Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Changing Lot size after building and/or playing (Archived)

by Andi8104 Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 3:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason: Go to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 362 Feedback Posts
Page 15 of 15
Test Subject
#351 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 12:48 AM
ok so i downloaded this lot expander and used it on my pride and joy house to try to expand the back. i very rarely have problems with downloads because i read instructions carefully so i generally dont create backups (yes i know, im an idiot). as soon as i tried to expand it it gave me an error so i quickly cancelled and made a backup of my lot (which was apparently too late).

even though i cancelled, the changes were already made and i got the same big empty blue spot as everyone else. thinking maybe moving it into the lots bin i could just move it back out again, i did so (genius move number 2). now i cant even play my family anymore because it wont let me place the lot anywhere.

my question is, has ANYONE found a successful way to fix this? if this program goes into the sims code and tweaks a number or two, i know there's got to be a way to un-do that (im not too worried about deleting portals right now). im not worried about messing up my game because i code for a living but ive never attempted to mess with any sims code before and frankly, i dont even know where to start. could anyone point me to where this lot size information is stored?

Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 11:59 PM
umm did Andi8104 die? cuz the top says he is prematurly deceased and to me that means dead.
Mad Poster
#354 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 1:49 AM
dolllover81503,

yeah, they say so according to the German sims site where Andi used to hang around.
Test Subject
#355 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 12:23 AM
Default Lot Modding
Quote: Originally posted by Andi8104

Neighbourhood package

Open the neighbourhood with SimPE and have a look at Plugin view of 'Lot Description' resource from the interested lot. There are 3 values relevant for us: 'Width', 'Height' and 'U11'. 'U11' is used by game to store the orientation the lot is loading the first time. We need this value to interpret the coordinate systems of all the lot resources. For 'Lot Description' it defines the meaning of the fields 'Width' and 'Height'. If you are looking from street side and the value of 'U11' is '0' or '2', the field 'Width' shows us the height and 'Height' the width of the lot. If the value of 'U11' is '1' or '3', the two fields show us what their names say. (Don't change the value of 'U11', because that confuses the game and you'll get a terrible hole in your neighbourhood.)
So we have to change the value of 'Height' from '3' to '1'.
That's it in neighbourhood package.

When trying to do this first step, I don't see Width, Height or U11 in the Plugin view...anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Or maybe a screen shot of what the Plugin view should look like if for some reason my version isn't right? Thanks!
Mad Poster
#356 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 6:18 AM Last edited by niol : 12th Jul 2007 at 12:24 PM.
R U sure you're using the latest simpe?

Added:
The attached should be clear enough.
One has to select the lot description, then select a lot LTXT file.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#357 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 2:52 PM
Hmm...apparently I'm not, my SimPE looks nothing like that, haha. Where can I get the newest version?

Thanks!!
Mad Poster
Test Subject
#359 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 5:50 AM
grrr...ive been struggling in vain to fix my lot for days now...i'm starting to lose hope! ive seen numerous accounts of people having the same issues as me...lots that cant be moved, big blue spots, land being added incorrectly, etc, but it doesnt seem like there have been any successful remedies discovered yet.

i saw that someone asked about extracting the family out of the lot and being able to put them into a new lot. has anyone had any success with this? my lot is in the lot bin and therefore has been difficult with every other solution...

anyone? i spent sooo much time making this family...i cant believe how messed up everything got so quickly...i think i might be able to recreate the house, but the family i customized perfectly the first time around. :-(

if you have any suggestions on fixing all of this please please let me know!!

thanks guys!
Mad Poster
#360 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 6:37 PM Last edited by niol : 20th Sep 2007 at 5:29 PM.
Just 2 suppositions to rescue the trapped family:

1. use a teleporter to conjure the sims out and move-in them with yet another lot with a family or a single sims. Then, move out the dummy sims.

When you dump the lot into the lot bin, the family should be modified around the same time a the lot, so the family files can be found and located.

the next can be tried is file replacement.

may try to make a lot of the same size and dump in a dummy family with similar sims F/M, ages.
Then, use a copy of the family found in the LotCatalog folder to replace the that lot's family.

related thread:
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...-a-Lot-Plz-help
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/forum/viewthread/4448
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...7&postcount=360
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...01&postcount=13

The lastly linked method can at least work for my lots without a family.

Potential problems:
1. personality and some sims infos may need some readjustments afterwards.
2. it doesn't work, but it doesn't matter since dummy copies are used.
Test Subject
#361 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 2:26 PM
Is anyone still working on this? I noticed that Sorcerer hasn't posted here since March. It's a shame, cause this would be an awesome program. I tried Sorcerer's version, but I got the same error everyone else seems to get. When I loaded the game, it loaded ok, but I saw that the house had that blue area around it and it didn't add the areas in the right spaces. For example, I told it to add two spaces on the left, right, and back. Instead, it added 4 places to the right and 2 to the front, and moved my house to the back-left corner of the lot. The house even had trees in it and a street to nowhere. Sad. I'll try to include an image. Hopefully it'll work. =)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#362 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 9:58 PM
Sucks how this person died, this is the first time I've read a gamer who plays this game died, so very shocking to me, again its nice of you guys to support this mod and continue to make it better in his honor.

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Test Subject
#363 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Sim Vlad
Sucks how this person died, this is the first time I've read a gamer who plays this game died, so very shocking to me, again its nice of you guys to support this mod and continue to make it better in his honor.

I Concur with this same exact Feeling, Andi's work shouldn't end up being a "Dead End" project here. It really needs to be worked on and someone with some talent at programming needs to pick up where Andi left off. After all this is a great Modding tool, and shouldn't be gathering dust.

Tucsoncoyote--
The ModFather
retired moderator
#364 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 5:26 PM
Default Thread Archived
Anyone interested in downloading and using this tool, please refer to the [b]updated Lot Expander by Mootilda.

This thread is now closed and archived. Its only purpose is to keep record of the valuable efforts put by Andi in this project.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 15