Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Widespot: An Inhabited Base Game Neighborhood

by Peni Griffin Posted 3rd Apr 2013 at 5:44 PM - Updated 9th Feb 2016 at 7:46 PM by Peni Griffin

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 6:05 PM
I love how you haven't filled Widespot with hideous CC characters. Kudos for that, Peni
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:13 AM
wow, great, just downloaded this yesterday and it is fun, thank you sooooooo much, please make another.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:24 AM
Thankyou :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:47 PM
Tnx :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:24 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 30th Sep 2014 at 5:30 PM.
Well, Goldie's got enough for everybody, so...

The homework that isn't there, has been done. I figured the Lands would be kind of strict about it, the Beeches would understand that sometimes a kid gets overwhelmed, and the Harts had completely lost track of the fact that Goldie gets homework. I don't remember if Woody got his done or not - on the one hand, Skye would be strict about it; on the other, he was really busy going out and failing to get his first kiss, and might have only partially completed it.

You may notice, looking in the memories, that everybody's already learned to study, except for Goldie. It seemed like something the other families would prioritize, but that the Harts would be more careless about.

Crap, I was just looking at the memories in SimPE (in my full version) and Woody remembers potty training Skye! Making memories from scratch is sooooo frustrating! I'll have to fix that tomorrow in the download version; it's a little late to do it now. Y'all might like to fix that in your versions, too. And please let me know if you spot anything else like that.

ETA: Okay, got distracted, but the memory is fixed and the upload file replaced. The only thing different is that Woody now remembers Skye potty training him! Shouldn't be a big deal, but the devil and God both live in the details.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:39 AM
Widespot is so great, Peni! The character drama is just fantastic. Thank you for all your hard work in making this neighborhood. I am really enjoying it :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 10:33 AM
Love new neighbourhoods...esp populated...thanx!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 7:19 PM
I have read so much about Widespot I decided to check it out for my self. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 1:23 AM
Does every household have an pregnant sim?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 4:47 AM
There are no adult women in the Mannsion, so nope. All, however, have at least one family member with a hard decision (or two, or three) to make. When I connect households, by golly, I connect 'em!

If you want to know the secret soap operatic details before you play the hood, go to Page 1 of the comments and read the family descriptions, clicking the spoiler tags. They'll not only tell you who's pregnant, but who the father is - which is the tricky question in a couple of cases. If you'd rather make the decisions blind, avoid the spoiler tags.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#61 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 2:52 PM
Hi, I've just downloaded it and I really like your neighborhood. I firstly thought that the pregnant woman in the Hart family is a family sim and Rhett is her husband and they had a teenager daughter but after I've read their descriptions and looked at the family tree, I've found out who they really are... Anyway, I like their unique faces
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:00 PM
Nope, Candy and Rhett can't get married or have babies together in a vanilla game. That'd be pretty squicky, even for Widespot.

I really tried to make the Hart family more conventionally attractive than I usually go for, since its features are more or less destined to spread throughout the neighborhood, and I'm glad to know most people think I more or less succeeded. That nose...it never quits.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#63 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 9:15 PM
I've played some sims weeks there and I've noticed a lot of babies. I've discovered that they all link to the Hart family. lol
It's one of the best and interesting neighborhoods that I've ever played.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:56 PM
Well fudge! I have a sim called Weiss Sky (Founder of a Rainbow Legacy) and I didn't even know about this neighboorhood til today! Mother of all coincidences huh?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 11:35 AM
That description is such fun to read (the "history" of how the Makeout Spot came to be just screams "out in the sticks"); I'm tempted to install the hood even knowing that I have way too many hoods. I think as soon as I deleted some of them I'll give this one a try!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#66 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 6:49 PM
Sweet!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 2:38 PM
Lost all my old games when my computer was stolen. Finally have a new computer, and with two weeks off for Christmas coming up I can play again at last. Going to have to download Widespot again and start over. It'll be interesting to see where the story goes this time. If I can get my new laptop set up to do screenshot again I may even break my tumblr account back out to blog the story again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 12:40 AM
I decided to download and play Widespot, and so far it does not disappoint! I've played a day each with the Hart's and the Beech's. Poor Goldie! She was crying over her grades. She wants to be a LAWYER. Hah. Unlikely with grades like hers. I got her through ALL of her backlog of homework in one night tho. Valentine and Rhett helped her in shifts until about 2am. Go team Hart!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 5th May 2016 at 7:57 PM
3 months game. 12 sim days. And not bothered! Interesting, is not typical, it is not banal (well, I think so ). Penig ,thank you for such an interesting, exciting neighborhood !!!
At first I was afraid of his load, watched from the side in the sub-forum of pictures .But I was interested in such person as the Penny Weiss (it has spobonost attract people like a magnet ) (and yes, I'm partial to strangers). After having decided to climb up and see what is out there is. and now I do not tear the ears from Videspot. How much for the whole period has rejected their towns (your left alone), but this is still a favorite with your favorite neighborhood families.
And Valentine Hart, I love this character ... :lovestruc
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#70 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 1:00 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 14th May 2017 at 8:02 AM
Thanks!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#72 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:19 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:52 PM.
First of all, thank you so much for all the fun. I am having the best time!

@Peni Griffin
Is Angel Hart the only urn/grave in Widespot? There is an urn for her, right? I need to know if I should look for more.
EDIT: Um... I lost the urn. I remember seeing it, but now I can't find it. Do you know where it is? :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:05 PM
Sorry not to get back to you here sooner. Yes, she's the only dead sim. The urn should be on the end table next to the big screen TV.

Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 6:05 PM
Hi, I really want to play this hood because it looks like so much fun, however, it's not showing up in-game when I plop it in my neighbourhoods folder. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jet0407
Hi, I really want to play this hood because it looks like so much fun, however, it's not showing up in-game when I plop it in my neighbourhoods folder. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

Hmm...First of all, did you scroll all the way to the end of the menu? Neighborhoods are loaded to the main menu in alphanumeric order by folder name, and PGWS comes after all the premade and custom neighborhoods alphabetically.

If you did, try deleting our Neighborhood Managers. it will regenerate, and perhaps then it will show you the new neighborhood.

If neither of those things works, let me know and we'll brainstorm some more. I know it works because I see quite a few people playing it, but every system is unique and chaos theory applies.

Page 3 of 4