Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster University Education mod (3 versions - one semester = 48 or 24 or 36 hours)

by Dave Luv Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 1:19 AM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 8:20 AM by Dave Luv : Reuploaded after MTS2 file server crash

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 177 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 1:48 PM
OMG i love you :D

*dances* no more sitting there for AGGGGGGGGGGES waiting for the time to finish

Those who run and hide away live to die another day
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrnickwright
But with just 2 days how could you possibly have enough time to do enough assignments and raise the skills required for a high grade?
C's are enough, My sims got an A in both Sophmore semesters, one benefit is witches, another is this hack :D

The Tipton Hotel,Is Coming Soon To MTS2,6 Floors
G/L:Ground Floor,Lobby
3-6:Suites & Rooms
M:Mezzanine,Karaoke Bar & Theatre.
Test Subject
#53 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:52 PM
I trie to unzip it and there is an error message that says it's in an unknown format. I have stuffit deluxe for windows and it is set to read all formats. Can someone help me?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ginger8445
I trie to unzip it and there is an error message that says it's in an unknown format. I have stuffit deluxe for windows and it is set to read all formats. Can someone help me?

The same what I wrote yestarday - MTS2 has server problems, you may often get an incomplete or even empty file. In such case redownload after a while or (better) get the mod direct at my site - Simsky.parsimonious.org .

Dave
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 7:36 PM
Thank You!! Much Needed!!!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 7:43 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I never have my sim go to college because it takes so long... thanks for this, now i can actually send my sims to college!
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrnickwright
But with just 2 days how could you possibly have enough time to do enough assignments and raise the skills required for a high grade?

I tried it...my simmie had to skip a class or two and pulled the occasional all nighter -- but it worked. But hey, it adds to the realism. I remember pulling a few all nighters to finish term papers when I was at college. Those were the days! :D

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 12:09 PM
The only sim who ever used this free college time was a romance sim, dating poor "victims" to complete his LTW of 20 simultaneous lovers. The others only get bored, since they already meet the skill requirements + finish their term paper in less than a day. No more meditating and fast forwarding.

Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#59 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 7:22 PM
Lovely!
Thankies.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 7:35 PM
hey! i LOVE your mods,your homework and tv ones are priceless. and thnx for new
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 2:50 PM
OH my gosh I can't thank you ENOUGH for this! And JUST as all my young adults for this generation graduated! haha

I wish I had this a few days ago! But the future will be easier now.. Thank you!! <3 Its about time someone came out with this mod :D! I loved the idea (and benefits!) of sending my Sims to college, but after their first semester I would have them drop out because it was SO boring.

Thank you SO much!
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 5:33 PM
*hugs* THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! Maybe now I'll be able to get my sims though Uni!

Quote:
So swim to the end of the river
Until there's no shiver left in your spine
Live like there won't be tomorrow
See through your sorrow
See through your own eyes
-Beautiful Life by Charlotte Martin

Call me Nozomi. Nothing else.
Simmer, Pokemon Trainer, and proud! ^_^
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:20 PM
Dave, thank you for doing this. Will you be adding the other two versions you mentioned on post #27? I'd really like to use the 24 hour version of this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandilou442
Dave, thank you for doing this. Will you be adding the other two versions you mentioned on post #27? I'd really like to use the 24 hour version of this mod.

Just send me an email (you can find my address e.g. at my website) and I will send you the 24-hr file by email. I'm not going to public release the other 2 versions.
Please no PMs - I've been overreaching the limit of 100 messages allowed.

Dave
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 5:03 PM
Thanks Dave, I've sent you an email.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandilou442
Thanks Dave, I've sent you an email.

The 24-hrs mod version was sent to your email in the morning
Test Subject
#67 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:23 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has to be the crowning glory of all the mods I've used! You have no idea how happy you have made me! There really are so many different ways to build up skills and fill the study bar, that I actually enjoy playing Uni! EA really should have given us a patch with the option to vary the length of each semester. 24 hours is simply perfect!
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 6:13 PM
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! alot of my teenage sims wanted to go to college but i totally ignored them, its so boring! but now i may actually send them :'D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:53 PM Last edited by psycho_katie : 20th Oct 2008 at 11:05 PM.
Has anyone else been having problems with this mod? I just put it in today. The semester clock says "48 hours left"... But the problem is... It ALWAYS says it- It never goes down! I don't have any other Uni mods as far as I know (I do have a fair number of mods otherwise, including insim and inteen), so I don't know what the problem could be. Does it only work for sims just sent to Uni? Because two sims in this household are already in their second semester of Freshman year, while the other is in his first. It doesn't change while they're in the dorm, nor does it change on community lots. Any ideas?

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention my eps. I have Uni, NL, Pets, OFB, BV, and Holiday Stuff... In case that helps.

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 2:24 AM
Awesome, thanks for uploading!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psycho_katie
Has anyone else been having problems with this mod? I just put it in today. The semester clock says "48 hours left"... But the problem is... It ALWAYS says it- It never goes down! I don't have any other Uni mods as far as I know (I do have a fair number of mods otherwise, including insim and inteen), so I don't know what the problem could be. Does it only work for sims just sent to Uni? Because two sims in this household are already in their second semester of Freshman year, while the other is in his first. It doesn't change while they're in the dorm, nor does it change on community lots. Any ideas?

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention my eps. I have Uni, NL, Pets, OFB, BV, and Holiday Stuff... In case that helps.

One of your hacks replaced the BHAV part of my mod, while the BCON part is loaded. If a mod changes the same BHAV routine as mine, the semester duration settings (48 hours) will apply after finishing the current semester (after finishing the first semester when a Sim is novice). The active semester duration is set to 72 hours in such case, even when showing 48 hours - the counter will start to decrement after 24 hours.

It is described in entry #49 in more details.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
One of your hacks replaced the BHAV part of my mod, while the BCON part is loaded. If a mod changes the same BHAV routine as mine, the semester duration settings (48 hours) will apply after finishing the current semester (after finishing the first semester when a Sim is novice). The active semester duration is set to 72 hours in such case, even when showing 48 hours - the counter will start to decrement after 24 hours.

It is described in entry #49 in more details.

Oooh okay. I'll try it for a sim-day and see if it works. Thanks!

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 10:07 PM
I LOVE this mod! 2 days is plenty of time to get my sims' semester grade all the way up, and I actually use UNI now. =D
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 3:11 AM
Omg Thanx So Much!!!!!! The Original Semester Is Too Damn Long Man!
Test Subject
#75 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 8:58 AM
Thanks alot to my honey for creating this mod
He sure spent lots of hours with it.
Povichr from Czech Rep
Page 3 of 10