Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Sitter 1f

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Aug 2005 at 12:41 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2005 at 8:12 AM by dizzy2 : Update

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 12:45 AM
I don't have any other nanny hacks that I know of off the top of my head... no scheduled nanny I made a new family to try out this hack. Well I'll try and figure it out thanks for trying to help.
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 7:37 AM
I like this alot but one issue I ran into was the sitter will not take care of the babies at all I can get them to take them out of the cribs but not to feed them or change them has anyone else have this problem
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 8:05 AM Last edited by dizzy2 : 31st Aug 2005 at 9:31 AM. Reason: More info
Thanks, Wolfman2020. I'll start testing all the baby/toddler stuff and see what I can do.

EDIT: Baby and Toddler Relationship requirements (short-term/long-term minimum values):

Talk to toddler: -50/-50
Tickle: 10/0
Carry baby: 15/5
Diaper Change: 20/10
Toss: 25/10

Looks like the sitter needs to have at least 15/5 with the babies to deal with them. I'll code this in and give it a check.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 1:30 PM
I took out the zcarrington social worker mod and tried your sitter but it would not work for me. I dialed the phone and got the sitter option but the only person that I got was the old nanny and she said "did you want to talk to me about cancelling your shedule or just have me come over for now, so I clicked on "cancell shedule and then when I called back the sitter option, my sim talked on the phone but no actions or phone book appeared. and no one came to sit. I have the JTM phone hack, could that be the problem? thanks

I also tried it with the telling the old nanny to come over for now and then I ended her services and tried the phone again but I got the same results, I got the sitter option but no dialog or list of sims to choose from not even the old nanny. :confused:

I also have the no baby harrasment hack but it does not interfere with nannies so it should not affect your hack either, it is a mystery to me.
Scholar
#30 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chris_robey2000
Omg thank, you,the nanny is worthless.This is much appreciated.

I second that I absolutely DESPISE that nanny! :fight:
Thanks so much for this

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 4:45 PM
Ok, recap! lol .. My paper boy WAS a child. My daughter just informed me that while she was playing before I got on to play (we were messing with the same family, our test family), that during that time she was messing around and turned the paper boy into a child and didn't change it back before my turn. Nice to know I really wasn't imagining things, but I think in the future I'll make her play her own test family! lol
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 6:22 PM
i was going to come in and report that my sitter couldn't use the changing table or crib, and that i wasn't sure if it was because it was a new mesh set or not. but i see you have updated. i will try the new one and see if that helps.

other than that, it worked fine for me. had Angela Pleasant come over and babysit her cousins Leslie and Lauryn Burb. it worked well, other than the diaper changing issue, but a household sim (Lucy) was there to help her out.

i like this idea. i always wanted the teens to be able to babysit. one thing though -- the money they earn, does that go into their household if they are a playable sim you have hired? just curious.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:37 PM Last edited by dizzy2 : 31st Aug 2005 at 11:03 PM. Reason: ...
Quote: Originally posted by LynnMar
I dialed the phone and got the sitter option but the only person that I got was the old nanny and she said "did you want to talk to me about cancelling your shedule or just have me come over for now, so I clicked on "cancell shedule and then when I called back the sitter option, my sim talked on the phone but no actions or phone book appeared. and no one came to sit. I have the JTM phone hack, could that be the problem? thanks

EDIT: I have investigated this problem, and I cannot duplicate your situation. Could you please describe to me how you created your neighborhood and the family that you are trying to use a sitter with?

Quote: Originally posted by Lise
the money they earn, does that go into their household if they are a playable sim you have hired?

Ah, I knew I forgot something. Need to add that, as well. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:12 AM
Quote:
EDIT: I have investigated this problem, and I cannot duplicate your situation. Could you please describe to me how you created your neighborhood and the family that you are trying to use a sitter with?

so, you are saying that the JTM phone hack is not the issue????

My families are in strangeville and all my houses I built myself, no downloaded houses or maxi made houses.
I tried to use the sitter in two different families and it did not work in either one. I am going to try the newest version of your hack with the old nannies included and see if that one will work for me .

Do, I need to fire the old nanny first before I call for a sitter? :confused:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:07 AM Last edited by dizzy2 : 1st Sep 2005 at 1:11 AM.
I use Pescado's phone hack myself, and it does not conflict.

If you have a nanny on a regular schedule, you will need to unschedule before you can use a sitter. There should be a dialog of some kind, always. Even if the nanny locks you out, you should see a message to that effect.

The main thing I don't understand is why you are only seeing the nanny. You should always be able to at least select a pizza or a food delivery person, as well. Unless you recently deleted all your NPCs, I don't even see how that's possible.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:42 AM
My sim called in and only getting three people. the lunch woman, some woman and the repo lady. Does this hack only work with adults because I'm not seeing anyone else on the list
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 4:33 AM
Teens are only allowed to be sitters between 1pm and 8pm. "Repo lady"? Is that even possible without using SimPE? If your game is giving you repo ladies, I doubt I can really help you.
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 7:55 AM
Dizz I am having the same sort of problem as Lynnmar when I tried to use the sitter. When I called I got the actions of talking but no dialog box and then she jumped out of the action. Granted I have only tried this with one family so am unsure if it is a problem with just this house or not. I do love this idea though and hope that it will work for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:53 PM Last edited by dizzy2 : 1st Sep 2005 at 12:57 PM.
"Jumping out" (sim reset because of some error) can only occur if there is a serious problem with the behavior or if you have a conflict of some kind.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please try moving the other hacks to somewhere on your hard drive outside the "My Documents" then see what happens.

Another thing that would be very helpful is if you could enter this cheat"

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

This will give a descriptive error message rather than just a useless "jump" (so that I can better understand what's really going on there).
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:19 PM
Im just not getting anyone else but those three women. Two elders and adult. I have over 91 hacks... I think the sims game needs alot of errors fixed... and its this is the only one i been have a problem with, not that ur hack is bad just that it needs alittle work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Im just not getting anyone else but those three women. Two elders and adult.

How exactly is this a problem? Didn't you bother to read what I posted? I wrote 1pm to 8pm.
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 10:48 PM
I tested this on a new family using boolprop and on both adults (who by the way were maxis created from university who I've played through) I am getting a too many itinerations error if you need the log let me know, thanks for trying to save us from maxis
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 12:13 AM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but when does a sitter go home? I just now called one, since my sim had a baby and I wanted to see how it was (the sitter thing), but really, she's not needed, it's twelve at night (I called her around eleven pm) and both parents are home. There's no option for any of the parents to dismiss her, like they have with other service people, and, well, she's a playable sim. I suppose that if I go to that sime home, she would be in her family, but if I come back to the one I'm playing, I think she would be there, too... so, when is a sitter done with her job?

For life is nothing but a dream, and dreams are that, just dreams. Calderón de la Barca.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazi_aboutu
I am getting a too many itinerations error if you need the log let me know, thanks for trying to save us from maxis

A log would certainly be helpful.

"Too many iterations" would probably be caused by the search routine for the dialog. If that is the case, you can prevent this by keeping the number of sims in a neighborhood as low as possible and by not using the lot bin to move sims between neighborhoods.

Until I can figure out a better way to do the search routine, you'll just have to avoid using this hack in those neighborhoods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chacreed
when does a sitter go home?

They stop sitting if an adult or teen is home (after they've been sitting for a few hours). At that point, you can just tell them goodbye, and they'll leave.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 7:35 AM
I too have that 'Too many iterations' error.. so that basicly means I have too many sims and now I cant use this? Damn, what a rip off... I was hoping to get rid of that god awful nanny
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Metroid Menace
I too have that 'Too many iterations' error.. so that basicly means I have too many sims and now I cant use this? Damn, what a rip off... I was hoping to get rid of that god awful nanny

I don't know what causes it. It might be the hack, it might NOT be. If you can post a log, I can say one way or the other with some certainty.

Since no one has bothered to post a log, I have to assume that it's not my hack that is causing this problem.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lise
i like this idea. i always wanted the teens to be able to babysit. one thing though -- the money they earn, does that go into their household if they are a playable sim you have hired? just curious.

Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
Ah, I knew I forgot something. Need to add that, as well. Thanks.

Has this been added/fixed? Just wonderin, cuz I don't think the version changed since this had been posted, and I didn't see any update info in the first post.

Also, will hiring a sitter satisfy the Hire a Nanny Want?

Thanks again.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 2:31 PM
Sorry, but the "Jump" bug has been my main concern. I haven't been able to locate the source of the difficulty (mainly because it's starting to look like something totally unrelated to this mod).

There's another good idea. I should add the satisfy "Hire a Nanny" want as soon as someone decides to send me one of these "Too Many Iterations" error logs.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 11:06 PM
Alright, I hope this is the one (Looks like it anyway).. so anyway here you go.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t1206984.rar (10.7 KB, 25 downloads)
Page 2 of 5