Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 8:44 PM
Default Installing World Fix(es) Right?
Do I install the world fix by extracting a single file and replacing it with every subsequent part order (part1, then part2, then part3, etc.) or should I have selected all (in respective order) and "Extract Here" all of them at the same time?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:33 AM
So, once you have all of the archives downloaded, all you have to do is this below.

First, rename the archives. We'll use Sunset Valley's as an example. It'll initially look something like this:

MTS_ellacharm3d_1222820_SunsetValley.part01.rar

Rename it to just say SunsetValley.part01.rar (This is necessary, otherwise they won't unzip due to how multi-archive downloads work.) Do the same thing for the others, for Sunset Valley there should be seven in total.

After doing this, click on the first archive, in this case SunsetValley.part01.rar, and click Extract Here. You don't have to have them all selected, just this one. After that, it should unzip the fixed world file.

Let me know if you need any clarification on anything.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:42 AM
Alright. But what if I did extract them all, one by one? Did it apply the changes or not affected the world?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:56 AM
In practice, it shouldn't really matter which archive you actually extract. It's extracted regardless due to how a multi-archive rar functions. What matters is that it's able to "piece together" the actual .world file from the individual archives, so you just need to make sure you have them all before attempting to extract it. Otherwise, it'd probably throw up an error about not being able to extract it or something. I just always start with the first one out of habit.

Basically, if you got a completed world file after extracting that's about the same size, give or take, as your original unaltered world file - then it extracted properly. If it didn't extract properly, it would likely be showing up as a 0kb file in size or something.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 2:33 AM
FYI I would backup the original .world files just in case- just find a folder on a spare drive to put them, or add a _OLD to the end to make the game skip reading them.