Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ceramic Art Workstation original and advanced Edition (Edit 07-02-01 New cloning policy)

by Nadira Posted 7th Oct 2006 at 9:27 AM - Updated 23rd Dec 2007 at 2:23 PM by Nadira : Workstation - easier unpacking of original version

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 8:23 AM
This seems very neat.

I'll download it and try it out as soon as I can!

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#52 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:11 AM
WOW...I totally missed this incredible upload when you first posted it. Absolutely fabulous work ***** Thank you

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:14 AM
Wicked now i can have my flower shop with lovely vase in it as well for sims to buy or admire thanks so much for this

In The Dead Of Night When U Dream Im Waiting There In The Shadows For My chance To Love You.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 11:27 AM
This is so awesome...just wanted to tell you what a great job and great idea this was!! Unfortunately I can't use it as I do not have University. Any plans for a version for OFB only (and NL) compatible?

Congratulations on being featured...you deserve it.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:44 PM
Default Please tell me what i'm doing wrong!
I have downloaded both rar files and the table shows up in my game, when i click on it it says buy raw materials £35, when i ok that, my sim will go across to it, £35 will dissapear from my account but nothing appears or happens!

What am i doing wrong?
Alchemist
#56 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:28 PM
Very happy that you've been featured, you deserve it, this add on is very useful. My sims are using it and the vases are really beautyful, and - last but not least - the refined and coloured vase price is also convenient when sims sell it, at the moment or in a business. Thank you again, to you and your husband. kiss and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 6:11 PM
Brilliant...simply brilliant! Tired of the clothing store...sold it...now on to one of my checklist dreams of things to do before the age of 60...pottery making.
Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:21 PM
Default Wow! Wow! Wow!
I just wanted to say thank you so much!!!!
I've been longing for this since I bought Sims 2.

Thank you so much for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xylune
This is suspiciously like Carrigon's pottery makers.

In looks only. I have both, and while Carrigon's is great, this one actually requires the Sim to do something, and s/he learns skills. The pots are totally different as well.

Plus, it functions well with the add-ons... I get Pets today, but I don't anticipate any problems. Thanks for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#60 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 5:29 AM
This item is beyond words. Thanks to you and your incredibly supportive hubby both for enriching the game with this wonderful object.
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:17 PM
Its perfect! I love it. It works perfect in connection with the flower station. Flowers and potted Vases in one shop. And it seems as if "Nightlife" isn't required. I only got OFB and Uni and it works without any problem. - but it had to say that it isn't checked with all vases, my sim only got mechanical at level 4 oder 5.....

Who ever finds a typing misstake could keep it - nobody is perfect.
And sorry, my English is not perfect. As I am German, I try as good as I could.
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 1:39 PM
Great work!! I am taking ceramics classes IRL and I wanted to create a studio for my7 sims!!
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 9:25 PM
This is a way to make real money,I have it in every bussiness lot,when my sims are loosing money,they just have to make some vases and sell them.Thank you for a very good item!!!
Forum Resident
#64 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 6:52 PM
This is awsome! I was really hoping that someone would make a new type of crafting table ever since OFB first came out. Now I can make a sim that is a potter! Thanks!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:19 PM
Default Worked with OFB only
I had to give it a try. I dont have uni. Tested it completely with non skilled and fully skilled sims. Every vase and color worked and sold in my store.Restocked same color vase as you stated. Cant wait to give this to my grandaughter, a 13 year old simmer who depends on grandma for her custom content. Thankyou
Theorist
#66 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saladoor
I have downloaded both rar files and the table shows up in my game, when i click on it it says buy raw materials £35, when i ok that, my sim will go across to it, £35 will dissapear from my account but nothing appears or happens!

What am i doing wrong?

I just ran into this same problem, but I think I have it figured. When I put the stuff into my game, I just dropped the .rar files into the folder I'd made for it, then didn't realize when I extracted them, all but one (the adv station) are still in .rar files! LOL Double-check to make sure you've extracted all the files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I just ran into this same problem, but I think I have it figured. When I put the stuff into my game, I just dropped the .rar files into the folder I'd made for it, then didn't realize when I extracted them, all but one (the adv station) are still in .rar files! LOL Double-check to make sure you've extracted all the files.

Workstation original: To save space I packed every single item in a rar file and to make download easier for you I then combined them into one single rar file for downloading. So first you have to unpack the single rar file, then inside there are 24 rar files which all have to be unpacked too. You should end up with 23 package files for he vases and 1 package file that is the Workstation.
Workstation adv.ed.: As this one was added later for download, it is a single item (vases were no changed). But you definitely need the 23 vases from the Workstation original, otherwise it won´t work!

Hope your problem is solved!
Theorist
#68 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 8:20 PM
Nadira, thanks so much for this! It's such a fun object!

Once I figured out there were actually .rar files within the large .rar file it worked perfectly. I don't think it saves any space to compress the single files before putting them into another .rar file because files can't be compressed more than once.

One little thing I did notice, and maybe this isn't fixable, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Before the vase is painted, your sim can sell it, like they can a painting or object they've created on the OFB workshops. However, selling it doesn't fulfill their want for earning money. Once the pot has been painted, the option no longer appears to sell--you have to either sell it in Buy Mode or place it somewhere.

At any rate, this is a marvelous addition to my game, and both you and your hubby did a wonderful job of putting this together. You definitely have more tenacity and courage than I do.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:16 AM
aw, this looks so awesome, and i really want it, especially since you say it works with pets, but if it doesn't work with ffs, then i guess it still won't work with my game.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 12:55 PM
Wow!! This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I can imagine all the hard work you've put into this. It's beautiful... can't wait to try it. :D*Rah!*

'.'Samielle'.'
{.* http://simsfashionbarn.com/ *.}
**TSRAA Member**
"Don't let anynone steal your dreams"
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 1:12 AM
Thank you for this wonderful download....And your story behind it has inspired me to read the tutorial and try my hand at creating (I've always been scared to do this)....Thank you =)
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 9:18 AM
I just got it, I will let you know if any problems with this object.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 3:34 AM
My mind is boggling at the amount of effort you must have put into this. Hats off to you! I only have OFB and Pets so far, so unfortunately I can't give it a try yet.
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 4:19 AM
Wow.... this is brilliant. Downloading now :D.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (Douglas Adams)

Click here. I dare you.
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 11:49 PM
Love this thanks. I love Ceramic Art , i do my own at home. I cant wait to see how this works with upcoming ep seasons
Page 3 of 5