Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 15
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:10 PM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Apr 2005 at 10:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by imjetguer
I have a problem with this. After I installed this in the section you said my game crashes about 5 minutes into using any wall tool and it has happened on 3 different lots while using the wall tool. I took it out and put in the original and the game works fine now because I was building for about 1 hour and everything worked smoothly with no crashes. Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks for reporting. Actually, long ago I had the same problem, but then it disappeared when (for different reasons) I had to reinstall the game.
I don't know, maybe there were some conflicts with old walls (I've messed up a lot with the walls.txt, in the beginning).
I'm sorry but I can't help you... Anyway I'm *not* going to ask you and reinstall the game only to use these walls! :D
Mind that the wall-windows and the glass doors can be used without the invisible wall, just using the move_objects cheat.

EDIT: See below

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM
Nice
when i played my game to check out the walls. It crashed several time. Has this happened to any one
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM.
UPD. 30-APR - IMPORTANT: For the users that are experiencing frequent game crashes, try and download the "light" version, called "Walls_Invisible_and_Prison_ONLY.rar", that doesn't include the Unleveled wall. The installation instructions are the same as the standard Walls.txt

Please let me know if this solves the crashing problems.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:58 PM
ohhh!!!! love it !!! i was hoping someone would make these walls
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st May 2005 at 1:41 AM Last edited by nectere : 1st May 2005 at 2:39 AM.
Actually for me it wasnt until I installed the prison walls that I started having crashes. Was using the invisible and unlevel wall just fine. So I thought I would check in here to see if someone else was having this same issue. Crashes are not limited to bulding walls now either, I seem to be having frequent crashes, about every 20 minutes or so...

taking out the prison package + prison wall text, will see if this fixes issue.

*nope didnt fix the issue, my entire legacy neighborhood is completely hosed now. I even took out every single download and it still didnt fix the issue, crash city...woohoo! oh well.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st May 2005 at 5:04 AM
Ill check out the update and report back tomorrow. Thankyou!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st May 2005 at 9:13 AM
NECTERE:
What I did was to remove the "unleveled" options from all the custom walls: this has led to a complete removal of the unleveled wall and a change in the invisible/prison ones, that now can't be built under uneven roofs any more.

Maybe, even if you have removed the walls.txt, the houses you have built in the meantime still are retaining some bad piece of information... Try bulldozing the lots that you have created using the custom walls.
#33 Old 1st May 2005 at 11:05 AM
Can these items,when using the cheat : boolprop constrainfloorelevaton (true/false)
Hey there.

Before downloading these Tools and walls..... Can they be used,when using the Cheat-code :
boolprop constrainfloorelevation (true/false)
and i´m thinking about building in the 16 different wall high's/size's in 1 wall.
Like : 1/16 - 2/16 - 3/16 - 1/4 - 5/16 - 6/16 - 7/16 - 1/2 - 9/16 - 10/16 - 11/16 - 3/4 - 13/16 - 14/16 - 15/16 and last 1/1 = 1:1 high/size wall :confused:
Or wiil you in the near future, make these Tools and walls fit, when using the Cheat-code :confused:

Mail : [email protected]

With kindly regards
(The Dane)
René Lydø
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st May 2005 at 11:43 AM
prisonwalls
I downloaded the invissible and prisonwalls, the invissible is something I want to make my glasshouses perfect with the use of your glass door and glass window without frame.
the walls work perfect, but for some reason I keep getting gateway timeouts when trying to download the door and window. :blah:
I try again later today, because only seetrough walls do not do the job.

I love your work, you are great. I have downloade a lot from you
my houses and com. lots look greater and better thanks a million !!!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st May 2005 at 6:15 PM
Hey in the neighborhood screen, do u see the glass walls on the houses. I only see the roofs and furniture
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st May 2005 at 8:03 PM
LYDOE1: To tell the truth, I don't understand what you are talking about... Are you talking about "half walls" created with the "constrain" cheat? I don't know that tecnique, though I've read something about it...
The problem should be that a half wall would need a half-size window, right? Seems a lot of work to create 16 different sizes of the window, I'm not sure I can find the time to do that, I'm sorry...

NEFFYH: you are right, the windows are not rendered in neighborhood view; eh, the devil makes the pots, but not the lids...

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:13 AM
I rebuilt the neighborhood houses, fortunetly there was only 3 and 1 community. Unfortunetly a bug remained in one of the houses that I couldnt find, causing weird and unrelated issues/crashes to occur, thus that house and its inhabitants were ultimately met with a tragic house fire and killer fly invasion...I tried moving them out, into different lots etc, but the problem followed them like a bad haunting.

I still keep getting intermitten crashes on the other lots, I may end up having to move everyone out and doing what you said - bulldoze.

I think I will just go back to the last update before the prison addition since that was working well for me without issues, I keep those downloads on a disk for this purpose. So no biggie.

Then again perhaps the prison walls were just the straw that broke the camels back, Sims2 is so buggy by itself, especially without using all the cheats that stop the madness. (legacy rules blah) :0)
Forum Resident
#38 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:27 AM
OK - this seems a little eaiser for me to try...I absolutely love this!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd May 2005 at 9:07 AM
NECTERE: I'm so sorry that you had so many problems! I still think that, though the "unleveled" code was built-in with the game (the walls built by the game under the roofs are unleveled), the combination of the "custom" unleveled wall and the building tool routines may lead to troubles, sometimes...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:08 PM
I'm a little confused as to where to unzip files. ...do we unzip this to downloads or somewhere else?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Konecoshushi
I'm a little confused as to where to unzip files. ...do we unzip this to downloads or somewhere else?

Never mind

"Smile when it rains"
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th May 2005 at 7:17 AM
This is quite complicated, yeah? This is pretty cool though.. I've read the posts and read that there were crashes... Anyway, I'll try invisible walls ( and the glass walls as well) 'cause you're so good!!! Thanks
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th May 2005 at 10:47 AM
I download the full pack and report NO problem with my spanish version (sims 2 plus university) in any lot or build that i play... thanks for your amazing works.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th May 2005 at 1:38 PM
Thank you for reporting...! And my best regard to Santander!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:01 PM
Awsome tried it works great thanks good work, love it.
So cool now I can make a green house.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:02 PM
Oh and I found it to be simple to install not complicated like some people are saying very simple cool, love it.
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:09 AM
My sims cant go trough a door now :S
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:12 AM
Do you have the original walls.txt for me, i forget to make an backup file
Instructor
#49 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:30 AM
I Love You!!!!
Instructor
#50 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:33 AM
zak..... that is not a good sign, here u go.... and next time, follow instructions. very important.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  walls.txt (7.3 KB, 180 downloads)
Page 2 of 15