Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (Base Game)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 25th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM

352 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 308 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 15
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#301 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:33 AM
Thank you so much! I hated the way the women and young girls looked in those clothes. I have a request though, will you create some casual maternity wear out of these that actually cover over my sims belly? I hate how all the other stuff just show the baby bump. I'm a bit old fashioned in beleiving that something like that shouldnt be exposed. Not that a woman shouldnt be proud, but precious cargo like that should be protected properly. Will you please? I'd really apreciate it!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#302 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 9:54 AM
Mothersluv86 - I don't mod TS2 anymore - sorry.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#303 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 2:27 AM
I'm a bit late to the party, but thank you so much for doing this, HP!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#304 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 7:32 PM
Thank you so much for this! I'm so happy that now all the base clothes aren't sitting there taking up space now <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#305 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:13 PM
'Don't bug me or I'll throw eggs at your dog.'

dude i dont own a dog

hehe btw awesome job and thnx!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#306 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 10:58 PM
i only downloaded the one wth the jacket and no top underneath tht bugged me too thnx for tht oh and pasta!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#307 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 5:32 PM
Best... Idea... Ever! Thanks HystericalParoxysm. These are all beautifully done. I can't imagine how long this project took!
Thanks again,
Sudsy
=^..^=
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#308 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:14 PM
Thank you! The belly-showing-thing is SO annoying! It just looks quite stupid...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#309 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:04 AM
After all the fab 'untucked' its great to see some 'tucked'!
Test Subject
#310 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 11:01 PM
Default Now I'll finally use some of those outfits!
What genius!!! Thank you so much! Have you considered remaking some of the male outfits as well? There are some belly baring items there as well. . .
Lab Assistant
#311 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amagel1
What genius!!! Thank you so much! Have you considered remaking some of the male outfits as well? There are some belly baring items there as well. . .
She's posted before, sadly, she doesnt mod TS2 anymore.You could request them or try to make them your self.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#312 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 12:21 AM
This is genius! I've always been bothered by the "essence of hoe" when it came to the base game clothing. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#313 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:50 PM
Thanks so much; now I won't have to download tons of (not so attractive) custom content! This actually gives me a reason to use the maxis crap! Now if only there was a 'cleanup' for the male stuff - some of it looks ridiculous!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#314 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 1:34 PM
How do yo pass clothes for adult to teen and for teens for adults?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#315 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 1:42 PM
kalevala - The meshes have to be converted and modified to fit the other size of body. There's info on it in the Body Shop Meshing forum, under the Create menu. I didn't actually do any age conversion for this set though.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#316 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:27 PM
Thank you for doing these. My Simself now dresses even more like I do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#317 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:57 PM
Yay~ Happy day! I was always aggravated that all of the female clothes were skimpy. (Maxis is a closet pervert.)
Anyways, thanks! I've been looking for something like this for awhile now, glad I found it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#318 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:26 PM
Thanks so much! (Gives pasta as a thank-you gift) I'm very much on the modest side myself, and modesty issues aside, I tend to dress my Riverblossom Hills Sims in warmer clothes as there's no summer there. (I like the default settings for that 'hood.)
Mad Poster
#319 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 3:50 PM
A quick question - do the default meshes have pregmorphs included? I'm just wondering if I have to choose between these and the ones from here. I can't stand the ridges, but I also don't like not having pregmorphs...
Test Subject
#320 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:10 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! Words cannot adequately express my gratitude. The belly thing has always bugged me. We don't all flaunt our bodies for the world to see and I don't want my Sims to either. Some of my Romance Sims would, but since my neighborhoods are suspiciously overpopulated with light-skinned brunette Knowledge women, I guess I like my Sims to be like me, and you will NEVER see my midriff. I took a bellydancing class in college and you STILL didn't see my belly.

This makes me so ridiculously happy. I love your work anyway, but you just earned yourself massive points in my Book of Awesome.
Field Researcher
#321 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 7:32 PM
Hello! These are simply fantastic! While I didn't download all of them, I did get most of them!

However, I seem to have a problem! While I downloaded all of the shirts for modesty, I didn't download the bottoms. On teenagers, they look great! I even have downloaded your AL set for them!

But on adults, specifically the "Bloused Waist" seems to be causing a problem. My adults seem to have this "waistband" around where the shirt used to be, and has the pattern continue on down, which I'm assuming is because the shirt is longer. I'm not sure if this is because I didn't download the bottoms for my adults. I'm just rather confused. :P
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#322 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 2:34 AM Last edited by thiafy : 7th Feb 2012 at 2:58 AM.
I'm no prude, and I have no problem with sims who show a little midriff, but when I sim, I generally try to create the most realistic characters possible. Some of them might wear skimpier clothing, while others would prefer to cover up -- everyone has their own style, their own preferences, etc... But Maxis just gives us a ton of awkwardly-skimpy clothing, at least a fourth of which is inexplicable.

I downloaded about half of your replacements, and am best pleased. Thank you. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#323 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 2:33 PM
MARRY ME.
Seriously every time before I found this set, I would go through the catalogue saying "Y NO MODEST CLOTHES?!"
And the few modest clothes where stuff no sane teenager would wear. Yeah, I love you for this set.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#324 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:13 AM
Yay! Now I won't shudder every time I see a fat Townie walking past my house with her belly squeezing out! (yes, sometimes I shudder at the fat pixelated Townies in their cheap looking rags)
The base game is the worst offender. FreeTime clothes are horrendous, but hey, at least they cover up. Seasons clothes are decent, despite the summer dresses. And Nightlife....oh...don't get me started on Nightlife.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#325 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 6:28 PM
Thanks. I grabbed everything. Just seemed easiest thing to do.
Page 13 of 15