number of 24 package files, one is the Ceramic Art Workstation which appears under hobby-creativity, the others are vases.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:37 AM
Yowza!

This is perfect. I've got it downloaded & waiting for the inevitable uninstall/re-install that I go through with every EP. I even have the perfect Sim in mind to be my potter.

Many thanks to you & your husband.
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 11:29 AM
Thank you very much for answering. I downloaded again today and will reinstall. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 9:00 PM
I love this! Fabulous, fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work!

Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 12:31 PM
I have it and I love it. Thank you very much. I did not unpack completely. (Not use to rar.) Thank you again. They are beautiful.
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 6:37 PM
Thank you so much! What a great idea!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:51 AM
I would have given you 15 stars, had that been possible.
5 stars for the great idea.
5 stars for the persistence.
5 stars for the final result.
IMO, this should be featured.
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 9:03 AM
I'd really like to see this be a potters wheel instead of a table. Maybe some more vase choices later on and more colors too, but other than that it is a fantastic mod. Glad some folks are making these alternative stations. Wish some one would right a tutorial I'd like to make the old potion and pizza station from Sims online
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:37 AM
I love it. It works beautifully in the game. I love the options to color or design it. Your story is quite remarkable and it was nice of you to share the story. It adds an endearing quality to the object. Thank you to you and your husband for an ingenious idea and the tough yet wonderful execution of it. Looking forward to more of your ideas.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:05 AM
This is suspiciously like Carrigon's pottery makers.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:02 AM
Excellent Job! Thank You .
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:46 AM
Woohoo! you're featured! Congrats, you and the hubby deserve it!
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:47 AM
this is impressive for a beginner. i bet this took forever to do. it just shows what a person can do with a little determination.

thank you for making it.

"nothing spectacular"
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 5:37 AM
Yay !!!! Congrats on getting featured
Page 2 of 5