Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fewer Elders (1.19)

by Shimrod101 Posted 7th Nov 2014 at 5:11 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:29 PM by Shimrod101 : Update to 1.19 patch

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:32 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:01 AM
Thanks! This is SO much useful :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:26 PM
thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 4:53 PM
thankyou your items are awsome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 10:40 AM
Hello. Do you know about the "stuck at work" glitch on the sims 4? It would be great if you can make a fix for this ;_; Thank you.. I love all of your mods btw http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...rk/td-p/3446165

There's still no permanent solution for this @_@
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:40 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! This is really helpful considering I'm doing the 100 baby challenge at the moment. Sick & tired of seeing elders everywhere.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:09 PM
I'm curious as to if the need for this has been changed/alleviated by the changes in the new (Dec 16) patch. The patch notes say they've decreased the concentration of Elders in the Lounge. But this mod is for Elder generation basically everywhere, yes? So, not quite the same thing? (Or for that matter, if the patch causes any issues with the mod.)

I know the patch just came out -- don't expect answers instantly -- but will keep an eye out for any news.

Thanks much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:15 PM
This mod is fine with the December 16th patch, the file used here hasn't been altered. Presumably they have altered a Lounge XML file in some way to make that change for the lounges. If my mod here is strictly necessary anymore I can't say right now; the best way for me to see is to simply play the game for awhile (without this mod) and see if there is a difference from before the patch, see how many elders appear.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 12:49 AM
Okay, thanks much for all your time and work on this. I'll give that a try myself (playing a bit without your mod to see if I notice an upsurge in Elders). At any rate, sounds like it won't hurt anything to keep it in. Thanks again.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 7:30 PM
Can you increase the child spanw? I never see childs on my town! Please do that!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:56 PM
This mod is fine with the January 13th patch.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 8:30 PM
thank you
Field Researcher
#63 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:08 AM
This is working very well for me. I'm curious if there's anything that can be done for the other types that end up generating. Namely the Single Mother, Teen Daughter, Child Son families. Now that my game isn't 'flooded' with elders (They weren't flooding really with your reduced townie generating mod), I'm getting a lot of families with that makeup. In fact, I got six over the past few game days.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 4:58 PM
This mod is fine with the February 3rd patch.

Scholar
#65 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoxieGraphix
This is working very well for me. I'm curious if there's anything that can be done for the other types that end up generating. Namely the Single Mother, Teen Daughter, Child Son families. Now that my game isn't 'flooded' with elders (They weren't flooding really with your reduced townie generating mod), I'm getting a lot of families with that makeup. In fact, I got six over the past few game days.

I had this on a brand new game with no mods when I downloaded Sims 4 before buying during Game Time recently. This seems to be a vanilla bug. Every time I get rid of these oddball families, I just get more of the same. Hopefully EA will address this or a modder can look into it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I had this on a brand new game with no mods when I downloaded Sims 4 before buying during Game Time recently. This seems to be a vanilla bug. Every time I get rid of these oddball families, I just get more of the same. Hopefully EA will address this or a modder can look into it.

The game has been this way from the beginning with that family type being the main type created over and over. I've been looking into this for a long time, I simply haven't gotten a useful result yet.

Field Researcher
#67 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The game has been this way from the beginning with that family type being the main type created over and over. I've been looking into this for a long time, I simply haven't gotten a useful result yet.

Thanks for looking at it, at least. And, at least there aren't a ton of elders running around, at least until my population grows older but they aren't replaced by a bunch more elders once they die. So it works out.
Test Subject
#68 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:23 PM
does this work with your homeless households mod also or will they clash?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 7:46 PM
They work fine together, no clashing or conflict of any kind.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:51 PM
All of my mods are fine with the March 10th patch, including this one.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:28 PM
Thanks!
Instructor
#72 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 11:09 PM Last edited by pikeman101 : 17th Mar 2015 at 2:10 AM.
This mod doesn't seem to work for me (along with the one you made to increase family generation, instead of the single mom household)... I opened the Household Management today only to find 20 or so elders, one family with two parents, two teens, two kids, and a dozen single young adults/adults (almost all of whom were butt-ugly, like always. Ugh... randomization).

Is it just me, or are others having this problem, too? I see all these "Thanks" posts and wish it had worked for me...

UPDATE: Another 20 elders the next time I checked...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:28 PM
This mod use to work for me but I am seeing a lot of elders walking around now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:18 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 4:59 AM
creator still paying attention to this? Looks like it's broken with latest patch.
Page 3 of 5