Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster University Education mod (3 versions - one semester = 48 or 24 or 36 hours)

by Dave Luv Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 1:19 AM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 8:20 AM by Dave Luv : Reuploaded after MTS2 file server crash

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 177 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 10:06 PM
THANK YOU!! I used to use the cheat and not get the certificate, but now I don't have to hold down the 3x button ^_^ *hugs*

xoxo.R
Test Subject
#127 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:20 PM
I don't know if this is related but when my sim got out of college after the 36 hrs semesters, the jobs he was applying for did not even consider the fact that he had been to college :S He had to start as a test subject after 4 years in science!?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#128 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cinderella256
I don't know if this is related but when my sim got out of college after the 36 hrs semesters, the jobs he was applying for did not even consider the fact that he had been to college :S He had to start as a test subject after 4 years in science!?

It's not related to this mod.
Test Subject
#129 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:37 PM
thank you so much! you are my hero!
Test Subject
#130 Old 23rd May 2009 at 12:00 PM
Thank you so much! This is just what I needed, I HATED when many of my sims were in university and the graduating take many weeks to play!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#131 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:23 AM
This is awesome... it took some tweaking to figure out what was clashing with it but after that, it's wonderful!! Thank you so much!

*FYI: It was a mod that gave you more credits for WooHoo with Prof.*
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:02 PM
WOW, You ARE INCREDIBLE!! I always loved uni but it took far too long to graduate students so I hardly played it, Now you have given me back this expansion pack and I can't thank you enough for the incredible work you've done here, I love you, thanks man!

Bjazz
Test Subject
#133 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:41 AM
I love UNI now. All the great high-level jobs, for about 10 sim days.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:32 PM
On my game, I used the 24 hr. one and after they graduated my Sims would not leave Campus. Why?

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#135 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IloveGarbage
On my game, I used the 24 hr. one and after they graduated my Sims would not leave Campus. Why?

It's not related to this hack. Remove other university-related mods till you find the one causing it to happen. It's possible that just removing that hack won't help for the active Sim - in such case wait another simday(s).
Instructor
#136 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 12:19 AM
Thanks for this. Now we graduate in four hours instead of four years, could it get any better! XD
Field Researcher
#137 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
It's not related to this hack. Remove other university-related mods till you find the one causing it to happen. It's possible that just removing that hack won't help for the active Sim - in such case wait another simday(s).

I waited until it said "it's high time that (sim name) got back to the real world"
Then the semester progress thing said "Returning Home" and they didn't get into the taxi. I don't have any other University hacks!

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#138 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 7:26 PM
I waited until it said "it's high time that (sim name) got back to the real world"
Then the semester progress thing said "Returning Home" and they didn't get into the taxi. I don't have any other University hacks!

I expect you have all game patches from Maxis installed. It can be related not only to a University hack, but to a hack-pack too. Or, according to what you write, to a corrupted lot (e.g. deleted carportals when using moveobjects cheat, improper using of debug mode); a buggy car or car hack; something preventing the Sim to get into the car (e.g. bad social hack).
Field Researcher
#139 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:17 AM Last edited by IloveGarbage : 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:46 PM.
I expect you have all game patches from Maxis installed. It can be related not only to a University hack, but to a hack-pack too. Or, according to what you write, to a corrupted lot (e.g. deleted carportals when using moveobjects cheat, improper using of debug mode); a buggy car or car hack; something preventing the Sim to get into the car (e.g. bad social hack).
Nope, none of that stuff. I do have all the patches. I took the hack out and it worked fine.

Quote:
Field Researcher
#140 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:16 PM
Any way I can use the hack without that happening?

Quote:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#141 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 10:20 AM
Any way I can use the hack without that happening?

Do you really have this hack and not a similar hack from other creator, which used to be available at MTS2 too? Nobody of the 80000+ users of my hack has reported similar problems, so I think it's related to your game configuration (I can imagine having this kind of problems if using pirated game versions or hack packs having conflicts with other hacks).
Field Researcher
#142 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:15 PM
Do you really have this hack and not a similar hack from other creator, which used to be available at MTS2 too? Nobody of the 80000+ users of my hack has reported similar problems, so I think it's related to your game configuration (I can imagine having this kind of problems if using pirated game versions or hack packs having conflicts with other hacks).

Yes. I have this hack. I also have other EPs. The ones that came with Double deluxe, UNI and Seasons.

Quote:
Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:06 AM
Oh thank you so much! I like building up memories for my sims even if they're storyline doesn't directly involve parents and college and whatnot. It drove me nuts that I'd spend about a day cracking their GPA to 4.0 and then have 2 more days to kill, repeat, repeat, repeat...

You're awesome
Test Subject
#144 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:38 PM Last edited by sarcoot7 : 19th Aug 2009 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Discovery
This isn't compatible with the AL version of InTeen. Is there any possibility of having that fixed? I'd love to use this hack, but when this and InTeen are installed, the semester clock never ticks down (stays at 36 hours no matter how many days pass).

I did test it without InTeen and it does work, so I'll go ahead and say good job with this!

EDIT--Found a work-around for this. I added "zzz" to the beginning of this hack's name, causing the game to load it later than InTeen and it worked! If anyone else experiences this problem, try this method.
Field Researcher
#145 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:27 PM
Finally!Now Meadow Thayer can graduate without me being bored to death!(Too...much...lag!AAARGH!Okay,I'm calm now.)

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 6:14 PM
I became a senior in about 6 days !!! XD! THANKS. ILU <3

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Test Subject
#147 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 3:06 AM
Thank you! I dreaded sending my Sims to Uni because it felt like they spent half their life there. Plus there is so much you can take of those annoying team mascots and school cheer -_-"
Scholar
#148 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 5:08 AM
I always use this now. Uni takes forever otherwise.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 9:13 AM
OMG! now Uni is no boring ever.
Test Subject
#150 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:11 PM
Omg thank you thank you thank you!!!! I HATE having to wait a whole freakin 72 hours for the stupid semester to be over! This is like the best University mod ever!! :D
Page 6 of 10