Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Sitter 1f

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Aug 2005 at 12:41 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2005 at 8:12 AM by dizzy2 : Update

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
Bangelnuts:

It helps if you read through the whole thread before posting problems.

"]
I did read through the entirethread and my sim does have an ordinary refrigerator
#77 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 8:20 PM
This is *so* great!!! I have one NPC who regularly "sits" for most of the kids in the neighborhood. It's one of the ways he can build up a social network because he'll stay and talk with the parents, etc. after working. I've wanted to thank you for this mod because it takes the nanny/child relationship and makes it useful for older ages (who EVER calls the regular nanny up after the child's a teen?). Especially useful when you have a very shy teen sim and need to form a relationship with a child sim for future friend/love interest when they've grown up into teendom themselves...

Again, the best mod I've used so far...
Test Subject
#78 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 3:10 PM
this babysitter is really great, made lots of new friends jsut through baby sitting. "normal" sitters are way nicer than the nannies... I have just one tiny little problem... I have nightlife since yesterday and I can't chose a friend or neighbor as a nanny anymore!!! Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
Test Subject
#79 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 1:47 AM Last edited by LIUBluejeans : 28th Nov 2005 at 1:48 AM. Reason: Forgot sumthin'
Hey, I wanted to report back on this cuz I had something funny happen.

First, let me say that I *LOVE* this hack. I've been playing Pleasantville lately and I had one family that used Brandi Broke as their sitter pretty frequently. Well, apparently the sitter DOES age while on the lot because Brandi gave birth to her baby while on the lot. Now the family has an extra child that they didn't plan on.

Too funny!!!

This hack is DA BOMB!!

P.S. I have TS2, Uni, and Nightlife. The hack works perfectly for me.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 9:30 AM
Thank you, this is brilliant! I've always wanted to use Grandparents for sitting and now I can
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:14 AM
Brandi invites sitter to came, seduce him and make out with him.
He also takes care of her children too :P.
#82 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 12:19 PM
do the people you hire actually keep the money when you pay them?
#83 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 6:36 AM
lol a real question
sorry im laughing right now because of some of the dumb comments on here (no offence to anyone im just a bitch) but ya does the sim actually act like a sitter or will they just act like they are over hanging out?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:37 AM
Does the sitter still work with the "Visitors Can't Hold the baby" hack?
Test Subject
#85 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 1:53 AM
Man! I wish I'd discovered this a couple of weeks earlier. I had a house of five toddlers and all the nanny ever, EVER did was shove the kids in their high chairs and feed them, and remove them from their cribs. Only once did she actually put a kid TO bed, and she never did diapers or social interaction; what she was mostly useful for was waking my kids up after their Mommy had gotten them to sleep, or yanking them off to eat just as she was about to bathe them or hold them. I really did appreciate her feeding all of them, but poor single Mom had to do everything else. She didn't have time to eat, sleep, or shower. Several times the social worker came for my babies and I had to quit without saving. They barely made it into childhood alive.
I'll definitely have to download this now. Maybe my sims will fare better in the childhood stage than in in toddlerhood if they have a better sitter.

Just do your best, and leave the rest. 'Twill all come right some day or night.
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 8:52 AM
Thank you for this hack, it's a really fantastic idea.
I have the problem that I can't get rid of the sitter. She is now there since 2 days and there is no option to say her goodbye.
Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM
:nod: Goody, I am really looking forward to trying this one out!!

"Red meat and gin." ...Julia Child, when asked at age 87 to what she attributed her longevity.
Test Subject
#88 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 6:50 PM
How do you send the sitter home?

Sorry I'm late, the dog ate my bus.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simtrish
Thank you for this hack, it's a really fantastic idea.
I have the problem that I can't get rid of the sitter. She is now there since 2 days and there is no option to say her goodbye.

I agree. It would be nice if there was a way to dismiss a sitter.

I've been able to get them to leave by making them unselectable using InSIMinator. You could probably do the same with Merola's Mirror, or maybe zap them off the lot with Inga's bush.
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 7:14 AM
Aww! This is great, thanks so much! Does this mean that I can have Grandma mind the kids while Mom and Dad go for a night on the town? Grammy knows best! :D
Test Subject
#91 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 8:32 PM
Don't know if this is a problem with OFB or not since the first time I had the opportunity to use this hack is after getting the expansion. When calling for a sitter, my sim picked up the phone and it jumped (Much like the jumpbug) to him hanging up right away again. Nanny is no longer on my choice of calls either.

Some people are just like Slinkys
They're useless, but can still make you smile if you push them down the stairs.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 5:54 AM
I am concerned about Dizzy. He hasn't been active here since December 21, and he was last active on MATY on December 20. He was last active on VS on November 19. It is strange because he was very active on the forums before then. Anyone know what happened? I love his hacks and I'm hoping they will be updated before I install OFB. I would really miss not having them. But he was a great guy also, very smart, and I would hate if something happened to him.
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loboto-Me
Don't know if this is a problem with OFB or not since the first time I had the opportunity to use this hack is after getting the expansion. When calling for a sitter, my sim picked up the phone and it jumped (Much like the jumpbug) to him hanging up right away again. Nanny is no longer on my choice of calls either.

Sadly I had the same result with OFB. I had to take this out and resort to using Nanny's again (ugh!). I hope Dizzy is okay and would love to see this mod updated.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#94 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 2:41 PM
Data (from MATY) recently found some old chat logs and we went through them and finally found Dizzy's last few visits to the chat room. In one of them Dizzy was expressing unhappiness with being on the Variousimmers team due to - well we all know what was going on. He was also getting into Ubuntu and said he'd probably only play Sims again if he could run it in Wine (windows emulator I think). So whereas before it looked like he had vanished without any warning, I now think he planned to leave the Sims community for fairly natural reasons, and is probably enjoying using Linux apps instead.

He had a strong PD ethos and I believe he would not mind in the least if anyone wished to continue developing or updating his Sims hacks.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 2:09 AM
Oh great! I've been wanting this sooo much!
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crystlfire
...BUT, the paper boy is a child, not a teen. Dizzy2, that could be why he ran away.

There are some teens and some children
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 2:35 AM
All the paperboys and girls in my game are teens. I've never seen a child paper deliverer.
Test Subject
#98 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 8:10 AM
Heey
Does this work for pets ?

xxx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 12:21 PM
No it does not. When are you planning to fix that?
Test Subject
#100 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 1:50 PM
yeah i was wondering about that too

xxxx
Page 4 of 5