Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimMacFly Potion: make your Sims fly for real! UPDATE: children can fly, and much more

by MajorJeff Posted 26th Jun 2006 at 1:24 PM - Updated 9th Aug 2006 at 6:47 PM by MajorJeff : fixed missing images

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 181 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 8:59 AM
Thankyou soo much for sharing this amazing mod will have lots of fun with this, 50 stars!
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 1:12 PM
unbelievable~~~~~! cool job!
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 1:15 PM
Interesting. I am very curious to know how you did this, as I do not know any animations or actions within game that resemble a flying sim.

'My answer is bring them on.' — George Bush, on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces- the dumbest Bush quote ever
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 2:02 PM
Thanks for this! I downloaded it and have had no problems at all. It was really funny to see my simmie fly around the room! Great work!
Test Subject
#55 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 2:02 PM
That's Great!! If you need a Translation, I am Here!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 4:06 PM
this is amazing! i tested it with OFB and it worked just fine =) it was fun to watch my family fly around in the air. I hope you can develop a way for kids to fly too in the future =)
Thank you! *hugs and kisses*

If You click this, you'll live forever
"I've been to heaven and hell...and I still don't know if there is a god or a devil" ~ Nny from JTHM
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 7:46 PM
Now all you have to do is add a broom and make some happy witches, wizards and Harry Potter fanatics!

I love this potion. <3
Test Subject
#58 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 8:58 PM
thanks alot i have Nightlife and uni ill try it out to see if it works with them.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 9:18 PM
Sweeeet! Very creative.

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 9:48 PM
Unique idea and great work!!!
Thank you

A friend whose hopes we cannot satisfy is a friend we would rather have as an enemy.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 10:14 PM
o wow this is amazing thank you!!!
Mad Poster
#62 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 10:59 PM
Default This is fun!
I really didn't have any earthly use for this ... I don't have any sprites or fairies or witches in my game ... but I downloaded this anyway because it's very different and it looked like it would be fun to play with. That, and my daughter was behind me urging me to try it.

This is a fun mod, and my Simmies seem to like it. I can't keep them away from this bottle! My daughter is loving this, too. Thanks! By the way, I don't have OFB ... just Nightlife and Uni ... and this mod works just fine. The only problem I found was the HTML manual. I couldn't open it, and I do have Windows. I kept getting "Action Cancelled".

GrimReaper, the only animations I could think of are the bubble blower animations. But MajorJeff REALLY added to them.
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:20 AM
It works for nightelife and uni I tested it in my game!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:59 AM
Thank you very much everyone for your nice feedback !
It's really great to see how many people are interested by this object, and what use they make of it.
And a special big thanks for those who told me that it works fine and gave their expansion packs.

Some answers:
Quote:
@Madness
why does the Sim look transparent or ghostly in insert #2?

Just a second effect of the potion, but it doesn't hurt...
I wanted to use something similar to the Teleport function but without the same effect exactly.
Quote:
Is that going to happen to Sims after they drink this?

Yes, but don't worry, it's not permanent!
Quote:
@jonath
if you could hack that 'flying' , could you hack alsow the 'teleport' (become without meditation) ?

Like babydawl1880 said, this hack already exists; and I use it too because it's so useful for large houses :-)
Quote:
@GrimReaper
know how you did this, as I do not know any animations or actions within game that resemble a flying sim.

I used the two flying animations from the bubble blower object.
They are randomly played.

@sebigut119
In which language could you translate the strings? They are not many so it would be a quick job...
Quote:
@gazania
I really didn't have any earthly use for this...

Me too :-) But when my Sims are needing some fun or confort, sometimes I make them flying; I really like to see them flying in unknown directions and while watching, I'm trying to guess where they will go, whether they will skip a tree or not...
Quote:
The only problem I found was the HTML manual. I couldn't open it, and I do have Windows. I kept getting "Action Cancelled".

You're using Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 2), aren't you? I got a similar problem with some HTML Help files on one of my computers with version 7.
A possible solution: you need to "Unblock" the help file using the file properties dialog (in XP SP2).
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 5:24 PM
Hi! I can Translate to Spanish only like the Simouns Factory.... About that when the factory 1.0??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 8:40 PM
Great!
I'll send you the string by PM.
For the factory, I was waiting for the German strings and I finally got them; so I'm making a final version and will release it in some days with two new languages :D
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 9:12 PM
Test Subject
#68 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 9:32 PM
Omg thats brill I've ruined my non downloading record but it was worth it :D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 10:03 PM
Is there any way you could have a manual in another file format? I am on a Mac that has no idea what the blazes a .chm file is.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:25 PM
Well, first of all, i am very happy with your hack Them flying around the lot is much fun, but it also made me wonder, and in some way i think its appropriate to ask, is is possible to add this hack to the action thing of the adultsim? Like, *click*, dance, flirt, ask, fly?

I know nothing of hacking but is this technically impossible or is it hard?
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:56 PM
Are you sure it wont work at all without university? I have nightlife...

I think it uses the interactions from:
Vamprillocin (NL)
Bubble thing (Uni)

So would I be able to use it... I do have nightlife and OFB
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 12:41 AM
This is not only an amazing hack but it has so many possibilities in story telling. thanks so much for sharing, you rock!

He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough. - Lao Tsu
Test Subject
#73 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 12:52 AM
Does it use a bool prop and how do they get down?
Field Researcher
#74 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 2:53 AM
This is too funny thanks!

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 4:46 AM
Thank you for the flying powers! - my heroes thank you!
Page 3 of 8