Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 15
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 3:13 AM
i just love you... the things you create just blow my mind. i could never have went into the game files and figured out how to create something that alters the game (without completly destroying it). as long as i back up all original files i am always more than willing to test stuff out, and play around with the game files. Thanks!! I Love to mess with this stuff, and u always make it so easy to do. /HUGS

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 3:09 PM
Default Can someone explain!
hi,
Great idea of a download would download if i knew where to put it! Oh and how do u do a split level staircase? :sadpanda:
Test Subject
#129 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 9:33 PM
That's INGENIUS! Thank you!
Test Subject
#130 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 4:53 PM
theyre not showin up in the game

XOrange CountyX
Test Subject
#131 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 11:16 AM
wow that looks really useful!!

But erm...I'm really confused where to put it...EA Games in Programme Files?
Where is Programme Files? :gonemad:

nitwit. blubber. oddment. tweak
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:53 PM
Hm... I uh... seem to not have the wall.text files. I go to tsdata/res and then my only option is lights. Hmm...

And Trogdor smote the Kerrak and all was in burnination......
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:57 PM
Bah, nevermind. I forgot that my sims data is in two places: one through mydocuments and the other through program files. (It keeps my lil sis from accessing some of my more "questionable" custom content. As she has her own log-in and thus, her own seperate mydocuments folder, so she can't use custom content in her game.)

And Trogdor smote the Kerrak and all was in burnination......
Test Subject
#134 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 8:14 AM
thanks numeror i had problems finding the place but i found it now and gonna test it!
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:12 PM
Wow! How did I miss this one? Thanks Numenor for another fantastic modification. I'm using it for the first time today. I also DL'ed the lite version (just in case).
Test Subject
#136 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 9:21 PM
sorry brilliant and have figured where to put, I think ??? will double check now though I have all expansions inc OFB, I'm presuming prob wrongly that it just goes in my ts2 ones and not any expansion ones and will it be ok with ofb, sorry to be such a dope!! and I mean folders that's what ones stand for!! lol as when I checked in the OFB those files are newer than the txt that's to go in...............I will shut up now as I'm confused!
Test Subject
#137 Old 10th May 2006 at 1:49 AM
thank god!
Field Researcher
#138 Old 10th May 2006 at 9:24 AM
Thanks Numenor, this is some amazing stuff!!!
Actually everything the ModFather creates is great

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Test Subject
#139 Old 10th May 2006 at 9:38 PM
The Ultimate God Of Sims 2 Custom Content
Numenor, you appear to be, from all the amazing and wonderful custom, moded and clever things you have created for the sims 2, THE ULTIMATE GOD OF SIMS 2 CUSTOM CONTENT . If they haven't yet, I think Maxis should offer you a job designing their next game or expansion pack. So many lovely and beutiful things to help us make prettier and custom sims worlds.

You are a huge star.
Test Subject
#140 Old 25th May 2006 at 7:11 PM
???
I urgent want to have this wonderful walls in my game, but I don't know, how to get it. I have no Walls.txt game file. Have I to create one? How to do and where to place it? Can you help me? It must be great to put walls whereever I want.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 25th May 2006 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor (from the first post)
b) Using Windows Explorer, open the following folder:
[gamedir]\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
Note 1: the [gamedir] is usually C:\Program Files\EA Games

I'm quite sure you are looking in the wrong folder, in the "[MyDocuments]\Ea Games" folder. You should look in the game location, in the Programs.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#142 Old 31st May 2006 at 2:40 AM
Huge thanks for these genius walls. I gess we all couldn't do without your great creations. SimViper66
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:46 AM
Question!!!
if this file overwrite the one from maxis It means that you now can use as many wall as you want if you are building a "castle"?
Because I try to make a huge building and I couldn't use any more walls from maxis game. By the way I have all expansions!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 8:25 AM
This file DOES overwrite the Maxis one, but contains the same data as the original, plus some additional data.
So, you should have no problems in using the original Maxis wall, after having installed this mod.
What about the Maxis foundations? Can you use them correctly? I ask because the foundations are defined into the Maxis original file, and replicated into the modded file, just like the normal wall.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 9:58 AM
Yes, I can use them correctly. But When I use the Maxis walls in some point when I was making the building I can't drag any more walls and If I delete one, I can build only one in another place.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 1:39 PM
This reminds me an email I recieved some times ago: a user claimed that perhaps there was a sort of limit in the number of wall sections within the sam lot; he was creating a huge building, and soon he "ran out" of walls: just like you, he could not build walls any more (he could only delete walls from a point and build the same amount of walls in another point).
That user didn't use this mod, though: therefore I think that - if really there is a limit in the allowed wall sections - it is not related to this mod.

So, the question is: is there a limit? And if so, is it related to the capabilities of the PC/Video card? I really don't know. Any report about this subject is welcome.

Instructor
#147 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 2:43 PM
I'm sure i have heard of alimit being mentioned somewhere but with a bit of research all i found was the following

this is from The Sims 2 Nightlife CD Patch page
Capped the amount of half walls allowed on a single lot in order to prevent graphical corruption that would occur when this limit was broken
link:
http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa....2&languageCode
also i found this thred:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=63491

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 6:40 AM Last edited by karidad : 7th Jun 2006 at 6:47 AM.
I use this mod and I could finish my building with the unleveled walls that are in the second icon. They work as the standard walls in the top floors.

Thank You for this Mod Numenor.

I already have the patches install and that doesn't do anything to change the problem.

I don't think that is the PC/Video Card, because this Mod solve my problem for now.

Is like having 4 set of walls only diferents but works for me.

Thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#149 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 1:26 AM
This is awesome. But im to scared to alter my game files.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 3:25 PM
Megas, you are wise. Modifying the game files is definitely more dangerous than just putting a hack in the downloads folder, and should be done only by people that have some kind of experience in modding the game.

Page 6 of 15